Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

09-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Adgl
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive 18D SE

Cool Came Close

Hi

I've been reading this forum for the past few weeks whilst waiting delivery of my car and have found it to be a great source of information.

Today was supposed to be the big day when I collected my Space Grey car with black leather, comfort pack, Bluetooth and, here's the problem, the accessory dealer fit sat nav pro.

The dealer quoted £490 to supply and fit the sat nav which I thought was verging on the extortionate but I thought, what the hell, no trailing cables and a level of integration might just be worth it. Turns out this was the bargain of a lifetime as it took two people a total of 14 hours to do the work at an hourly labour rate probably in three figures. To be fair, this was the first time they've done it and if the Service Manager gets his way, probably the last. Bad enough you might think, but the coding equipment went down half way through the process leaving the car not only sat navless but immobile. They tried in vain to get it back up so I was sent packing in a 3 Series M Sport Coupe and told they'd phone me when the problem was solved. It beats the sh*t out of my old Qashqai but it's still an anticlimax. I suppose I've still got something to look forward to though.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
danintas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 30d Xline

How disappointing ... but well worth the the wait!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

I have the portable nav pro - took my dealer sub 1hr they told me... sounds like a bit of a cock up! When you do get the car please let me know if your TMC works as mine doesnt currently and BMW seem to be at a loss as to why.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Adgl
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive 18D SE

Finally got my car today and well worth the wait. Quick, quiet and comfortable and it looks spot on in Space Grey.

TMC works as it should, Redbaron. I read somewhere that there's a separate fm antenna that needs to be connected and lead to somewhere where it gets good reception. Maybe there's a problem with this on yours?
Appreciate 0