Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #23
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnia77 View Post
Hi I am looking at buying a X1 how many kms do you get on a tank I am looking at getting the 2 litre diesel s drive how many litres to 100 kms do you get to your car
Could you please let me know

Thanks
He has an entirely different engine...so maybe not the best person to ask...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #24
improvius
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 X28i

I'm only at about 1700 miles on mine, and the MPG is still slowly creeping up. This morning's commute (in normal mode as always) came in at almost 31 mpg, whereas the same drive in my MKV GTI w/DSG would get maybe 32 at best. So I'm reasonably happy with it so far. Cruising at 70 mph or below across level highway seems to get excellent economy. But any amount of acceleration will drag it down considerably. Taking off from a stop takes a big hit. Going up hills is pretty bad, too. So if your commute is hilly or has a lot of traffic stops, you're probably never going to see great numbers. But if you're driving along a highway in Oklahoma, you should get some impressive economy.

I mean, seriously, the car is nearly 3800 lbs. No amount of voodoo or magical gearing is going to make it accelerate efficiently.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #25
ca318i
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive 20d

Mixed driving on my 2011 X1 sDRIVE 20d Steptronic I'm getting 7.8l/100 km, highway 5.4l/100 km
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #26
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvius View Post
But any amount of acceleration will drag it down considerably. Taking off from a stop takes a big hit. Going up hills is pretty bad, too. So if your commute is hilly or has a lot of traffic stops, you're probably never going to see great numbers. But if you're driving along a highway in Oklahoma, you should get some impressive economy.

I mean, seriously, the car is nearly 3800 lbs. No amount of voodoo or magical gearing is going to make it accelerate efficiently.
For hilly terrain, the N55 35i is likely as good as the N20 28i, especially with a loaded car. It has to struggle less going uphill, and going downhill both of them are going to use a minimum of fuel.
The 28i is going to be more economical for city driving and flat cruising.
For long distance driving, I'd recommend a diesel, but BMW NA doesn't want to sell us diesels.

Up in the hills in Northern CT (they call them "mountains" here, but I have lived in BC), I get around 24 mpg average in a 35i during summer; mostly side roads, no flat roads, and rarely any highway driving. I don't think that is bad at all. It is a sporty BMW, so it would be unreasonable to expect Honda mpgs.
Appreciate 0