Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

09-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Kool-Kat
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

How do you drive your X1?

Hey everyone! Soon to be a new bimmer dude, I've been looking to get a new car for quite some time, and after a test drive of the X1, I decide to make that my vehicle of choice, I've looked at Ml350, RR Evoque, q5, Ford Edge, Mini's...everything even the X3, they were either too much, had poor driving performance (slow), not my appeal, or...they sucked.
I like the x1 because it has everything I was looking for! (speed, performance, safety, technology, fuel efficient, at least some off roading capabilities, and looks

Order specs:
X1 Sport Line
Xdrive 35i
Mineral grey
Coral Red
Ulitimate package
Cold Weather
Sat radio
HarmonKardon
Apps
Paddle shifters

Can't wait for delivery!

But the main thing i'd like to know is...How do you drive your X1? Aggressive, conservative? You venture off road? Cruising with the stereo blazing, btw...I'd like to know how the HK system sounds for those who have it?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool-Kat
Hey everyone! Soon to be a new bimmer dude, I've been looking to get a new car for quite some time, and after a test drive of the X1, I decide to make that my vehicle of choice, I've looked at Ml350, RR Evoque, q5, Ford Edge, Mini's...everything even the X3, they were either too much, had poor driving performance (slow), not my appeal, or...they sucked.
I like the x1 because it has everything I was looking for! (speed, performance, safety, technology, fuel efficient, at least some off roading capabilities, and looks

Order specs:
X1 Sport Line
Xdrive 35i
Mineral grey
Coral Red
Ulitimate package
Cold Weather
Sat radio
HarmonKardon
Apps
Paddle shifters

Can't wait for delivery!

But the main thing i'd like to know is...How do you drive your X1? Aggressive, conservative? You venture off road? Cruising with the stereo blazing, btw...I'd like to know how the HK system sounds for those who have it?
She will be a beauty. For some reason, I don't know why, my wife's 2013 x1 is fun to drive...more so than a 3 series. The x1 has a nice, natural feel. She has the 2.8, but it's not underpowered. Plus, the x1 is so astonishingly beautiful. It is so well proportioned, kind of like a beautiful woman with long legs and a slender body.

Amazingly, the x1 makes the x3 seem bloated. The x1 is an absolute pleasure to view from any angle.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
aznpxdd
Private
China
Rep
Drives: 2009 Audi A4 2.0T, 2012 BMW X1

I usually keep it in regular D if there's traffic. But when the road is clear or if I'm on the freeway, always keep it in DS to see that RPM go up! Yes I know its only a turbo 4...but I still like the sound haha.
      09-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

You will absolutely love the 35i. I've put 1300 miles on mine in the first week I've owned it. I already have a JB4 tune on it and run a 20% e85 80% 93 octane mix and the acceleration is just stupid fast for a suv.

I outright crushed a Camaro SS today from a stop and the look on the guy's face was just priceless. I was just coasting up to the stoplight and I noticed him weaving in and out of traffic like an idiot to get to the lane next to me (4 lane stop). He was obviously planning on flooring it and then cutting across all 4 lanes to get on the highway entrance ramp on the far left. The dude is sitting there power braking waiting for the light to turn green...as soon as it did I floored it and 15 PSI of boost later he's 2 car lengths back by the entrance ramp.

LOVE this car.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
The dude is sitting there power braking waiting for the light to turn green...as soon as it did I floored it and 15 PSI of boost later he's 2 car lengths back by the entrance ramp.

LOVE this car.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013

f a s t !!
      09-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Naambezet
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpxdd View Post
I usually keep it in regular D if there's traffic. But when the road is clear or if I'm on the freeway, always keep it in DS to see that RPM go up! Yes I know its only a turbo 4...but I still like the sound haha.
I use manual when I come to corners, but the sound is pretty nice from the exhaust. It even generates a low POOF sound when it upshifts
But I drive it mostly fast, oversteering out of corners when it's wet and possible. But when my mom's in the car I drive it like a 60 year old.

Last edited by Naambezet; 09-11-2012 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Kool-Kat
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
You will absolutely love the 35i. I've put 1300 miles on mine in the first week I've owned it. I already have a JB4 tune on it and run a 20% e85 80% 93 octane mix and the acceleration is just stupid fast for a suv.

I outright crushed a Camaro SS today from a stop and the look on the guy's face was just priceless. I was just coasting up to the stoplight and I noticed him weaving in and out of traffic like an idiot to get to the lane next to me (4 lane stop). He was obviously planning on flooring it and then cutting across all 4 lanes to get on the highway entrance ramp on the far left. The dude is sitting there power braking waiting for the light to turn green...as soon as it did I floored it and 15 PSI of boost later he's 2 car lengths back by the entrance ramp.

LOVE this car.

Thats what I'm really looking forward to, just demolishing these unexpecting sport cars...reaction: WTF??? Is my goal
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
MoxNix
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i MSport

I put the first 250 miles on mine today, and I am very impressed.

The car is stable above 130 m.p.h. to the limiter. 100 m.p.h. feels rock steady.

I love the kick down above 100 and the torque of the turbo.

Kool-Kat the 35i is not available in Europe and I surprised some drivers blowing by them in an X1.

Time to de-badge for even more stealth.
2006 HP2 Enduro
Appreciate 0