05-01-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
jmtm
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: mini cooper

cup holder

hi all
i've just a stupid question for you: is the cup holder removable or is it folding cup holder ?
Attached Images

05-01-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

It's removable. A bit hard to pull out at first lol. I thought I'll tear half of the car by removing it.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
jmtm
Private
Belgium
Rep

Thank you Kres7787
      05-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

No biggy. If you got any Qs, I'd be happy to answer. If I can! Though talking about the car wont make your time pass any faster
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
jmtm
Private
Belgium
Rep

6600 minutes of waiting before the delivery
      05-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Clips in and out.
      05-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #7
plutoibook
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi guys, I am very confused by this cup holder. Is it different country by country? I am in Australia and I don't see this cup holder when my car was delivered. Checked with them today, they said they hadn't see that before. Is this not available for Australian model?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #8
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoibook View Post
Hi guys, I am very confused by this cup holder. Is it different country by country? I am in Australia and I don't see this cup holder when my car was delivered. Checked with them today, they said they hadn't see that before. Is this not available for Australian model?
Good question, my car has the whole storage pack thing but did not come with the cupholder. Asked my dealer and he said that it does not come with the auto-shift.

Mmmm, not too sure about that. I am not fussed though as on the test car I found it in the way so just pulled it out and threw it in the back. My car has another cupholder in the centre console, between the armrest and the shifter.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
plutoibook
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Good question, my car has the whole storage pack thing but did not come with the cupholder. Asked my dealer and he said that it does not come with the auto-shift.

Mmmm, not too sure about that. I am not fussed though as on the test car I found it in the way so just pulled it out and threw it in the back. My car has another cupholder in the centre console, between the armrest and the shifter.
yes I got that in the centre console as well. But just couriously even a small cup holder is different from country to country. The dealer here told me they didn't know about that. I have friends in other countries they told me it came along with the delivery. Some told me if you didn't ask the dealer for that, they might took it before it was delivered.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #10
yohans
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d

The way I understand it is that the removable cup holder as in the picture in the op is only available in markets where the vehicles are LHD i.e. left hand drive. For RHD or right hand drive as in Australia, UK, Japan, etc the removable cup holder is not provided or is even an option. The second cup holder is in the centre console. This is what I have.

In my view this is a very poor design as you cannot use it unless you keep the console open ie. keep the console lid upright and it reduces the storage space in the console considerably.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 05:37 AM   #11
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohans View Post
The way I understand it is that the removable cup holder as in the picture in the op is only available in markets where the vehicles are LHD i.e. left hand drive. For RHD or right hand drive as in Australia, UK, Japan, etc the removable cup holder is not provided or is even an option. The second cup holder is in the centre console. This is what I have.

In my view this is a very poor design as you cannot use it unless you keep the console open ie. keep the console lid upright and it reduces the storage space in the console considerably.
The RHD UK demo I drove definitely did have the cupholder on the right hand side of the console but as I said I found it in the way while driving as I kept on bumping it with my knee. Anything in the cupholder would also have interfered with gearchanges. If it was on the passenger side it would have been better which makes me suspect that the LHD/RHD thing might be a reason for its disappearance.

My console does not even have the slot for one so no-one has nicked it as another post suggests.

I find the cupholder in the middle of the console fine as long as you move the armrest right back (mine is quite stiff to move but it does move quite a bit)

Anyone else on here have a RHD with cupholder?
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0