XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Paulbly
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d ED

Confused about X1 issues

Hi, first time on a forum so bear with me please. I feel the need to get some advice from members of xbimmers as I am about to sign on the dotted line to order a New X1 2.0d ED and am very concerned over some comments regarding quality issues I have spotted on this site.
I had a X18d for a few hours last weekend and it had the clutch judder but thought it was just me as I am used to an auto. Apart from the steering being a bit heavy at low speeds I loved it. I have spec'd the X1 up to nearly £30k and really want a bit of advice before commiting to buy.

My other option was to go for a 1 series 120d Msport which comes out at a similar value. Strange I know but personaly I think the X1 looks like a 1 series on steroids.

Hope someone can give me a bit of guidance

Thanks Paul
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

Paul Hi,

I pick up mine in Jan and I love it, people will moan about things if they go wrong and that's fair enough when you spend that sort of money . But apart from my water bottle freezing is been a joy. No issues about drive or build quality. I think you will find at lot more happy owners that ones with complaints..
In the end if you have issues take it to dealer for the next 3 years and they have to fix it, thats the contract you sign with BMW before you pay them

All the best and enjoy..

BB
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
Paulbly
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0d ED

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am sure you are right, I am going back to the dealer today to have a look at the colours although its better looking at the BMW Used website. I think I just want to go and look at the x1 again. How sad am I.

Looking forward to getting back in a BMW soon.

Thanks again

paul
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

Paul I so love the Space Grey, have not washed it yet since new and still looks clean, she my 'She's here' thread, happy to give any advice based on my recent purchase. I still love it, just took the neighbour out in it, he has placed an order too..

BB
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
alexmcred
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 318d GT M Sport

Hi Paul I actually went from an x1 18d sdrive to a 1 series 118d and must say don't regret one second of it.

I got rid of the x1 due to constant problems with one thing or another and to be honest I didn't want to have the car on my hands without the manufacturers warranty

For me the 1 series is a much nicer place to be than the x1, I also think it drives much better. Good luck with what ever you decide.
Appreciate 0