11-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #23
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 -Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1051 View Post
I love your carbaby! That is the exact combination that I want. I haven't been able to find it on a lot, so I think I'm going to have to order it.

Question: what is the 6.5% discount that you mention? Where can I find out more about? Thanks, and my apologies for the slight thread jack.

Good early morning to you... picked up my handsome "carbaby" (that's his nickname coz i'm a dork) anyhow, and yeah.. first time i laid my eyes on him .. it was .... heheheh.....

regarding the 6.5%... it's from shopping around and hustling (if you wanna call it)... went to 4 dealership and tried to see which one can give us a better discount.... then went to each and every dealer and gave them whatever percent we got from the other one and see if they can either match it or go lower... we started out from 3% and down to 6.5% (total)... hehehe... we did that for about a month (Sept.) and ordered the car (Oct.).... it's not that i can't afford... but if i can get a better deal then why not... did the same thing with the bank.. and got a 2.9% interest on the finance.. so.. it does pay to do research and see what options....

get yours in soon.. you will LOVE it!... i drove my baby home and it was all SMILES... in a middle of traffic... just grateful that is all

Happy Thanksgiving... i'll post more pics

P.s ... the seat looks funny.. coz i'm short... 4'11 and was playing around with the settings hehe
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #24
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

Many congrats. He's beautiful!

I definitely plan to do the same as you about the shopping around before I order. I only have 2 dealers here (about 75 miles apart from each other) to do so with but I figure it can't hurt. 6.5% is a pretty sweet discount if you ask me and worth hustling for.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
FL1051
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i Sport Line

Thanks for that info, and again congrats!

RocGuy, I totally agree with you; 6.5% is definitely worth the hustle. I'm going to start my hustle tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #26
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

The mineral and Xline wheels do look really nice, but I'm still saying sport over X-line for the seats and apparently free paddle shifters. Not that $120 is breaking anyone but hey any throw in is a good throw in.
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #27
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Yey for us trying to Hustle.. hehehe... why not right? i mean, it's not like BMW will go broke if we save a couple of thousands Btw, not that i'm bragging but i thought i'd share some pics i took last night.... literally slept inside the car... (i'm a dork..) and 4'11 so it was comfy (well for maybe 2 hours.. hubby went to get me, said i might drool on it and ruin the leather.. LOL)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocGuy View Post
Many congrats. He's beautiful!

I definitely plan to do the same as you about the shopping around before I order. I only have 2 dealers here (about 75 miles apart from each other) to do so with but I figure it can't hurt. 6.5% is a pretty sweet discount if you ask me and worth hustling for.
Thank you... i'm excited for you... go order ..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1051 View Post
Thanks for that info, and again congrats!

RocGuy, I totally agree with you; 6.5% is definitely worth the hustle. I'm going to start my hustle tomorrow!

No problem... good luck and Thank you too!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #30
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
The mineral and Xline wheels do look really nice, but I'm still saying sport over X-line for the seats and apparently free paddle shifters. Not that $120 is breaking anyone but hey any throw in is a good throw in.

i sat on the sport seat it and i do agree.. it's pretty sweet.... however, i love the look of the X1 especially the color of the grills. i like the little detail that it has.. (i'm a girl so.. yeah.. ) and i thought the Y spoke looks different than the rest.. i can't wait to put a tint on it.. Thanks again for liking ...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post

The paddle shifter is pretty neat.. but i like the old classic feel of a stick shift kind.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #32
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syle View Post
The paddle shifter is pretty neat.. but i like the old classic feel of a stick shift kind.
Agreed and a shame BMW didn't give us the MT option, real shame.
Paddles conspicuously absent on your car. For 120 even if you don't use them much its worth the novelty IMO.
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car

Last edited by Monterra; 11-23-2012 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0