Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

06-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Bowie67
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

X1 newbie!

Hi Guys,
Been a BMW man for years now and just bought a 2010 X1 1.8D XDrive with 30,000 miles on the clock.
Bought from main dealer so have 12 month BMW warranty with it.
Have a couple of niggles though:
1. Rattle from parcel shelf area - any common themes?
2. Steering wheel running slightly off centre (to the right)
3. The most worrying and the one I need the help with......low revs, low gears you get a 'thud' as though its jumping into an 'overdrive' (only using that as a comparison) - have no idea what it could be, but would like some ideas before I contact the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
carapace
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1

X1 newbie, maybe. I'm afraid I can't give any advice and really am seeking it. I've owed a 2005 325i since 2004 and am selling to move to a X1 or X3. I have to reply to a post before I can post my own message so here it is. I test drove a X1 and there was a intermittent rattle (brief). It seemed very similar to my 325i although the engine shutting off at stop lights takes some getting used to, if it gains me mpgs (or however you measure it) I can cope. Also I figure Bowie67 from the UK is just my kind of folk so there you are... hopefully I've gained permission to post on my own.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
x1-2012
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 x28i

The rattle below the upper center shelf (in the center twin ventilation?) is shared by a lot X1 owners... Mine had it last winter but it has disappeared since the warm weather is back. Seems to be linked to the interior temperature.
Appreciate 0