Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35 M-Sport Dinan

Passenger and rear doors unlock

Does any one know how to unlock the passenger and rear doors when the drivers door is unlocked. I know that I can lock the drivers door and then unlock all the doors. Or I can take out the remote and unlock the doors. With my X3 all I had to due was put my hand in the door handle and all the doors would unlock.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

You can set this in Idrive under settings> locking
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I have it set to unlock all doors, what am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
I have it set to unlock all doors, what am I missing?
What, you set it to unlock all doors and they still don't unlock?

I recently changed the settings to unlock all doors and now when I put my hand on the inside of the driver's side door handle, they unlock.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Sounds like you may have assigned it to the wrong key. My wife's key is set to unlock only the driver's door, but mine unlocks all of them. There are times that when we both have our keys on us, it will only unlock the driver's door.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I only use one key the other hangs on a hook in the house. Here is what happens. If the X1 has all doors locked then putting my hand in the door handle unlocks all doors.
If I stop to pick up someone and turn off the X1 leaving the drivers door unlocked. When I come back to the X1 I either have to lock the drivers door or get in and use the button on the dash to unlock the other doors. This did not happen with the X3 that I just traded in. I could just open the drivers door and the other doors would unlock even if the drivers door was unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
halfmoonclip
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 28i

Ours is set to only open the driver's door with a tug for security reasons; if I need to open another door for additional passengers I unlock with the fob.
Moon
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
Ours is set to only open the driver's door with a tug for security reasons; if I need to open another door for additional passengers I unlock with the fob.
Moon
Thanks it just seems odd that all the other BMWs allow you to unlock all the doors if the drivers door is already unlocked.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
Dirtyduc
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

This may sound stupid, but do you have it for the doors to lock when you start moving? I know when I have a loners i had the same problem as you
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyduc View Post
This may sound stupid, but do you have it for the doors to lock when you start moving? I know when I have a loners i had the same problem as you
Here is a picture of how I have it setup.

Please let me know if I need to change anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
jlerner62
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35

[QUOTE=iride4u;15072958]I only use one key the other hangs on a hook in the house. Here is what happens. If the X1 has all doors locked then putting my hand in the door handle unlocks all doors.
If I stop to pick up someone and turn off the X1 leaving the drivers door unlocked. When I come back to the X1 I either have to lock the drivers door or get in and use the button on the dash to unlock the other doors. This did not happen with the X3 that I just traded in. I could just open the drivers door and the other doors would unlock even if the drivers door was unlocked.[/

How did you unlock the drivers door? Pulled twice on the handle?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #12
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

I could be wrong, but the option that says "lock if no door is opened" sounds like it may mean that if any door is unlocked then pressing the lock button will lock that door, otherwise it will unlock all doors.

Since the car only has a single button to both lock and unlock all the doors, this option probably sets how this button functions when not all the doors are in the same unlocked/locked position. One way it defaults to lock and the other way it defaults to unlock.

I could be wrong, but that seems to make sense to me. I've only had my car for a couple of days now, so I haven't messed around with those settings yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Eric5273
Thanks I will read the manual to see what that setting does.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
TTGator
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Dinan S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
I could be wrong, but the option that says "lock if no door is opened" sounds like it may mean that if any door is unlocked then pressing the lock button will lock that door, otherwise it will unlock all doors.

Since the car only has a single button to both lock and unlock all the doors, this option probably sets how this button functions when not all the doors are in the same unlocked/locked position. One way it defaults to lock and the other way it defaults to unlock.

I could be wrong, but that seems to make sense to me. I've only had my car for a couple of days now, so I haven't messed around with those settings yet.
The "Lock if no door is open", I had assumed, is same feature on my VW Jetta. If you unlock the vehicle with your remote but never open the doors (say you forgot something and went back inside your house), the car will lock itself automatically after a short period of time (maybe 30 seconds?)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
jlerner62
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post

relocks the doors if no door is opened
Appreciate 0