XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

01-04-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
beeker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 2005 3-series

BMW Universal DVD Players - Replacement #3

Well I'm just waiting for the 3rd set of DVD players to come in. The first set the software appeared to have corrupted and wouldn't do anything apart from display a few lines.

The 2nd set, the motor had gone and wouldn't spin the disk.

What baffles me is how the car has to go into the dealership because it's classed as a warranty call. The 3rd set is due in on Wednesday and the car has to go in again for them to install it. Even though there is nothing wrong with the connections on the headrests that it slides into.

My advice to anyone considering these is don't bother. Get them from Tesco, Curry's, Comet, etc. If they go wrong from there at least you don't have to lose your car for the day!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
Well I'm just waiting for the 3rd set of DVD players to come in. The first set the software appeared to have corrupted and wouldn't do anything apart from display a few lines.

The 2nd set, the motor had gone and wouldn't spin the disk.

What baffles me is how the car has to go into the dealership because it's classed as a warranty call. The 3rd set is due in on Wednesday and the car has to go in again for them to install it. Even though there is nothing wrong with the connections on the headrests that it slides into.

My advice to anyone considering these is don't bother. Get them from Tesco, Curry's, Comet, etc. If they go wrong from there at least you don't have to lose your car for the day!
I agree, I bought a twin set made by a company called Nextbase a few years ago and they are fantastic. They are also portable so you can run them off a battery (supplied) in a hotel room, plane etc. They have been dropped, stood on, spilled on and they still work. Best thing of all they cost £160 for a pair.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0