DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I'm innocent.

My wife to whom I was showing the M-package is an artist, she noticed it right away...
Poor Mario. If you have a wife that is that observant, life must be a living hell!
      01-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #46
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUH CAR View Post
Poor Mario. If you have a wife that is that observant, life must be a living hell!
Not my wife, Gatekeepers wife is the artist. Mine is in the Financial Sector so keeps a tabs on our money. Not sure which one is worse
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #47
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Not my wife, Gatekeepers wife is the artist. Mine is in the Financial Sector so keeps a tabs on our money. Not sure which one is worse
Okay, my apologies and condolences to both of youse! Mine works in market research in the food area.
      01-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #48
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Mine lets me borrow her X1...
      01-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #49
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Mine lets me borrow her X1...
Mine lets me buy her X1.
      01-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #50
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUH CAR View Post
Mine lets me buy her X1.
Mine bought the X1 for me
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #51
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Mario Da Man !
      01-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #52
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Mine bought the X1 for me
Yep, gotta hand it to Mario.

Where have we gone wrong?
      01-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #53
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

lol...
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #54
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

The UK configurator has the X1 M-Sport. It just doesn't do it for me somehow, and seems the least convincing M-Sport model yet.

In fact it comes across as a backyard special - I'm sure it's dead simple to spray the plastic bits on the sides and front/rear.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #55
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
The UK configurator has the X1 M-Sport. It just doesn't do it for me somehow, and seems the least convincing M-Sport model yet.

In fact it comes across as a backyard special - I'm sure it's dead simple to spray the plastic bits on the sides and front/rear.
Yep, I agree. I have played with that configurator and just cannot seem to like what I see. It's all cosmetic and reduces the cars functionality. At Ģ2000 I would rather spend that on other extras like full sport seats, sound system, sunroof etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 02:24 AM   #56
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
Yep, I agree. I have played with that configurator and just cannot seem to like what I see. It's all cosmetic and reduces the cars functionality. At Ģ2000 I would rather spend that on other extras like full sport seats, sound system, sunroof etc.
Or a weekend in Milan to properly thank your benefactor ?
      01-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #57
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Or a weekend in Milan to properly thank your benefactor ?
Or another 5% towards my Cayman
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #58
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

She might want a Cajun before you get a Cayman ...
      01-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #59
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
She might want a Cajun before you get a Cayman ...
Not sure if we can wait that long and its a replacement for the mini. We have the X1 now for the winter so she says she wants a "menoporsche" I am not arguing
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 05:39 AM   #60
Fliegenfranz
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 x20dA

Did anybody see the new gearshift?
I want to touch it...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #61
tompak23d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Seems to be the new type of electric gearshift. One of my friends has it in his 525d, I really donīt like it...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #62
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
Seems to be the new type of electric gearshift. One of my friends has it in his 525d, I really donīt like it...
Been wondering about that, seen one in a new X3. I take it then that there is no physical link with the gearbox. Its a type of "drive-by-wire" system?

Anyone have any info on this?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #63
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Ok I like the look, its a shame that the power of the engine was not increased to a similar level to that achieved by A C Scnitzer.

I now have a problem:

1 - Do I trade in my current X1 23d that has spec that cost just shy of Ģ40k for a new M Sport version? It has only 6000 miles on the clock and is 'box fresh'
2 - Do I ask BMW to upgrade my cars body work to M Sport Specification under their individual department, and then have ACS tune the engine and badge the vehical?
3 - Do I wait and see what the other proposed variants of the X1 will look like?
4 - Do I upgrade to a X3 M Sport?
5 - Do I wait for the new Porsche Cajun?...I do like Posche build quality, and miss my Boxster.
6 - Do I keep my car as it is and buy a second sports car for the summer for the amount that it will cost to change?

I know what my accountant will say but my heart is torn between a new car or perhaps the upgrade to M Sport body spec. The OEM parts are available. My current car has sports suspension, 18" blade alloys, Xenons, black roof lining, sunroof, de badged etc....the list goes on. It's still under a year old and with the service pack has predictable running costs. Oh and its a private rather than company car, so the decision is mine.

What would you do?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #64
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberry View Post
Ok I like the look, its a shame that the power of the engine was not increased to a similar level to that achieved by A C Scnitzer.

I now have a problem:

1 - Do I trade in my current X1 23d that has spec that cost just shy of Ģ40k for a new M Sport version? It has only 6000 miles on the clock and is 'box fresh'
2 - Do I ask BMW to upgrade my cars body work to M Sport Specification under their individual department, and then have ACS tune the engine and badge the vehical?
3 - Do I wait and see what the other proposed variants of the X1 will look like?
4 - Do I upgrade to a X3 M Sport?
5 - Do I wait for the new Porsche Cajun?...I do like Posche build quality, and miss my Boxster.
6 - Do I keep my car as it is and buy a second sports car for the summer for the amount that it will cost to change?

I know what my accountant will say but my heart is torn between a new car or perhaps the upgrade to M Sport body spec. The OEM parts are available. My current car has sports suspension, 18" blade alloys, Xenons, black roof lining, sunroof, de badged etc....the list goes on. It's still under a year old and with the service pack has predictable running costs. Oh and its a private rather than company car, so the decision is mine.

What would you do?
What I would do (and probably will)

Wanted the new Porsche Cajun although this will most likely only be released late 2012. But I love my X1 so am now keeping it long term and looking at the Cayman.

Then after 3 years hope they have the X1M out
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #65
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
What I would do (and probably will)

Wanted the new Porsche Cajun although this will most likely only be released late 2012. But I love my X1 so am now keeping it long term and looking at the Cayman.

Then after 3 years hope they have the X1M out
Both the 987 Boxster and Cayman are great cars, with the X1 coming close! With the Boxster I found that 'sleeping policemen' were a problem, and lack of internal room for coats etc in the winter (similar in the Cayman due to the parcel shelf), coupled with pot holed roads started to make owning the Porsche less fun. The Cayenne was to large so it was off to BMW.

I also feel a little let down by the quality of some of the interior fittings on the X1 e.g door handles, and the problem with the windscreen noise at speed (now solved....with tape! compliments of BMW), and find myself asking if the X1 MSport will be similar.

Then there was the issue of owning several vehicals but only driving one (great in theory but practical...nope) so the quest was on to find the best all round solution. I'm nearly there but still need to cost/decide which scenario is best for me. I'm leaning towards a BMW upgrade of body work to M Sport specification (depending on cost) and ACS tune and badging.......should make the car quite special I think. That Cajun keps rearing its head...........
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #66
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberry View Post
Both the 987 Boxster and Cayman are great cars, with the X1 coming close! With the Boxster I found that 'sleeping policemen' were a problem, and lack of internal room for coats etc in the winter (similar in the Cayman due to the parcel shelf), coupled with pot holed roads started to make owning the Porsche less fun. The Cayenne was to large so it was off to BMW.

I also feel a little let down by the quality of some of the interior fittings on the X1 e.g door handles, and the problem with the windscreen noise at speed (now solved....with tape! compliments of BMW), and find myself asking if the X1 MSport will be similar.

Then there was the issue of owning several vehicals but only driving one (great in theory but practical...nope) so the quest was on to find the best all round solution. I'm nearly there but still need to cost/decide which scenario is best for me. I'm leaning towards a BMW upgrade of body work to M Sport specification (depending on cost) and ACS tune and badging.......should make the car quite special I think. That Cajun keps rearing its head...........
Its early days yet but the Cajun also sounds like a good all rounder to me

I have a similar problem as I don't need two cars but I want one thats ideal for the city (hence the mini) and one thats a load lugger/holiday car/4x4 etc, hence the X1.

4x4 is important to me here as I go up into the highland a lot for skiing etc.

Don't like Audi (never have), Merc's too big and cumbersome, Cayenne's OK except for size and running costs, X3/X5 OK but a bit too common so I went for the X1. Thing is I have now fell in love with it
Appreciate 0