XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
ss2010
Rep
Drives: x1

Unhappy delayed X1

ok i have been waiting almost 9 weeks for my X1. Finally it has come into the country (or so they say !). I am still not sure if i can get it before christmas..my question is are these dealers of BMW liable for any sort of penalty for delayed delivery . Because of delayed delivery i am losing money since i have not been able to sell my other car and now i have to extend its registration & insurance before i sell it. I had a long trip planned & if i dont get my X1 i have to use my old car and put K's on it which means i will be lowering its sale value even further

Do the dealers give replacement cars till such time that the new car is ready ?

I want to sue the dealer for loss of money but obvioulsy not sure if it would work !

Any advise ?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
alexmcred
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 318d GT M Sport

Speak to your dealer and express your concerns and see what they say to you depending on their responce I would take it from there
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

They usually have loaners to give to customers when needed. My dealer is usually gives its loaner cars to customer that has to wait for spare parts more than 2 weeks. Once I was so angry about an unsolved issue they gave me the car for a day. They'll probably arrange something for you if you yell at them a little bit
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 04:11 AM   #4
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Difficult to answer your question not knowing which country you write from. Mind you even if I knew I wouldn't know your Business Practices Code anyway !

Okay seriously now... As mentioned up here, it boils down to good customer service. If a brand new car is not in by the delivery date written on the order form, the least a dealer can do (especially a BMW dealer) is provide you with a courtesy car until yours is ready. Speak to him.
BMW is judged on the cars they make, dealers on the service they provide especially when there is a glitch.

Happened to my wife in 2008 on her first Mini Clubman, delivered 2 weeks behind due date. Never had to ask, the sales rep at BMW informed her she'd get a demo Clubman until hers got delivered. I'd say that's service.
      12-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

After 5 months of wait, and since it was scheduled to only take 3 months, I hired lawyers and am sueing the sellers. Because they didn't even yet returned my 20% prepayment. Notorious KM Grupa from Rijeka / Croatia.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
aris
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive 23d

Garage List
wish you good luck..and don't give up
about the dealers they need a good leason...
      12-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris View Post
wish you good luck..and don't give up
about the dealers they need a good leason...
Love the smilies Thanks for that, had a good laugh
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 03:05 AM   #8
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kres7787 View Post
After 5 months of wait, and since it was scheduled to only take 3 months, I hired lawyers and am sueing the sellers. Because they didn't even yet returned my 20% prepayment. Notorious KM Grupa from Rijeka / Croatia.
If this KM grupa is an official BMW dealership, in my opinion this should be brought to BMW's attention in Munich.
I doubt BMW would let such a representative off the hook, as they fully understand that anybody can build and sell cars, it's the service around selling that car that makes a difference.
      12-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
ss2010
Rep

Finally got my X1 today !! My Christmas present ! pics coming soon...

One question ...my dealer had told me that aluminium roof rail is part of x-line package ! and yet my s2.0d doesnt have aluminium roof rails inspite of having x-line package. Sales guy said aluminium rails do not come under the 2.3 model .is that true ? Any of u guys out there with s 2.0d have aluminium roof rail ?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2010 View Post

One question ...my dealer had told me that aluminium roof rail is part of x-line package ! and yet my s2.0d doesnt have aluminium roof rails inspite of having x-line package. Sales guy said aluminium rails do not come under the 2.3 model .is that true ? Any of u guys out there with s 2.0d have aluminium roof rail ?
I think he is talking rubbish The 2.3d certainly can be had with aluminium rails. I have alu rails as part of my XDrive package on a 2.0d though and thought all 4x4 versions come with them as standard, which they do in the UK. If this is not true for Oz then at the very least I cannot believe your salesmen did not advise you accordingly. I would say that you need to take this up with the Dealer Principal or BMW Australia directly.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #11
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Yes I do.
It is my understanding that sunroof and chromed roof rails are part of the Xline option, although chromed rails are also available as an option of their own.

Where are you located ? (I don't know where "Oz" is ... )
What does your country's X1 brochure and option/package list say ?
      12-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #12
ss2010
Rep

i just checked bmw.com.au website and in their build ur own X1 i could choose the aluminium roof rail although it doesnt seem to be part of the Xline package...BUT i wanted it and the sales guys has said in the email ( i have proof ) that it is included in Xline package ..now he doesnt deliver it ......what can i do ?

I have sent him an email but i guess wont guess an answer till new year. Dont know whether they can install here or it has to be only 'factory installed' . If they cant install it here i think i am entitled to compensation for misleading information.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #13
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Dunno what consumer protections laws are in "Oz" , but if the vehicle delivered is not in compliance with your order, refuse it or bring it back.

Contact BMW Australia Customer Service right away and let them know.

Roof rails can be changed, as a member here did it on his Marrakesh Brown X1 which he got retrofitted with an X-Line package after buying it.
      12-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #14
ss2010
Rep

In that case i am going to try and get them installed ..its the sales guys fault that he doesnt know his stuff ..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #15
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
In that case i am going to try and get them installed ..its the sales guys fault that he doesnt know his stuff ..
I agree that he misinformed you. Get the Alu rails fitted at their cost. By the sound of things he does not know the product he is selling and should be taken to task for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #16
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
I agree that he misinformed you. Get the Alu rails fitted at their cost. By the sound of things he does not know the product he is selling and should be taken to task for it.
Indeed, competence seems to become a rare commodity...
      12-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #17
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:

Found it for ya....

http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466218

Awaiting