XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-30-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
woodman411
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 sdrive28i

halogen headlight questions

2014 bmw x1 sdrive28i, regular halogen headlights, a few questions if I may:

- I noticed there are 4 bulbs in the housing, and it's the small one hanging inside the high-beam ring, and it turns on during regular beam use. Is there a way to turn this off (to be clear, this is not the same as DRL, which I already turned off)? Also, is there a way to replace this bulb without taking off the entire headlight housing? Can anyone recommend a specific bulb that is less yellow, preferably 5-7K?

- I'm also noticing the headlight housing itself is hazing from the inside. Not sure how this happened, took a close look multiple times to make sure it's not happening on the outside surface. Is anyone else experiencing this, and is there anything I can do about it?

- Depending on the answer to the above question, if my only option is to replace the headlight housing, how exactly can I do this? Would I need to remove the bumper, something I'm reluctant to do? And can anyone recommend a place to get replacement headlight housing, oem or a high-quality generic?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
Njerts
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: x3 m40i

Garage List
That little bulb is a pain to get to, you will be scarred.
You can disable that bulb by turning off voltage monitor for "angel eyes " with BMWhat/Carley and then remove the bulb.
You can replace it with a LED equivalent, but you will still have to disable voltage monitor as above.

As for getting the headlight out, you will have to remove the bumper, and if you have to go through all that trouble you might look into after market replacement lights.

Since your car is 2014, BMW should fix you light??

Last edited by Njerts; 12-01-2016 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0