XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #67
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

I also agree that white actually does a good job of hiding scratches. We have a 2002 Camry that is white and the coloring does a great job of hiding 13 years of dings, dents & scratches
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 04:43 PM   #68
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

Ooh I love that blue color! I wish we had that!

Want to trade car bodies? Lol!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #69
xirsteon
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive

Thanks to you both. I update once a final decision is made. I just found a cpo '13 35 with 35kmi around the same price point but the dealer has such a bad ratings. Everyone just says to stay as far as possible....oooh oooh the angel eyes...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #70
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
Ooh I love that blue color! I wish we had that!

Want to trade car bodies? Lol!!!

I would have preferred the blue too. Only problem is all the ones i have seen either al the pkgs, white interior or the color closer to shiiiiit which my +1 said she despise with passion.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #71
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
FWIW, the 17s would be better on the track, too.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #72
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
FWIW, the 17s would be better on the track, too.
By any chance, could you please point me to where you purchased the carbon fuber brow material?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #73
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Dealer trying to pull that 'deposit' psychology thing but so far it isn't working. If the car hasn't sold in over month, it probably won't be selling by the time I get there and if it does, well good. I'm trying to get him to send me Bill of Sale so I can pick up my finance check from my bank and the guy is indirectly refuse to budge.

One more chance, and I'll pull out of the deal altogether. I like how they sometime get all worked up trying to pressure you into putting down a deposit even if you're not absolutely sure you're getting the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #74
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

Aren't those deposits refundable? For our car we put down the deposit but with the caveat of seeing (and being satisfied with) all the paperwork and the physical shape of the car (actually had them put it on a lift and have me look around asking questions).

If we didn't like something we pull out of the deal and get our deposit back.

Also, deposits are usually accepted with credit cards, so you get points.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #75
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Aren't those deposits refundable? For our car we put down the deposit but with the caveat of seeing (and being satisfied with) all the paperwork and the physical shape of the car (actually had them put it on a lift and have me look around asking questions).

If we didn't like something we pull out of the deal and get our deposit back.

Also, deposits are usually accepted with credit cards, so you get points.
I agree w/all your points. There's nothing really stopping them from selling the car to another buyer who is paying more / financing w/them before my arrival. Half the time, it's all about their making more $$ out of your debt. This has happened to people I know who drove 3 hours only to find the car sold with deposit down.
I know I could put down a deposit via a credit card, I just don't want to give into any psychological advantage because I'm already interested in the vehicle. Putting down a deposit is more or less playing into their hands and since I'm bringing my own financing, there's no incentive for me to succumb to their pressure game. It becomes incredibly hard to get a refund from some of these dealers at times. Sure I can file a dispute with my cc company but I'd rather not go that route just for my own peace of mind.

I'll play the waiting game for now. Worse case scenario, i will get another one.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #76
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

Hard to argue with personal preference :-)

And I agree that it's likely not very easy to get that deposit back, especially if the dealer doesn't have the best reviews.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #77
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hard to argue with personal preference :-)

And I agree that it's likely not very easy to get that deposit back, especially if the dealer doesn't have the best reviews.
Yep..this particular dealer has bad reviews in terms of financing. Most of them said to just come in with your own financing. Anyway the dealer emailed me the bill of sale. Of course, he also followed up with a phone call demanding a deposit. I'd rather take my chance on this knowing all i have to lose is my driving time and gas money.

I hope this drill is over soon. Good thing i don't buy cars every 3 years. Thanks again for your support.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #78
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Good luck, hopefully it ends up being a car you really like and everything goes smoothly.

When are you planning on making the trip to see it?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #79
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Good luck, hopefully it ends up being a car you really like and everything goes smoothly.

When are you planning on making the trip to see it?
thanks man. Wife and I are getting cold feet mainly because of the dealer reviews. The service dept is terrible (although we won't be servicing it there). My +1 wonders if the service is terrible as indicated on yelp, how much "certification" did they really did right on the car?

Also, i'm having a mix feeling mainly because the sales guy first said the wheels meet cpo certs but now told me on Wednesday that they put new tires on n blah blah at some point during certification. It makes think they'll say Jesus was from pluto if that'll earn them a sale.

Anyone here know precisely line by line what the cpo warranty actually covers besides the power train? I'm not too worried about wear and tear parts as i can buy oem parts at a german auto store nearby without any issues. I'm more concerned about seats motor, nav screen / unit going kaput, etc. Speaking of which, finding a good bmw service is somewhat like hitting the jackpot. We've 2 dealers close by and the service dept sucks.

we plan to go there either mid next week or weekend.

Last edited by xirsteon; 11-27-2015 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 07:19 PM   #80
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

CPO is a BMW USA warranty so your best bet is to check online, but from what I understand it covers everything the 4yr/50kmi warranty covers
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #81
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirsteon View Post
thanks man. Wife and I are getting cold feet mainly because of the dealer reviews. The service dept is terrible (although we won't be servicing it there). My +1 wonders if the service is terrible as indicated on yelp, how much "certification" did they really did right on the car?

Also, i'm having a mix feeling mainly because the sales guy first said the wheels meet cpo certs but now told me on Wednesday that they put new tires on n blah blah at some point during certification. It makes think they'll say Jesus was from pluto if that'll earn them a sale.

Anyone here know precisely line by line what the cpo warranty actually covers besides the power train? I'm not too worried about wear and tear parts as i can buy oem parts at a german auto store nearby without any issues. I'm more concerned about seats motor, nav screen / unit going kaput, etc. Speaking of which, finding a good bmw service is somewhat like hitting the jackpot. We've 2 dealers close by and the service dept sucks.

we plan to go there either mid next week or weekend.
I guess I'm not understanding your concern. The car is CPO'd. A full warranty. Why are you so concerned about the dealer's rep that's selling the car? If they are any issues, it's under warranty.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #82
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yep, you're buying the car not the dealer.

I can understand being worried about a shady dealership, but if it is a certified CPO you are covered.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #83
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
I guess I'm not understanding your concern. The car is CPO'd. A full warranty. Why are you so concerned about the dealer's rep that's selling the car? If they are any issues, it's under warranty.
Just exercising caution that's all since it is such a big purchase whether it's CPO or not. I'd rather save myself the hassle now by doing proper research than having to visit the dealer multiple times / have a buyer's remorse later.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #84
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Yep, you're buying the car not the dealer.

I can understand being worried about a shady dealership, but if it is a certified CPO you are covered.
lol If I could buy the dealer, I wouldn't be in this forum /s :-) Yes you're right. Sometimes I think reading in the forums is not good for me (depending on how you see it). It can be quite informative/helpful but at the same time it can be a big downer when you come across posts where someone took in their car in multiple times to the dealer and they keep saying "nothing is wrong with it or we can't find any issues". I'm sure those cars are under warranty too but who has to live with the issues that the dealer couldn't fix? Anyway, forgive my rant as I'm just being cautious that's all.

I'll post once we return from the trip. big thanks to you for the PMs. I really appreciate the look out. Thanks to vst....as well for being helpful.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #85
bimmer4lif3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M440 gran coupe, E46 M3

Hello if you are by any chance purchasing from Openroad BMW Robury formerly Denville BMW stay away they are the biggest bunch of sleeze ball, bullshitting, deceptive pieces of shit there are
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #86
bimmer4lif3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M440 gran coupe, E46 M3

]Hello if you are by any chance purchasing from Openroad BMW Robury formerly Denville BMW stay away they are the biggest bunch of sleeze ball, bullshitting, deceptive pieces of shit out there
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #87
vstolpner
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirsteon View Post
Thanks to vst....as well for being helpful.
Haha, no problem. Glad I could help.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 05:26 AM   #88
xirsteon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4lif3 View Post
]Hello if you are by any chance purchasing from Openroad BMW Robury formerly Denville BMW stay away they are the biggest bunch of sleeze ball, bullshitting, deceptive pieces of shit out there
Thanks for the heads up. I had read about Open Road online. Although I found one that i liked from Roxbury, it was sold by the time they finally picked up the phone. The reviews of some of the bmw dealerships are pretty terrifying when you consider that they're selling luxury cars. I suppose some of them can be excused since they didn't manufactured the cars. I wish there is law that'll make car buying process simply online only with the exception of test driving. I don't even hand out my real # to these dealers. I have several who calls me daily along with emails. I just send them all to google voice / hangout land.
Appreciate 0