XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #23
jbc77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2013 X1 s28i

This is a well known problem on some BMWs and I had it on my wife's X3. The issue is caused by silicone and some waxes on the door flocking and mating door opening. Avoid getting your car waxed at an automatic car wash if you use one. Just get a plain wash and hand wax your car. If you have creaking, clean the door seal (mainly the flocking) and the door opening with 3M adhesive remover (available from an auto parts store) then coat the the surfaces with Carbaflo Sliding Lubricant KSP 105, available from the parts counter at your BMW dealership (P/N 83 23 0 309 627). It's expensive, but worth it. I haven't had a reoccurrence in over a year following this procedure. I've read that Gummipfledge contains silicone and BMW doesn't carry it or recommend it any more.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #24
Biggest BMW Fan
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20d

I am now taking the dealership I bought the car from to our Automotive Industry Ombudsman and National Consumer Commission as I'm getting nowhere with them. I've given them four opportunities to rectify the problem with no luck.
Appreciate 0