XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

04-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Leading Long Beach winner looks to give BMW another W

Source: IMSA 4/2/2015

The leading winner in sports car racing at Long Beach will be looking to put BMW Team RLL back in the winning column when the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship returns to Southern California on Saturday, April 18.

Luhr, a four-time overall winner of the Tequila Patron Sports Car Showcase, will join John Edwards in the No. 24 IHG Rewards Club BMW Z4 GTLM. Bill Auberlen “ a 2013 GT winner with the team “ will co-drive the No. 25 IHG Rewards Club BMW Z4 GTLM with Dirk Werner.

"Yes, I have my secrets to getting around Long Beach!“ but I am not sharing!" Luhr said. "Otherwise, everyone will know them. Every street circuit has many secrets, and unlike a road course, you cannot go there and practice. For sure, my time there helps, but a lot of drivers in the series know this place very well."

Luhr won overall with Audi in 2008, and took three consecutive victories with Pickett Racing from 2011-13.

Joining BMW Team RLL for 2015, he is currently second in the point standings after finishing fourth in both the Rolex 24 At Daytona and Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida. He and Edwards are seven points behind Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia (36-29), who won the opening two rounds in the No. 3 Corvette Racing C7.R.

"The GTLM class is so close and every car is very strong, so it is difficult to say (how the BMW will perform at Long Beach)," Luhr said. "We will do our job and see how it goes, but I think it could be a BMW track."

Luhr added that he had no problems transitioning from Prototypes to the BMW.

"For sure, I have adapted my style a little to suit the Z4 GTLM already and I love driving it, but no specific changes in my driving style for Long Beach."

Last edited by 954Stealth; 04-02-2015 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Yesss! I'll be there! Can't wait.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
954Stealth