XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

03-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #67
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

If gas goes to $5 we will be bailing out GM and Chrysler (fiat) again. Ford seems a little bit better focused (no pun intended).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #68
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
BMW has been building 4 cyliner 5 series for as long as I can remember, I don't see what is unpalatable abou it?
Well, I can relate to Robert... As much as progress with 4 cyl engines has been spectacular, I would pick a 6, especially on a bigger car such as a 5 Series, in a heartbeat.
The feel, noise, and handling of a 6 cyl mill just has nothing to do with a 4, let alone when associated to an auto gearbox.
      03-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #69
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Well, I can relate to Robert... As much as progress with 4 cyl engines has been spectacular, I would pick a 6, especially on a bigger car such as a 5 Series, in a heartbeat.
The feel, noise, and handling of a 6 cyl mill just has nothing to do with a 4, let alone when associated to an auto gearbox.
6 cyl diesel yes, petrol not so sure. It would be great if we could still have 8 and 12 cyl Engines but fuel then needs to be 50 cents a litre which ain't gonna happen. Reality says we are going to smaller high performance engines in the future. Big capacity ones are now only for the uber rich and NA consumers.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0