XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

05-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #23
Garvis
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive20dA M-Sport -13

Just ordered a Maxi Cosi Cabrio Fit with base system. It fits perfectly behind front passenger seat with about an inch to spare when the seat is in it's normal comfy position.

The stroller we have ordered is a Baby Jogger - City Elite. When folded, it fits straight in the back with good room on the side.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #24
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Pics when you got your items please!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
tonydetiger
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

Garage List
Glad this came up, as my wife and I are expecting our second in August, and I'm looking into an X1 as a replacement for my current car. We have a Chicco Keyfit from our first child that's still usable. I'm test driving next weekend, and I'm bringing the car seat with me to test fit.

It's no deal breaker. Thanks to the suggestions, I've got lots of ideas of other car seats to try.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #26
Ex-One
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ex-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydetiger
Glad this came up, as my wife and I are expecting our second in August, and I'm looking into an X1 as a replacement for my current car. We have a Chicco Keyfit from our first child that's still usable. I'm test driving next weekend, and I'm bringing the car seat with me to test fit.

It's no deal breaker. Thanks to the suggestions, I've got lots of ideas of other car seats to try.
Think you can get a picture of the keyfit installed for us?

That's the car seat I'm looking at. Little one expected to arrive in August.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #27
MrT-Man
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M-Sport

I've got the Britax B-Safe installed directly behind the passenger's seat. My wife, who's 5'5", claims she's reasonably comfortable sitting in front of it. I'm 5'11" and can barely squeeze in... I can manage it only for very short drives.

I think the Keyfit might be like half an inch or an inch shorter (which might be enough to make all the difference), though in my case the wife really wanted the B-Safe for whatever reason.

Anyway, I figure if I'm not driving, I'm probably going to want to be sitting beside the baby regardless...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #28
aramosc
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 S-line 28i

I got a Britax Frontier.. I hope it fits well.. she will be sitting behind me..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #29
tonydetiger
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydetiger View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-One View Post
Think you can get a picture of the keyfit installed for us?

That's the car seat I'm looking at. Little one expected to arrive in August.
Sure will. Our Keyfit is 4 years old, but I don't think the model has changed drastically.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #30
huacker
Rep
Drives: X1 S18d 2013

Wondering anyone get Cybex Pallas 2 Fix for 9 months & above
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #31
Garvis
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive20dA M-Sport -13

Maxi Cosi Cabriofix mounted in the backseat of my X1. About an inch to spare to the front passenger seat. If you are under 180 cm long you will still sit comfy in the front seat.
Attached Images

Last edited by Garvis; 06-13-2013 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #32
tonydetiger
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got to go and test fit our Older Chicco Keyfit. I'm disappointed in the backseat now. I had to move the passenger seat quite a bit forward just to get it to fit.

To have this car work, I need to find a car seat that will absolutely fit the backseat without interfering with the front seat comfort.

Any solid suggestions? Britax? Maxi Cosi? I have to cross off Chicco as a possibility. Even if the newer Chicco is an inch or two shorter, it won't fit at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
Capionsfd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 m sport

We are buying a peg perego and placing it in the middle. I'm 6' and the shape of the seat fits the best.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #34
MrSnrub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 02 WRB WRX, 13 Jet Black x28i

I have the KeyFit 30. The safest position is purportedly in the center of the rear seat, however, the X1 only has LATCH connections for the left and right seats. I was told by a trained technician that, despite the fact that you can easily fit the seat in the center using one LATCH hook from each of the side seats, it has likely not been tested that way. This means that if you wish to use the rear-facing infant seat in the center position, you must use the center belt.

Consequently, I put the seat behind the passenger's seat, which requires me to move the seat up, especially considering you are NOT supposed to drive with the seat handle in front of the child. It is to be snapped behind - thereby taking up even more space (at least on the Chicco KeyFit 30). I wish I was wrong about the handle issue.

One more thing: to get a very snug fit and have the base be level, I advance the seat back on that side one notch.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 02:22 AM   #35
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capionsfd
We are buying a peg perego and placing it in the middle. I'm 6' and the shape of the seat fits the best.
We've got a Peg Perego Prima Viaggio (sp?) and found it worked best behind the passenger. The middle has a slight hump and the unit teetered too much. Plus left no room for either front seat (I'm 6'4"). At least this way only the passenger has given up a moderate amount of space.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #36
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

In my opinion, center installs with seatbelt are not safe due to the seatbelt being off center and the buckle strap being 6" long. I installed the Combi Coccoro via latch behind passenger seat. Using latch in the center is safer if your car seat is approved for non-standard spacing.

http://thecarseatlady.wordpress.com/...cocenterlatch/

http://thecarseatlady.wordpress.com/...ingcenterlatc/
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #37
nospam
Captain
Rep

According to this, BMW does not allow center latch installs regardless of the car seat allowing it.

http://www.thecarseatlady.com/vehicl...system_10.html

I think the center hump in BMWs makes the center unsafe.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #38
tonydetiger
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Anybody have pictures and or measurements? I'm trying to find a infant or convertible seat that will fit the back seat without compromising the front seat much.

I'm thinking either Maxi Cosi or Cybex. I'm 5' 10". My wife is 5' 8". I tend to sit a bit forward in my driving position. My wife sits a bit further back.

I want to buy an X1, and the back seat space is what has me caught up.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #39
nospam
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydetiger View Post
Anybody have pictures and or measurements? I'm trying to find a infant or convertible seat that will fit the back seat without compromising the front seat much.

I'm thinking either Maxi Cosi or Cybex. I'm 5' 10". My wife is 5' 8". I tend to sit a bit forward in my driving position. My wife sits a bit further back.

I want to buy an X1, and the back seat space is what has me caught up.
Car-seat.org has a wealth of information. It appears that the Cybex Aton is the most space efficient infant bucket and the Combi Coccoro for convertibles fit for infants.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #40
tonydetiger
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I think we've decided to go with a convertible seat, so that we don't have to buy another car seat until our son is in a booster. That should open up possibilities, since convertible seats typically don't stick out as much towards the front seats.

It sounded like the Maxi Cosi Pria 70 was a good fit. Any other good convertible seats that sound good?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 08:29 AM   #41
CERF04ZHP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / F31 M-Sport

Best car seat for new born?

Hey guys - wanted to resurrect an old thread.

Looking for the best baby seat option for our newborn.

We have a 3-year old in a Recaro convertible that will go behind the driver's seat, and a Britax B-safe from when he was little, but that is way too big behind the passenger seat in the X1.

It sounds like the Primo Viaggio or the Maxi Cosi were the two best options. Does anyone else want to weigh in with their personal experiences?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 10:41 AM   #42
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

We have a peg perego and only my 5' wife can sit comfortably in front, I'm 6' and while I fit it's not exactly comfortably
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #43
CERF04ZHP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
We have a peg perego and only my 5' wife can sit comfortably in front, I'm 6' and while I fit it's not exactly comfortably
Thanks for the input. That being said, I am 5'11'' and can drive the X1 comfortably with my 3 year old son behind me. If we put the new baby seat on the passenger side in the back, should my 5'4'' wife should be able to ride comfortably in the front passenger seat?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #44
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CERF04ZHP View Post
Thanks for the input. That being said, I am 5'11'' and can drive the X1 comfortably with my 3 year old son behind me. If we put the new baby seat on the passenger side in the back, should my 5'4'' wife should be able to ride comfortably in the front passenger seat?
Yeah I think so. Your best bet would be to take the car to the store and ask to try out the seats.

Even with our car seat I can sit in front of it, it's just tight is all, and I'm 6' tall.
Appreciate 0