XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

04-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #23
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Dang! what a fox, so hot. But how did we start yapping about F1 politics when you show a babe, one of you may be playing with Barbie's instead of GI Joes, lol.
Aaaaand with that this thread is back on target! "Pointy elbow" crowd, get lost!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #24
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

Total smokeshow
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #25
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Blue:
What about "pay to drive" is so wrong re: Ms. Jorda? That approach to participating on an F1 team is not new. (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/21194933) Indeed, some very successful F1 drivers began their careers as "pay drivers."
  • Niki Lauda
  • Michael Schumacher
  • Fernando Alonso
  • Vitaly Petrov
  • Sergio Pérez
  • Pastor Maldonado
  • Bruno Senna
Besides, Lotus F1 is a new team. Odds are they need all the funding they can come by despite being owned by a Luxembourg venture capital firm. Indeed, Formula 1 racing is very much a corporate enterprise, and accordingly it applies a corporate business model.

It's naive to think that a corporate business model requires winning races. To the contrary, such endeavors need to generate cash flows and earn profits. If handing a seat on a test team to a lowly paid or unpaid driver in exchange for tidy sums of otherwise free financing doesn't make good business sense as a tactic for achieving near term business goals, then what on Earth does?

It's easy to sit before one's computer screen and write posts on B-posts that have romantic notions of sporting competition and podium glory underpinning them. Considering the longer term implications of bringing in a driver like Ms. Jorda are most certainly things that have crossed the minds of many an F1 Team owner. Regardless of the potential longer term consequences, the fact remains that a business must survive and prosper in the short term for "the long term" to ever arrive at all.

With regard to Ms. Jorda's specific appointment, I see the outcry against it as little more than sexism. Nonetheless, she's now on an F1 team. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see whether she ever competes in an F1 race and performs admirably.

All the best.
The key point you seem to miss is the 'untalented' comment - all of these other drivers demonstrated winning ability very early on whilst Jorda's driving record to date is truly dismal - basically has not won anything nor appears to show any promise of getting close to a podium. Thanks of the lecture on corporate business models :roll eyes:, but F1 teams are in the business to win as that is the #1 means of maximum publicity and profit - to think otherwise is truly naive. For me its about credibility and in this case a business direction that I certainly do not champion but to each their own.
      04-05-2015, 08:26 PM   #26
///M Leistung
/// Knight Industries Two Thousand
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
The key point you seem to miss is the 'untalented' comment - all of these other drivers demonstrated winning ability very early on whilst Jorda's driving record to date is truly dismal - basically has not won anything nor appears to show any promise of getting close to a podium. Thanks of the lecture on corporate business models :roll eyes:, but F1 teams are in the business to win as that is the #1 means of maximum publicity and profit - to think otherwise is truly naive. For me its about credibility and in this case a business direction that I certainly do not champion but to each their own.
Seriously "guys", are we still talking about how well she can drive..?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #27
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Leistung View Post
Seriously "guys", are we still talking about how well she can drive..?
Probably knows her way around a stick.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 01:31 AM   #28
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Blue:
What about "pay to drive" is so wrong re: Ms. Jorda? That approach to participating on an F1 team is not new. (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/21194933) Indeed, some very successful F1 drivers began their careers as "pay drivers."
  • Niki Lauda
  • Michael Schumacher
  • Fernando Alonso
  • Vitaly Petrov
  • Sergio Prez
  • Pastor Maldonado
  • Bruno Senna
Besides, Lotus F1 is a new team. Odds are they need all the funding they can come by despite being owned by a Luxembourg venture capital firm. Indeed, Formula 1 racing is very much a corporate enterprise, and accordingly it applies a corporate business model.

It's naive to think that a corporate business model requires winning races. To the contrary, such endeavors need to generate cash flows and earn profits. If handing a seat on a test team to a lowly paid or unpaid driver in exchange for tidy sums of otherwise free financing doesn't make good business sense as a tactic for achieving near term business goals, then what on Earth does?

It's easy to sit before one's computer screen and write posts on B-posts that have romantic notions of sporting competition and podium glory underpinning them. Considering the longer term implications of bringing in a driver like Ms. Jorda are most certainly things that have crossed the minds of many an F1 Team owner. Regardless of the potential longer term consequences, the fact remains that a business must survive and prosper in the short term for "the long term" to ever arrive at all.

With regard to Ms. Jorda's specific appointment, I see the outcry against it as little more than sexism. Nonetheless, she's now on an F1 team. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see whether she ever competes in an F1 race and performs admirably.

All the best.
I would completely agree with you, if she was actually racing.
      04-06-2015, 02:12 AM   #29
biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Who freakin’ cares how competitive she is in F1! I would rather imagine buying her way in or not she’s probably capable of outdriving most folks on this forum...but that doesn’t matter either. Any woman who loves cars is a winner in my book....Any woman who loves cars and has a passion for driving/racing is like a Mother F$%King unicorn. That’s a winning formula!

And yes she also happens to be easy on the eyes.
FORMER ///F87 M2C | Sunset Orange/Orange | 6MT | Black 788M Wheels
FORMER ///F82 M4 | SSII | Full SO | 6MT | Black 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 05:41 AM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Looks constipated
Yep , caused by too much "G"-(spot) forces..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #31
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Actually racing?? Or perhaps you mean specifically F1?
Attached Images

04-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #32
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob
Quote:
Lol I know she races, I meant for Lotus.
      04-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #33
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
Ouch looking at the number of wins and podiums I understand why she is lobbying for an all female F1 championship...

Then about poles...eh nevermind
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #34
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Wasn't she already replaced by another reserve/development driver?

Nevertheless, I would co-sign a loan for her.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #35
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol I know she races, I meant for Lotus.
Figured - my bad