Views: 68517
Size:  27.8 KBName:  P90093302.jpg
Views: 29119
Size:  26.1 KBName:  P90093295.jpg
Views: 31342
Size:  30.2 KB

VITAL STATS

General:
  • 3 models: sDrive28i (RWD), xDrive28i (AWD), and xDrive35i (AWD)
  • 2013 model year pricing: sDrive28i ($31,545), X1 xDrive28i ($33,245), xDrive35i ($39,345). All prices include $895 Destination and Handling
  • All models feature Brake Energy Regeneration
  • Auto Start/Stop and ECO PRO mode for sDrive28i and xDrive28i
  • xLine, Sport Line, and M Sport Package available for all models (each are offered as an alternative to the entry-level version)
  • LED taillights on all models
  • 40:20:40 seatback split
  • Maximum loading capacity of 47.7 cu. ft. (1350 liters) with seats full folded

Performance:

sDrive28i / xDrive28i
  • 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder engine (N20), with direct injection, double-vanos, valvetronic
  • 240hp @ 5000 rpm
  • 260lb-ft torque @ 1250 rpm - 4800 rpm
  • 8 speed steptronic automatic transmission
  • 0-60 in 6.2s (sDrive28i) and 6.3s (xDrive28i)
  • 24 mpg city / 33 mpg highway / 27 mpg combined (sDrive28i) *preliminary EPA estimates*
  • 22 mpg city / 30 mpg highway / 25 mpg combined (xDrive28i) *preliminary EPA estimates*
  • Performance Control available on xDrive28i as part of available M Sport Package (read more in press release below)
xDrive35i
  • 3.0L TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine (N55), with direct injection, double-vanos, valvetronic
  • 300hp @ 5800 rpm
  • 300lb-ft torque @ 1200 rpm - 5000 rpm
  • 6 speed steptronic automatic transmission
  • 0-60 in 5.3 seconds
  • 18 mpg city / 27 mpg highway / 21 mpg combined (*preliminary EPA estimates)
  • Performance Control as part of available M Sport Package (read more in press release below)

Lines and Package:

2013 M Sport Package:
  • Available for all 3 models
  • Sport Suspension
  • 18" M double spoke wheels with mixed sized performance tires
  • 19" wheels optional upgrade
  • Sport seats
  • M Sport steering wheel
  • Dark Aluminum
  • Light Fineline Wood trim
  • Anthracite headliner
  • M Aero kit, Shadowline trim, high-gloss roof rails
  • Performance Control for xDrive28i and xDrive35i models

2013 xLine:
  • Undertray elements for the front and rear fascias, side skirt covers, air intake and kidney grille slats in Titanium Silver matt finish, as well as exclusive 18-inch alloys in Y-spoke design
  • Entry strips bearing the lettering “BMW xLine”, a leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel, as well as exclusive interior trim strips in Dark Copper high-gloss and floor mats with color-matched piping
  • Optional Nevada leather upholstery is available, with the exclusive color shades Terra and Oyster which are also used on the door trim panels and the lower section of the dashboard
  • The head rests feature a distinctive embossed “X”. As an additional option, interior trim in Fineline Bay matt fine wood finish is available exclusively in combination with the BMW xLine
  • Offered as an alternative to the entry-level version

2013 Sport Line:
  • Front and rear undertray, side skirt covers, air intakes and kidney grille slats in Black high-gloss, tailpipe finishers in Black Chrome, exclusive 18-inch double-spoke light alloys, and entry strips with “BMW Sport” lettering
  • Sport seats with coral red accents, a sports leather steering wheel and gear selector lever with red stitching, interior trim in Black high-gloss finish and floor mats with red piping
  • The leather sports seats are available in a choice of two colors, while interior trim strips in aluminum with accent line are an optional exclusive to the BMW Sport Line
  • Both BMW Lines are offered as an alternative to the entry-level version

PRESS RELEASE + Expand

BMW X1: The U.S. Gets its First Sub-Compact Premium SAV. The Globally Successful BMW X1 comes to the US in the Fall 2012.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – May 2, 2012... Having demonstrated that it is the perfect blend of sports sedan-like driving dynamics and SUV utility in markets around the world, the BMW X1 is setting out to conquer the US. The talented Sport Activity Vehicle of the premium sub- compact segment will make its US market debut armed with state-of-the-art powertrain technology, innovative features, selective design modifications and extensive interior refinements. The new 2013 BMW X1 will arrive in authorized BMW Centers in the fall of 2012 starting at an MSRP of $31,545 (including $895 Destination and Handling).

The X1 has proven to be highly successful, with sales having already exceeded 275,000. As has been the case with other models before it, the BMW X1 finds itself in a competitive market segment that it virtually spawned. Unlike other BMW SAVs, X1s destined for the US will be built in BMW’s Leipzig, Germany plant. The popularity of the X1 around the globe has proven so great that X1s for the Chinese market will now be built in a newly opened plant at Tiexi in Shenyang Province.

The arrival of the BMW X1 to the US coincides with an update that includes exterior and interior refinements as well as a host of BMW EfficientDynamics technologies. All models feature Brake Energy Regeneration while the X1 sDrive28i and xDrive28i models also benefit from Auto Start/Stop and ECO PRO mode to further reduce fuel consumption.

Another element of the update is the availability of BMW Lines for the first time in an SAV, as an alternative to the base trim level. Both the BMW xLine and BMW Sport Line offer exclusive design and equipment features. The xLine emphasizes the robust versatility of the new BMW X1 while the Sport Line accentuates its performance and handling. For enthusiasts who want to accentuate the sporting character of their X1 even further, an M Sport Package is also available.

Design: New touches highlight its elegance, versatility and sportiness.
Typical BMW proportions, vibrant surfaces and signature BMW X model design cues shape the appearance of the X1. A sweeping hood, long wheelbase and set-back passenger compartment emphasize its dynamic talent, while attractive light and shade effects hint at its inherent agility. The versatility and ruggedness of a BMW X model are reflected in elements such as the black bordering at the lower edge of the body and the muscular wheel arches.

Above all, the new BMW X1 conveys even more strikingly the powerful stance that distinguishes BMW’s Sports Activity Vehicles. In the case of the X1, the look reflects the unique combination of the elevated seating position and flexible utility of an SAV with the driving dynamics of a BMW sports sedan.

In addition to the inserts in the front and rear fascia and the special side skirt covers, the circular foglamps positioned under the headlights add to the hallmark features of a BMW X model. Beyond this, the new BMW X1 boasts attractive touches of sporting luxury.

Front view: Even more details in the style of a BMW X model.
When viewed from the front, the powerful stance of the new BMW X1 on the road is immediately evident. The path of the car’s lines, which converge along the sides of the BMW kidney grille, follows the V-shaped contours of the hood, forging downwards and outwards in the lower section of the bumper to create the sweeping “X” familiar from the X1’s larger siblings. The striking lines go hand in hand with a detailed execution of the body’s surface styling, signaling a sporty character. The foglamps are now level with an extra crease line that forms a discreet scoop along the upper edge of the lights and continues into the fenders. Newly designed headlights afford a detailed view of the car’s advanced light technology. In the upper area, a chrome accent strip now cuts across the top of the twin round headlights, while an LED accent light – included as part of the optional xenon light package – ensures the classic BMW focused look. The available xenon headlights also feature LED light rings for the daytime running lights.

Side view: Characteristic proportions, new exterior mirrors.
The character line that rises steadily to the rear of the car, an additional line extending the contours of the side glass graphic as it runs rearwards, and powerfully flared wheel arches allow the BMW X1 to project a very distinctive profile. The pronounced side skirts are a signature feature of BMW X models, while the directional indicators are now integrated into the exterior mirrors.

Rear view: Focused emphasis on a wide and powerful stance.
The premium feel of the new BMW X1 is also underlined at the rear by the new subdivision of fascia, bumper and undertray. Repositioned reflectors are now bordered by surfaces painted in body color. As a result, the black plastic elements are slimmer, while the silver-colored undertray has a more striking surface structure. Furthermore, the contours of the LED taillights now flow harmoniously into the line of the tailgate handle. A stronger emphasis on the horizontal lines gives the X1 both a robust and sporty appearance.

Interior: Precise lines, high-quality materials, sophisticated color scheme.
The modifications to the design of the new BMW X1 interior create an even more vivid showcase of the sporty driving pleasure and cutting-edge versatility. The side of the center console, angled towards the driver, is now shallower and boasts a particularly high-grade surface quality. This highlights the driver-focused principle of the cockpit design. The panel for the sound and climate system controls now has a high-gloss black surface to match the air vent surround.

The new BMW X1 comes with a storage compartment in the center of the instrument panel. In vehicles with the optional navigation system, this houses the central Control Display for the iDrive operating system. Chrome accents on the side surrounds of the onboard monitor highlight this feature. High-quality electroplated surrounds for the gearshift lever and the center console cup holder as well as a chrome clip on the headlight switch add the finishing touches to the interior’s exclusive ambience.

BMW TwinPower Turbo technology: Available in four or six-cylinder form.
The BMW X1 sDrive28i and xDrive28i feature BMW’s newest 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine (N20). This dynamic and efficient engine delivers maximum power of 240 hp at 5,000 rpm while the maximum torque of 260 lb-ft is developed at just 1,250 rpm and remains constant up to 4,800 rpm. It is mated to BMW’s latest 8-speed Steptronic automatic. This combination powers the X1 sDrive28i and xDrive28i from 0-60 mph in 6.2 and 6.3 seconds respectively. This level of responsiveness is matched with impressive efficiency. Preliminary EPA mileage estimates are 24 mpg city/33 mpg highway/27 mpg combined for the X1 sDrive28i while the AWD X1 xDrive28i has preliminary EPA estimates of 22 mpg city/30 mpg highway/25 mpg combined.

This engine is the most powerful in a new generation of 4-cylinder engines designed in accordance with the BMW EfficientDynamics strategy, which aims to combine increased driving enjoyment with reduced fuel consumption and emissions. In technical terms, this 4-cylinder engine is modeled on the current multi-award-winning inline 6-cylinder with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology (N55), which is the benchmark in its class for dynamic power delivery and impressive efficiency. This world-exclusive technology combines High Precision Direct Injection, Double-Vanos variable camshaft timing and VALVETRONIC variable valve timing with twin-scroll turbocharging.

VALVETRONIC, Double-Vanos and High Precision Direct Injection.
The combination of a high power output and a simultaneous reduction in emissions is achieved by VALVETRONIC variable valve timing and Double-Vanos variable camshaft timing. The latest generation of the VALVETRONIC system features a faster-acting, optimized stepper motor with integrated sensor. Seamlessly variable control of intake valve lift dispenses with the need for a throttle butterfly. Instead, the air mass is controlled inside the engine, resulting in faster response. At the same time, pumping losses have been reduced to a minimum.

The excellent efficiency is also down to the High Precision Direct Injection system. Centrally positioned between the valves, solenoid injectors precisely control the supply of fuel. The fuel is injected very close to the spark plug, with a maximum injection pressure of 200 bar (2900 psi), resulting in clean and homogeneous combustion. The cooling effect of the directly injected fuel also results in a higher compression ratio than on port injection engines, bringing further efficiency improvements.

X1 xDrive35i: Exclusive to the North American market – the most dynamic X1 of all
Enthusiasts in North America will have access to the most dynamic model in the X1 line, the X1 xDrive35i featuring, BMW’s award-winning 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine (N55). The N55 has been setting standards from the start, as the pioneer of a new generation of engines in which BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with High Precision Direct Injection and VALVETRONIC variable valve timing plus a twin scroll turbo made its debut. It will be mated to a 6-speed Steptronic automatic transmission.
With a maximum power rating of 300 hp at 5,800 rpm, the 3.0-liter inline 6-cylinder reflects the sporty personality of this X1 variant and helps it deliver unparalleled performance. And the high peak torque of 300 lb-ft, on stream between 1,200 and 5,000 rpm, ensures that the power is effortlessly and instantly delivered.

In order maximize available traction so as to take full advantage of its performance potential, the X1 xDrive35i, as the name implies, will be offered exclusively with xDrive all-wheel drive. As a result, the new BMW xDrive35i can show off its prowess with a 0 to 60 mph sprint time of just 5.3 seconds. EPA mileage estimates for this model are 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway/21 mpg combined.

Wide-ranging BMW EfficientDynamics technology, ECO PRO mode marks its debut in the BMW X1.
In line with the enhanced engines and transmissions, the new BMW X1 includes a range of technologies that boast optimized efficiency. All model variants come equipped with Brake Energy Regeneration.

An ECO PRO mode and the Auto Start-Stop function are available in the new BMW X1 sDrive28i and xDrive28i models. ECO PRO provides efficiency-optimized driving with targeted adjustments to the accelerator mapping and the shift characteristics of the automatic transmission. Moreover, the output of electrically operated functions such as the seat heating, climate control system and exterior mirror heating are regulated to ensure highly efficient energy management. A special display informs the driver of the extra range gleaned through these measures.

BMW xDrive all-wheel-drive system: Intelligent, fast and precise for enhanced driving pleasure.
Available with both powertrains, the new BMW X1 can transfer power to the road with the help of BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive. An electronically controlled multi-plate clutch allows the system to vary power between the front and rear wheels, thereby guaranteeing maximum traction, the highest possible safety, outstanding handling and optimal power development regardless of weather or road conditions.

By virtue of being integrated with Dynamic Stability Control, the xDrive control system is able to analyze every driving situation with great precision. It can thus counteract any tendency towards oversteer or understeer by distributing power as required before the driver is even aware of the need.
What’s more, the collaboration between xDrive and DSC enables Hill Descent Control for safe passage down an incline at an automatically regulated speed.

As a means of sharpening the handling character, the X1 xDrive28i and xDrive35i get Performance Control as part of the available M Sport Package. Performance Control helps the X1 xDrive35i maintain a more neutral handling character by adjusting the xDrive torque split to 20% front/80% rear in steady state cornering. Performance Control can also apply the inside rear brake while also applying a little more power to the outside wheel (to compensate for the additional drag of the brake) in order to help rotate the vehicle.

New for the BMW X1: The BMW xLine and BMW Sport Line.
BMW Lines are available for all models, allowing drivers to tailor their new BMW X1 with individual style based on their personal preferences. The BMW xLine allows the sturdy versatility of the sub-compact BMW X model to be emphasized. It includes undertray elements for the front and rear fascias, side skirt covers, air intake and kidney grille slats in Titanium Silver matt finish, as well as exclusive 18-inch alloys in Y-spoke design. The distinctive charisma of the new BMW X1 is also reflected in the interior, starting with entry strips bearing the lettering “BMW xLine”, a leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel, as well as exclusive interior trim strips in Dark Copper high-gloss and floor mats with color-matched piping. In conjunction with the BMW xLine, optional Nevada leather upholstery is available, with the exclusive color shades Terra and Oyster which are also used on the door trim panels and the lower section of the dashboard. The head rests feature a distinctive embossed “X”. As an additional option, interior trim in Fineline Bay matt fine wood finish is available exclusively in combination with the BMW xLine.

The stand-out agility and dynamics of the new BMW X1 within the competitive environment can also be highlighted through exclusive and meticulously matched design and equipment features. Cue the BMW Sport Line, which features a front and rear undertray, side skirt covers, air intakes and kidney grille slats in Black high-gloss, tailpipe finishers in Black Chrome, exclusive 18-inch double-spoke light alloys, and entry strips with “BMW Sport” lettering. In the interior, sport seats with coral red accents, a sports leather steering wheel and gear selector lever with red stitching, interior trim in Black high-gloss finish and floor mats with red piping all contribute to an ambience that is explicitly geared to intensive driving pleasure. The leather sports seats are available in a choice of two colors, while interior trim strips in aluminum with accent line are an optional exclusive to the BMW Sport Line.

Both BMW Lines are offered as an alternative to the entry-level version. An M Sport package is also available as an option for the new BMW X1.

Solid body structure, comprehensive safety equipment.
Like all BMW X models, the new BMW X1 boasts a body with high torsional stiffness which, thanks to intelligent lightweight design, pairs extreme robustness with optimized weight. In the interests of passive safety, the impact forces in the event of an accident are diverted along several load paths, absorbed by precisely defined deformation zones and thus kept away from the stable passenger cell.

As well as front and side airbags for the front seats, standard interior equipment includes side curtain head airbags for both rows of seats, three-point inertia-reel seat belts on all seats, belt latch limiters and belt latch tensioners in the front and ISOFIX child seat mounts in the rear. All restraint systems are controlled by a central electronic system. Immediately after its market launch, the BMW X1 was awarded the maximum 5-star rating in the Euro NCAP crash test.

Interior allows diverse uses with modern functionality.
The new BMW X1 also showcases its versatility when it comes to carrying stuff. The rear seatback can be split 40:20:40, with the three sections folding down individually or jointly according to need and can be adjusted in ten stages. The angle of tilt for the rear-seat backrest ranges from 31° – a particularly comfortable angle for passengers – all the way to a near- vertical cargo position of 1°. This facility alone means the luggage space can vary between 12.7 cubic feet (360 liters) and 17.0 cu.ft (480 liters), with a capacity of 14.8 cu. ft. (420 liters), according to European measure, when the rear seatback is in its normal position. Folding all three seat elements down fully creates a virtually flat cargo floor with a loading capacity of 47.7 cu. ft. (1,350 liters), again according to European measure. SAE volume measures are not yet available but, either way, these numbers indicate a surprising amount of cargo space for a vehicle of this size.

Two 46-inch golf bags can be stowed widthways or, after folding down the central section of the seatback, lengthwise. The through-loading aperture between the outer rear seats can also be used for two snowboards or four pairs of skis. The passenger compartment offers a wide range of storage spaces and compartments of various sizes, as well as generously sized door pockets. Additional transportation potential is opened up by roof rails and a storage compartment package.

Premium character thanks to comprehensive standard equipment and high-grade options.
The range of standard equipment on the new BMW X1 guarantees driving enjoyment and comfort at a premium level. The scope includes automatic climate control, electrically adjustable heated exterior mirrors, foglamps, LED taillights, chrome tailpipe finishers, a multi- function leather-wrapped steering wheel, an onboard computer, and a hi-fi sound system with CD player, AUX-IN connection, HD radio and a two-line display showing computer data, telephone numbers and music track titles. Other standard features include roof rails, Rain Sensing windshield wipers and automatic headlights.

Many features are standard equipment of the X1 xDrive35i which are also available on the X1 sDrive28i and xDrive28i. These include the panoramic glass sunroof, electrically adjusted front seats, Servotronic steering, Adaptive Xenon Headlights and automatic high beams.

The range of optional extras for all models includes, among other features, a Harman Kardon Surround Sound System and Sirius/XM satellite radio with a one-year subscription, as well Chrome-line exterior trim.

BMW ConnectedDrive, meanwhile, offers a wide choice of options for optimizing the convenience, safety and infotainment functions of the car.
Accurate and safe maneuvering is facilitated by the Driver Assistance Package which includes Park Distance Control and the rear-view camera, which relays its images live to the Control Display of the iDrive operating system.

BMW Assist, a globally unique mobility service, comprises among other features a telephone information service and the enhanced Automatic Collision Notification function with automatic detection of the vehicle location. BMW Assist with Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity is part of the Technology Package which also includes the on-board navigation system.

Other innovative technologies allow the integration of the Apple iPhone and other smartphones as well as music players, including the use of Internet-based services. The Apps option enables iPhone users, among other things, to receive Internet radio stations and to display Facebook and Twitter posts on the onboard monitor. With BMW Apps, iPhone users can access and listen to music streaming services like Pandora and MOG.

Other available packages include the Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package and Premium Package. The Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package and Technology Package may be order together as the Ultimate Package.

The M Sport Package is available for all models. It consists of a Sport Suspension and 18-inch M Double-spoke wheels with mixed-sized performance tires with an available upgrade to 19- inch wheels. Interior touches include Sport Seats, an M Sport Steering Wheel, Dark Aluminum or Light Fineline Wood trim and an anthracite headliner. Exterior touches include M Aero kit, Shadowline trim, and high-gloss roof rails. The all-wheel drive X1 xDrive28i and xDrive35i models also get Performance Control as part of the package.

The BMW X1 sDrive28i and X1 xDrive28i will retail for $31,545 and $33,245 respectively while the X1 xDrive35i will start at $39,345. All prices include $895 Destination and Handling.

2013 BMW X1 Wallpaper

2013 BMW X1 Exterior

2013 BMW X1 Studio Photos

2013 BMW X1 Interior

BMW X1 LCI from 2012 NYIAS

2013 BMW X1 M Sport from 2012 NYIAS

2013 BMW X1 M Sport from 2012 NYIAS

2013 BMW X1 M Sport versus X3 from 2012 NYIAS

* Click to download 2013 X1 price guide *

* Click to download 2013 X1 order guide *

[/bpnews]

2013 X1 Summary

Exterior Design

Interior Design

Lighting Design

Driving Scenes

Driving Scenes

On Board Driving Scene

Want more information navigate the tabs below

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Order guides for the 2013 X1 will be made available sometime this mid-month.

Be sure to click on the "Options and Pricing Info" tab above for the preliminary options and pricing info for the 2013 X1.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

I read the release a couple of times and it sure is confusing. I never figured out what color leather you can get for the Sport line or M Sport. I wanted Oyster leather for a Titanium Silver M Sport but have no idea if I can get it. I'm not sure what the difference would be between the X line or Sport line if you get M Sport. Kind of stupid to say what color seats you can get on the X line but not the Sport or M Sport.
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8, 2000 528i, 2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0, 2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive, 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep

First post above updated with all new photos!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

nice

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Nice little sport wagons, although I am a coupe guy.
      05-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
jc5988
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i 6MT

1 series 5 door anyone?

Name:  x1-1.jpg
Views: 24472
Size:  88.4 KB
      05-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Seems like a winner to me.

Broadly speaking, how is this vehicle any different from a 3-er station wagon? Notwithstanding its badging, that's about what it looks like to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Strange that the Orange 28i has the new style auto gear selector but the Blue 35i M sport has the old school auto gear selector. i wonder if it is a preproduction thing or what.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
ohnoyuji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper/ BMW X1 i28

I super hate BMW Canada!!!! I feel super ripe off for the same car!
I pay more and yet my car only last 1 year and the Lci came what the f!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
Strange that the Orange 28i has the new style auto gear selector but the Blue 35i M sport has the old school auto gear selector. i wonder if it is a preproduction thing or what.
As the specs above indicate, the 28i models use the newer 8 speed auto while the xDrive35i model uses the older 6 speed auto transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Great looking little car. Cant wait to drive one.
      05-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
bimmerJP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i
Location: Texas, the United States of America, Planet Earth, Universe

Can we have a comparison between LCI and pre-LCI? I have only seen X1 in real life once and let me be honest with you, I really don't know this car really well. I'm interested though
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrypon83 View Post
Can we have a comparison between LCI and pre-LCI? I have only seen X1 in real life once and let me be honest with you, I really don't know this car really well. I'm interested though
Here's the pre-LCI release:

http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278153
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #15
BXM3W
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 RX

So no performance control on xLine or Sport Line and no sport seats with xLine???
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #16
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXM3W View Post
So no performance control on xLine or Sport Line and no sport seats with xLine???
Correct. And no Performance Control on sDrive28i even with M Sport package.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Not sure if I'd pay that much for an SUV that has less cargo capacity than a VW Jetta Sportwagon or BMW 3 series wagon, plus it still gets less mpg?
      05-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
adamsclubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i sedan

When will it be available for test drive at the US dealers?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
I wonder what the lease rates will be. I'd imagine pretty good.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Nice to have another option in NA.

Pricing is a bit high, and the 6speed tranny is not a tranny I'd want again, I guerss they need to use them up, and also not step on the x3 accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

That interior looks real fine. Flows so well and everything blends! Unlike the crap a$$ job they did on the F30.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
bbg2d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Nice to have another option in NA.

Pricing is a bit high, and the 6speed tranny is not a tranny I'd want again, I guerss they need to use them up, and also not step on the x3 accordingly.
Not sure what everyone's problem is with the 6speed, I never had problems in my e92. But how cool would it be to swap for the 8 after delivery? Wonder if it can be done...
Appreciate 0