Sport 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

09-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
popopine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blk x3 m40eye

I think the best looking exterior is the M sport.

That said, overall, i like the x-line. The wheels are cooler than the sport line imo. And you get some additional side/under protection with the aluminum skirt (though it's mostly for looks).

Sport interior: The bigger deal is that while you do get the sport seats, the color options are horrible for the regular sport line. Unless you like black. But i've always felt like i were in a cave with a black interior. Lighter interiors make the car feel much bigger inside, but then again, you gotta keep it clean. So it's a trade off. Though you won't have that problem with your x-line interior selection.

For me, all things being equal, it came down to what's more important, exterior or interior? I care more about what i see, where i spend more time, than what someone else sees. So interior matters more. That's kinda how i made my decision.

Whatever you choose it'll be sweet! Good luck!

Last edited by popopine; 09-28-2012 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
djminkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

The M Sport makes the truck look like a mini X5M in my opinion. I think its the best look with the 19" wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
Bimmerized
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportX1 View Post
The free paddle shifter for Sport Line has been discussed in another thread. It is a "hidden" feature. Official release announcement does not mention it. But, if you go to BMW web site to build a Sport Line, and then go to Option to select Paddle Shifter, it show $0 price for Sport Line. In this forum, one guy already bought a Sport Line with Paddle Shifter option for free.
I agree with you that the three lines are purposely devised by BMW Marketing Team to increase profit margin. They restrict wheels and interior colors to specific lines only. The wheels for X Line and Sport Line are beautiful and eye-catching. They are unique to X1, and so far I do not see any other BMW models have these two wheels. Like you mentioned, if they allow consumers to choose wheels and interior colors, and make sport seat as standalone option, nobody wants X Line and Sport Line. From comcumers' point of views, probably only the M Sport Line makes sense.

Sorry must have missed that thread, so are the paddles still free for the Sport Line if you tell your dealer you want them upon order? or was it a mistake which they have retracted? Anyone have access to the Order Bank to confirm?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
MSportX1
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerized View Post
Sorry must have missed that thread, so are the paddles still free for the Sport Line if you tell your dealer you want them upon order? or was it a mistake which they have retracted? Anyone have access to the Order Bank to confirm?
No, it is not a mistake. The option, Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters, is NC (No Charge) for Sport Line. But the default is no paddle shifter, unless you select the option. I just tried again to build a Sport Line. It still showed $0 for the paddle shifters option I selected. When you order a Sport Line, you can select the paddle shifter option and CA would not charge you any money.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #27
Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Sport because of the sports seats. Super comfy!
Appreciate 0