XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

03-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
bimbimmer
Rep
Drives: 323i LE

X1 in Canada

The new X1 is launching in Canada for the firs time this month. This should be a good market for this vehicle, I wonder how well it will actually do sales wise.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
kolomee
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335xi

lessee...

1) roundel on the hood. check.
2) all-wheel drive. check.
3) roundel on the hood. check.
4) semi-cutesy look. check.
5) roundel on the hood. check.
6) under 40k to start?
7) did I meantion the roundel on the hood?

they'll likely sell every one they can build (in the vancouver/richmond area at least).
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolomee View Post
they'll likely sell every one they can build (in the vancouver/richmond area at least).
Sssssssh. There could be dealers reading this. You do want a big fat discount, don't you?
      03-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUH CAR View Post
Sssssssh. There could be dealers reading this. You do want a big fat discount, don't you?
Keep drooling guys !
      03-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
e85sbm
Snow Wizard
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 & E89

Was just at an X1 unveiling event this week in Calgary. I am very impressed, but I have always been interested in the X1 since it was first announced.

Now the big question....will I be happy moving from a 335 to an X1?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post
Was just at an X1 unveiling event this week in Calgary. I am very impressed, but I have always been interested in the X1 since it was first announced.

Of course you will! Wrong forum to ask that question mate
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
Denny Swift
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 992GTS; '20 Porsche Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post

This is completely off topic, but it seems that you trade your cars every 1 - 2 years. Why would you do that? If I dump a good car in less then 10 years, I feel like I am throwing out a friend. To each his own, but I can't imagine even getting to know a car in less than 4 years. And if you do buy an X1 how does it matter if you love it or hate it if you will trade it in 1-2 years regardless? I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious. When I buy an X1, I plan on keeping it for 10 - 15 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
This is completely off topic, but it seems that you trade your cars every 1 - 2 years. Why would you do that? If I dump a good car in less then 10 years, I feel like I am throwing out a friend. To each his own, but I can't imagine even getting to know a car in less than 4 years. And if you do buy an X1 how does it matter if you love it or hate it if you will trade it in 1-2 years regardless? I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious. When I buy an X1, I plan on keeping it for 10 - 15 years.
I get to change (leased) cars every two years. I like the car I'm driving at any moment, but I'm not "in love" ! Good to change and get new driving experience on a regular basis...

Change car : every 2 years
Flat : every 5 years
Suit : every day
Woman : As the need arise.

(joke joke !! )
      03-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
e85sbm
Snow Wizard
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 & E89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
You are correct, I have leased most of my cars, BUT, I have yet to find the car that suits my needs. Right now I am in a great position as I love my E90 335, and am looking for another stablemate for this car. I plan on keeping the 335 and whatever new car I buy, for 5-10 years. I want to ensure I am making the right decision in a long term vehicle. Maybe an X5 or X6 would be better for long term ownership, but the sportiness is lost at the cost of size and luxury features. The wife also has a great love of the Mini Cooper, so we will need to compromise, or find a mutually beneficial vehicle.

In addition, I have had a number of cars in a short period of time, but they are also shared between 2 people, myself and a wife, If we were to look at just MY cars, then the number would be much smaller.

Now all I need to do is wait for a test drive....

Last edited by e85sbm; 03-28-2011 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0