11-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Question Strange issue with iPod/Bluetooth

Hey guys!

I'm having the strangest issue with my iPod and Bluetooth. When my iPod alone is plugged in, it works perfectly. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. But, when I hook up my Bluetooth from my Android phone (Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE), it works for a few minutes, then an odd, noticeable yet subtle "beep" occurs for about a second, and both the iPod and Bluetooth just stop working. The iDrive system says that it can no longer detect the iPod connection (through USB cable) and my Bluetooth just turns off. I have to then disconnect and reconnect the iPod to get it working. And then, again, when I turn on the Bluetooth, same issue. Tiny little "beep" (kind of sounds like some kind of interference noise?) and both the iPod and Bluetooth quit working. When I leave in my iPod alone, no issue whatsoever, as I've tested it hours on end, whereas with the iPod and Bluetooth both connected, the issue occurs within minutes.

I am absolutely at loss here. What is going on? Any ideas? Issue with Bluetooth maybe? Hopefully it's not the iDrive system.

I haven't made any modifications to my iDrive system (or X1 in general, apart from changing the tires and wheels).

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
odieman23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i M-Pkg & HK

Garage List
i say...that's programming issues...take it to the dealer and have them reprogram it....

the system has various lines to connect with...and none should interfere....I normally have 2 phone linked up via bluetooth and one of them is wire to play music...I have never encouter that issue...good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Does the issue occur with a different model phone connected via bluetooth ?

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Does the issue occur with a different model phone connected via bluetooth ?
I'm not sure, as I don't have another phone to connect. I can try to barrow my friend's phone and find out.

Also, I was in an accident with my X1 and they had to reset the system. This was not an issue before, but started happening after. Possible correlation?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

If it was working fine before then a change occurred, like the accident, then yes there could be a correlation. Still wouldn't hurt to try with a different phone if you have access to one. If nothing else it's extra info to tell the dealership (tried with two different phones and same occurred)

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Thanks for the advice fellas. I think I got it fixed, hopefully it stays working. Not sure where the issue was, but I reset my phone, removed the bluetooth in my X1, and reestablished the connection. I also turned off the Audio connection from my phone to Bluetooth, since I have my iPod for that anyways. Drove it it for about 20 minutes, and seems like it is working. If it doesn't I'm taking it to my dealer.
Appreciate 0