XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Prague/Croatia

Are 2 weeks enough to explore Croatia? Is it too ambitious to do Prague and then head over to Croatia (all in about 2 weeks)? Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #2
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Wife is Croatian, been there a few times. Been to Prague too. To be frank, i'd just do Croatia if you have two weeks, you will spend the time easily.

See here for photos http://alfiimages.zenfolio.com/f911526456

I have mostly been in the south, Rab is a quiet island compared to many of the party islands but equally beautiful, highly recommended unless you're under 24 and MUST party.

Makarska is wonderful, a must see. Plitvice National park you will need a full day and absolutely must go. Give Zagreb two days only.

Never been in the north but in two weeks you could easily do the following .....

Zagreb - 2 days
Plitvice - 1 day (stop off in Turanj to visit the roadside museum)
Hit an island, again I recommend Rab (5 days)
Makarska - 3 days
Dubrovnik and surrounds - 4 days

You could try squeezing Split in there too if brave.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Wife is Croatian, been there a few times. Been to Prague too. To be frank, i'd just do Croatia if you have two weeks, you will spend the time easily.

See here for photos http://alfiimages.zenfolio.com/f911526456

I have mostly been in the south, Rab is a quiet island compared to many of the party islands but equally beautiful, highly recommended unless you're under 24 and MUST party.

Makarska is wonderful, a must see. Plitvice National park you will need a full day and absolutely must go. Give Zagreb two days only.

Never been in the north but in two weeks you could easily do the following .....

Zagreb - 2 days
Plitvice - 1 day (stop off in Turanj to visit the roadside museum)
Hit an island, again I recommend Rab (5 days)
Makarska - 3 days
Dubrovnik and surrounds - 4 days

You could try squeezing Split in there too if brave.
Wow 5 days in Rab? We'll probably only have 10-11 days not including travel and flight time. From my research it seems like there is a ton to see/do in Croatia so I'll probably have to pick and choose maybe 2-3 cities and do day trips from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Well depends if you want to relax a bit. Sure you can do WAY more places and island hop a bit but you're moving faster. If you have 11 days i'd drop Zagreb to one full day, RAB, Makarska and Dubrovnic to 2 full days each. Add the travel days and you're done.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Well depends if you want to relax a bit. Sure you can do WAY more places and island hop a bit but you're moving faster. If you have 11 days i'd drop Zagreb to one full day, RAB, Makarska and Dubrovnic to 2 full days each. Add the travel days and you're done.
Yeah I would prefer to take it easy- explore, sightsee, enjoy food, relax. Don't wanna be constantly moving around too much. I think your suggestion works. I'll plan around that. Thank you!
Appreciate 0