Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

03-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
X1-Mumbai
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X1 sDrive20d

Rear seat Remote Control?

Hey all,
First time bimmer owner here. Got myself a lovely X1 sDrive20d here in Mumbai. Like many developing countries, I have a chauffeur/driver to drive me to work everyday, as the traffic is terrible (you'd average around 10-15 kmph during rush hour, 30 kmph in normal traffic).

Is there a IR remote control or other type of solution for controlling music or idrive from the back-seat? Right now I am managing by leaning over to use the idrive and setup bluetooth audio, so that I can at least control the music through my iphone.

Is there a way to make the car pair with the iphone by bluetooth automatically? I seem to have manually get the car to pair every time i get in.

Thanks for listening!
Nathan.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

What I would do is connect the iPod through the Aux port so you have full control of it. But you'll need a very long cable, and you'd want to hide it under the carpets.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
AusX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Sport

Now I've never heard of a chauffer problem. Funny how different cultures throw up a different set of problems!

My wife's 1 series has the Ipod connection in the armrest which is more accesible from the back via cable and your Ipod's hidden out of sight too, much better setup.
The dealer set her phone up to connect automatically every time she got in the car, but I don't know how he did it. so there must be a simple solution.

I haven't heard of a remote for the IDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
aris
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive 23d

Garage List
i don't thin that exist a remote control
      03-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1-Mumbai View Post
Hey all,
First time bimmer owner here. Got myself a lovely X1 sDrive20d here in Mumbai. Like many developing countries, I have a chauffeur/driver to drive me to work everyday, as the traffic is terrible (you'd average around 10-15 kmph during rush hour, 30 kmph in normal traffic).

Is there a IR remote control or other type of solution for controlling music or idrive from the back-seat? Right now I am managing by leaning over to use the idrive and setup bluetooth audio, so that I can at least control the music through my iphone.

Is there a way to make the car pair with the iphone by bluetooth automatically? I seem to have manually get the car to pair every time i get in.

Thanks for listening!
Nathan.
The traffic is terrible in Paris and London too, but I just can't fathom how one can enjoy a car by sitting in the back seat..

(Actually I can, but then it's a A8 or S400 and I don't even want to drive it in the first place!)
      03-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #6
X1-Mumbai
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X1 sDrive20d

Back seat X1

Frankly it's more the parking nightmare than the traffic. However, you are right, the X1 is not for back seat comfort but for the driving experience.

Anyway thanks for trying. I am going to do some r
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

I don't understand... You bought X1 sDrive20d and you got a chauffeur/driver that drives you to work? Hence you'd like more backseat comfort? ok makes sense. But yeah others will need to reply. Don't know. I'm just trolling the topics...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
Barrysydney
Rep
Drives: 2010 23xd

The front passenger seat is a lot more comfortable and you can take full control of the i-drive easily.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Chauffeur can sit in the back
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kres7787 View Post
Chauffeur can sit in the back
Sitting in the back is a status thing. I get driven around here and then for work, and I always sit next to the driver (easier to get to the shotgun..... joke, joke !).
My men would burst laughing if I were to sit in the back...
      03-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #11
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I work at home
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #12
AusX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Sport

I was surfing the 1M coupe/1 series coupe site of xbimmers and there was a poster there that advertised a remote control setup for ipod, etc. Can't remember where on the site/posts exactly but I have been following a guy who picked up the first ever 1M coupe from the BMW Welt? factory. Pretty good read. I can't imagine wanting to take my brand new beemer out onto the "wrong" side of the road from the factory and trying to navigate around Europe. I did it in an old Austin Metro years ago and that was nerve wracking enough at times.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Jump_man
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1-Mumbai View Post
Hey all,

Thanks for listening!
Nathan.
If you have iPhone, I think you can hook it up with the speaker via bluetooth and control the music from your phone. I successfully hooked it up once but never again. I may need to check with the dealer..
Appreciate 0