10-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #89
mose121
Humanist
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP/F31 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njerts View Post
The WOT is at the kick down resistance point, after that is just a switch to tell the auto transmission to kick down.
I don't think that is accurate. I was curious so we read throttle values real time while driving and with the pedal pressed to the kick down point it was only showing the throttle open to 90%. Pressed all the way down past the kick down it actually showed just above 100%.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #90
kiloTHREE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 xDrive28i

Quote:
The WOT is at the kick down resistance point, after that is just a switch to tell the auto transmission to kick down.
This is correct, just checked:
100% before kickdown, same 100% after as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #91
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose121 View Post
I've got a good feel for it but the issue is if you're driving in manual mode and you don't want to downshift you can't go past the kick down and therefore you can't achieve maximum throttle/performance without downshifting. The throttle does not open all the way unless you go past the kick down point. At some point I may try to install a gas pedal from a manual e9x without the kick down button and see what happens. It's particularly annoying when you just want to pass someone on the highway. There's usually no reason to downshift and I just want to accelerate smoothly in a higher gear. There's plenty of torque to get the job done without downshifting.
Avoiding the high loads of tall gear, deep throttle on turbo engines would be the only reason you may welcome the shift.

Quote:
Yup, like just about all cars with an autotrans.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #92
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

I currently have the Dinan Sport installed on my X1 and love it, but am considering going with the full tune.

The benefit of the added power and not having to remove and replace it every time I have the car serviced (and yes I know it only takes a couple of minutes to do) is appealing.

I know someone asked the question about long term reliability, but I'm interested in how happy people have been over the long term with the performance.

Have you kept this or have you continued searching for bigger & better improvements?
Appreciate 0