XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

06-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #1
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

My BMW X1 Professional iDrive doesn't play DVD

Since I have Professional navigation system, I thought of trying playing DVD as I have CD/DVD option. I entered 2 DVDs and both came up as unsupported format. Tried transferring mp4 videos from USB stick through the USB slot in the glove box but it didn't recognise it. I was only able to transfer a .wav file but after transferring there was no where I could locate it , so I kinda felt like it is only trying to read sound files and nothing else.. So, is it me doing sth wrong or it is how it is? Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
dmark1021
Rep
Drives: X1

I am not sure if you need certain package for playing DVD. But there are people even selling the unlock disc for playing DVD when driving. So I am sure X1 is able to play DVDs.

My X1 has the ultimate package, but I've never tried playing a DVD so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

ok silly me.. didn't realise that the CDs I was trying were all blu-rays DVD plays fine but that made iDrive look soo dated.. Centre console USB can only read audio files even if there's only video files in it.. glove box USB also can only read audio files to transfer them to iDrive's hard drive. So, it seems videos can only be played through CD/DVD rom and that's also only DVD. I know it's my fault to not have researched it in depth but I thought professional nav system was to my expectation compared to business as I payed $1200 extra for it . So there has been lot of disappointments since I got my new X1
- My dealer got me automatic instead of manual I ordered after 3mths & 20 days wait. It was a big one but got a good price so trying to have fun with the automatics . I didn't have much choice either as they said x1 don't come with manual gearbox anymore
- Then realised BMW x1 Australia don't incorporate mobile network to use BMW remote services like My BMW Remote. I don't know if its HTC One (M8) or it doesn't work either but I can't get BMW Connected app to work either
- iDrive feels too old. Internet - wow I was sitting there waiting to load bimmerpost.com fully but never happened.
Appreciate 0