XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

Cold air from between door and dash ?

Now that the temps have been below 30 for the last few days I have found that there is a definite flow of cold air coming from the lower dash area where it abuts the door on the drivers side. It is so noticeable that when my hand is on the wheel at 7 o'clock the cold hits my hand. I can move my hand and trace it to the area I described above. When you first move your hand in the general area of the cold it seems as if it is coming from the light switch but then you can follow it down further to the are between the dash and the door. The strange thing is that the cold air is flowing whether moving or standing still. it is not residual cold built up because if you move your hand in any direction 6 inches up down the air is warmer. Any ideas on what is going on here?

PS: Other than this situation the X1 warms up the cabin quickly.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
I felt something similar. I think BMW has poor insulation around the steering stalk. Hence why there is foam between the wheel mount and the dashboard. That foam also helps with the two pieces not rattling.

That's just my opinion though
Appreciate 0