XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-24-2017, 03:55 AM   #1
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

F1 2017: Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina (Nov 26)

Fri 24 November – Sun 26 November 2017 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX

Abu Dhabi GP Tyre Allocation

Fri 24 November – Sun 26 November 2016

Practice 1 Fri 13:00 (Local)| Fri 4:00 AM EST | Fri 1:00 AM PST

Practice 2 Fri 17:00 (Local)| Fri 8:00 AM EST | Fri 5:00 AM PST NBCSN

Practice 3 Sat 14:00 (Local)| Fri 5:00 AM EST | Fri 2:00 AM PST

Qualifying Sat 17:00 (Local)| Sat 8:00 AM EST | Sat 5:00 AM PST NBCSN

Race Sun 17:00 (Local)| Sun 8:00 AM EST | Sun 5:00 AM PST NBCSN
Appreciate 4
N52UNED176.00
NickyC17346.00
shay2nak1070.00
      11-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

The qualifying..
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #3
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Good to see Bottas end the season at a high, hope next year he will be able to put a consistent pressure on Hamilton.

But overall race was a boring IMO. If it wasn't Riccairdo retirement, the top 10 would've finish the way race started.
      11-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Holy crap...thats an ugly logo.
      11-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #5
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Holy crap...thats an ugly logo.
I don't get it either. The "1" doesn't look like a 1. It looks like a capital "I". It looks more appropriate as a logo for Force India.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #6
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Another year in the books! I got a chuckle out of Massa joining the Silver Arrows at the end there on the front straight.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful pictures this year, and of course a HUGE thanks to Mtxzptlk for all he does in these threads for us!!

See you all in a short four months or so for Australia!!!
Appreciate 2
cngo56.00
Mtxzptlk871.00
      11-27-2017, 01:29 AM   #7
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
I don't get it either. The "1" doesn't look like a 1. It looks like a capital "I". It looks more appropriate as a logo for Force India.
Then I happened to watch the last 5 laps of the F2 (previously GP2) race, the logo is better than the "new" F1 logo!
And its a much more exciting race. LOL!!!
      11-27-2017, 01:31 AM   #8
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Thank You Mtxzptlk for setting up all races threads. As a veteran of these threads, it takes a lot of effort and time creating a platform for us to chat and discuss various aspects of F1 during the course of the season!
You're the man!!!
      11-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #9
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

First off ... thanks Mtxzptlk ... much appreciate the threads.

I agree with my fellow posters, this was a boring race ... IMO the most boring of the season.

Although very stealthy ... it looks like Ricciardo is laying the ground work to try and get Ferrari interested in making him an offer.

As during an interview with Will Buxton ... when Will asked Daniel how he felt about coming in behind Kimi in the driver's championship standings ... Daniels reply was basically ... 'with the car he had (kimi) this season, he didn't feel bad at all' ... so basically saying that Kimi didn't do that good considering and he would've likely done better in the car. ... Well played Ricciardo.

I'm kinda waffling on the idea if Seb would welcome Daniel as a team mate again or not.

Although during Seb's last year, Daniel outperformed Seb, but Seb suffered a lot of reliablility issues; and they could never seem to get the car set-up right for him ... plus I'd also speculate that Seb wasn't exactly giving it his all; seeing that he was deep in talks with Ferrari at the time, and the only way out of Red Bull was by using his performance clause. But I'm still not sure Seb would be comfortable enough with his team mate trying to pressure him all the time ... as that's what he likes about Kimi ... he's the perfect "utility driver" ... he'll try his best but will do what he's told in the end. He just gets out there and drives. Period.

I'm not so sure Daniel would be willing to be #2. Perhaps his ego might make him think he can outperform Seb again (although I'm a Ricciardo fanboy ... I doubt it).

As far as Ricciardo going to the Silver Arrows ... although he's an extremely talented driver, I just don't see him as a driver Merc would be interested in. Bottas seems to fit nicely with the team ... and if he performs just a little bit better next year - I can't see them ditching him to go after Ricciardo (although I think Daniel is a much better driver).

Personally I think Ferrari would be perfect for Daniel. Plus I gotta believe Daniel's Italian last name has to entice Ferrari a bit ... regardless of him being an Aussie or not. And although Daniel won't be the #1 driver ... I'd imagine Ferrari wouldn't hinder him too much if he's outperforming Seb during the race. Now if it's close ... they'll back Seb. Curious.

All in all ... it looks like the writing is on the wall ... Daniel is about done with Red Bull and will only stay if he finds himself without an offer to ride in a better car. Which is smart since Red Bull is obviously all in with Max and it will be more and more Max's team (and rightfully so ... he's immensely talented and is perfect for Red Bull as far as being a representative for the brand).

... just my $0.02

Last edited by N52UNED; 11-27-2017 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 2
EdM53854.50
Mtxzptlk871.00
      11-29-2017, 02:50 AM   #10
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Nice to see Kubica testing the Williams today.
      12-01-2017, 02:42 AM   #11
madmax240
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I've been reading a few end of year recaps of the season. They all put down Kimi Räikkönen - relative to Seb, but everyone has forgotten that Ferrari engineered for him to be behind Seb on a number of occasions. I seem to remember, he could have won 2 or 3 races this year. Silverstone was a good one for Kimi, until the tire problems.

I think he's still good. maybe not top flight, a lot like Bottas in Mercedes.

It was a great year of racing. It can only get better if there are 3 or more contenders next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #12
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
Nice to see Kubica testing the Williams today.
I gotta say I'm not so enthusiastic about Kubica coming back to F1. To me it seems that the story is leading the train. Granted he was and is a very talented driver, but the rigors of a full F1 season isn't the same as simulator and track time ... and racing is much different than both, especially as a season wears on. Then there's the fact that he still has some limited use of one of his hands ... although whatever team can adjust the steering wheel to be more biased to one hand regarding controls ... but what's going to happen when he needs to save the car, will he be able to? Will his limited use come back to haunt him late in the season?... There's just so many questions not yet answered.

I'm not saying Kubica doesn't deserve a ride ... but perhaps the outpouring fan support of the feel good story is pushing things a bit further than it should. IMHO perhaps a year in F2/GP2 or at least setting up a scenario that he shares a car and splits the race schedule, would be best to see if his race endurance is up to par. I understand he and his fans would like to see him back in an F1 car ... and there's not always seats available ... but this is his one shot ... if people push him further than he's really able to go, and he fall short ... that will definitely destroy not only his F1 career but his namesake and reputation.

IMHO if Williams signs Kubica as a full time driver ... they will be doing him a disservice ... and its most likely because of contractual obligations with Martini regarding age, as well as a huge bump in PR for a F1 team who's been lacking in the performance department. They've already shown with Massa that they have no problem using a driver to suit their needs and moving on when they see fit (which is their prerogative ... nowadays F1 is a business more than a racing program).

My $0.02

(alright ... let the flaming begin )
Appreciate 0