XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

10-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63

If you want the paddles you should ask for them dude - they are BS'ng you to your face. They can make it happen.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Any resolution?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #25
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

My order says "7XA M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters" listed at NC (no cost), so it seems it has not been removed, and is an option if you get the dealer to change it.

Another item on the M Sports menu that changed automatically and had to be corrected by the dealer was the interior trim, which had to be changed manually from wood to "4MP Dark Crosshatch Aluminum Trim". Most buyers probably go for wood, so this is less likely to be noticed than the missing paddles.

I'm not sure whether BMW or your dealer really have to correct or compensate this after delivery, given that buyers likely have to verify and look over the order before accepting it, and can get the dealer to correct it. But it would be a sign of good will.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #26
marian2323
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 sdrive

I ordered my X1 on September 12th. My salesperson told me the paddle shifters were not an option on the X1. I thought I had read differently but assumed he was correct and ordered my car. One week later, I read the paddle shifters are available and had to be ordered as a separate N/C line item. I contacted my salesperson and told him of the issue. He immediately got back to me and told me my car would have to be ordered again. The original order was too far along in production already (after 1 week!). So I did get a new VIN number. But it took a couple of weeks to get the car in production the 2nd time.

I did not think I would use the paddle shifters and considered just keeping the original car as ordered. I wanted the M sport version for the seats and firm suspension. I did what most girls do, I called my dad. He said I should get the shifters because:

1) It was a no charge adder, included in the M sport package (I have a print out from BMW showing the "7XA M sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters under the sport package for a "$0" price adder.)
2) There was no reason I couldn't wait an extra few weeks
3) All M version BMWs with automatic transmissions should have the paddle shifters
4) There is a possibility that if I sell the car, it could be worth more with the shifters

Now my car is on a cruise through the Panama Canal. I do not know exactly where it is but it is due here in a few weeks (San Francisco).

The Paddle Shifter-gate was relatively minor for me. But I was disappointed that there seemed to be confusing information on this subject. I told my salesperson I was disappointed the BMW salespeople were not better informed. THEY should be out on the forums reading all this stuff to help us instead of playing video games or whatever they do when not busy at their desk!!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #27
djminkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Yeah the salespeoeple unforutnately dont follow things as closely as we do. I was argueing with mine that the six cylinder game with a 6speed and he kept telling me it had the 8speed electronic. I also had to have him change my order to include the paddles and tell him the code that needed to be entered.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #28
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by djminkin View Post
Yeah the salespeoeple unforutnately dont follow things as closely as we do. I was argueing with mine that the six cylinder game with a 6speed and he kept telling me it had the 8speed electronic.
Part of that could be because of the www.bmwusa.com conflashuration tool, which incorrectly shows the interior of the 35i with the 8-speed steptronic shifter.

It also shows the colors quite a bit off. I wish they hadn't used Flash to display images, but something which supports colour profiles.
Appreciate 0