XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

x1 pre-LCI and post-LCI.

I have seen some pretty cool x1 on the road, and at the same time, I have seen some pretty ugly/awkward looking ones.

Sometimes I wonder why, and I am sure most are stock also. Could it be the pre-LCI vs post-LCI exterior differences?

I am also wondering why some x1 seems to be 'lower' than others. Even from the images here, where the user claims its stock
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmr View Post
I have seen some pretty cool x1 on the road, and at the same time, I have seen some pretty ugly/awkward looking ones.

Sometimes I wonder why, and I am sure most are stock also. Could it be the pre-LCI vs post-LCI exterior differences?

I am also wondering why some x1 seems to be 'lower' than others. Even from the images here, where the user claims its stock
I think the angle you saw them could make a big difference coz I admit X1 from some angles look quite awkward and also the different trim lines. M Sport package gives X1 a completely different look - body colour front m spoiler, side skirts with just the rear diffuser in dark colour compared to the black trim that goes around the lower section on other lines. Also, the chrome trim on Xline on some colours don't go well together I guess. Also, the different size wheels available make up for all the difference I guess.

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:35 AM   #3
rps
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

I agree, the different colors make the car look completely different. I saw a dark blue X1 pulling out of a parking space and didn't realize it was an X11 until I saw the rear badge.
      01-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #4
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

I am not noticing too much of a difference for the front, beside the skirt/trim?

Damn, its too bad that this generation doesnt have the new bmw signature front - that kidney style or whatever we call it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
MazdaFan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive 28i

Quote:

The pretty ones are X-Line. Sport line looks just OK. Other trims are awkward.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #6
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
I am not noticing too much of a difference for the front, beside the skirt/trim?

Damn, its too bad that this generation doesnt have the new bmw signature front - that kidney style or whatever we call it.
These cars do have the kidney grilles. It is very signature BMW.

The base and X line cares have silver lower trim on the front and back, X line also gets silver rocker covers on the sides. X line gets silver grille slats, all others get black slits. X line has silver roof rails, others get black. Although, I believe in the US sports get the silver as well. Sport and M sport get gloss black window surrounds and the others get chrome. The sport line gets everything all blacked out and the M sport gets body coloured everything, except the rear "diffuser".

The older pre LCI cars have moose killer giant mirrors, no LED turn signals in the mirror either. They also have a side marker on the front fenders for the turn signals.

LCI got smaller mirros with LED signals integrated in them, then another update for 2015 added a bit of a front lip spoiler to the exterior.

Some M sports seem to have M badges everywhere on the exterior, some don't have any. I think it has more to do with a model designation box being checked or t=not, and not so much a model year thing.

So all in all, there are quite a few differences between model lines and model years for exterior styling.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #7
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
These cars do have the kidney grilles. It is very signature BMW.

The base and X line cares have silver lower trim on the front and back, X line also gets silver rocker covers on the sides. X line gets silver grille slats, all others get black slits. X line has silver roof rails, others get black. Although, I believe in the US sports get the silver as well. Sport and M sport get gloss black window surrounds and the others get chrome. The sport line gets everything all blacked out and the M sport gets body coloured everything, except the rear "diffuser".

The older pre LCI cars have moose killer giant mirrors, no LED turn signals in the mirror either. They also have a side marker on the front fenders for the turn signals.

LCI got smaller mirros with LED signals integrated in them, then another update for 2015 added a bit of a front lip spoiler to the exterior.

Some M sports seem to have M badges everywhere on the exterior, some don't have any. I think it has more to do with a model designation box being checked or t=not, and not so much a model year thing.

So all in all, there are quite a few differences between model lines and model years for exterior styling.
Thanks for the detailed info.

Sorry for my poor choice of words earlier, what I meant by signature grilles was actually the headlights. Something like the new x3

Where the headlights are connected to the grilles

Or the new 3-series (or whatever it is)

Just thought that it will make the car so much more agressive and trendy looking!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #8
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
With the exception of our "glass" not meeting up with the grilles, the Xenons are an option, and make the car look sharp and aggressive. Especially with the LCI getting the little eye brow LED strip.

I'm glad my car doesn't look so trendy. To me, this new trend of ultra aggressive, overly sporty styling is a joke. Seeing Corollas and such with spoilers and fin and intakes all over the place looks hilarious. We all know the car isn't fast, or cool, so let's not make it that.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
With the exception of our "glass" not meeting up with the grilles, the Xenons are an option, and make the car look sharp and aggressive. Especially with the LCI getting the little eye brow LED strip.

I'm glad my car doesn't look so trendy. To me, this new trend of ultra aggressive, overly sporty styling is a joke. Seeing Corollas and such with spoilers and fin and intakes all over the place looks hilarious. We all know the car isn't fast, or cool, so let's not make it that.
Wow, I like what you said! Its true. Thanks Twix
Appreciate 0