XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
pedrosolheid
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

White X1 help

Hey guys,

I just got a new white X1 and i was looking at some pictures of X1s with all the lower black plastic parts painted. I liked but I not sure if it is a good idea. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
ifocus
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sport Package

You are likely to need a special paint preparation to make sure the paint adhere to the plastic properly. This is not a DIY project but a paint shop can probably achieve this. It might means to remove the trims as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrosolheid View Post
Hey guys,

I just got a new white X1 and i was looking at some pictures of X1s with all the lower black plastic parts painted. I liked but I not sure if it is a good idea. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Not aware of many that have been painted. Are you not referring to the M-Sport version of the X1? This has the lower panels in body colour. The kit is available from BMW as an aftermarket fitting.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
pedrosolheid
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Not aware of many that have been painted. Are you not referring to the M-Sport version of the X1? This has the lower panels in body colour. The kit is available from BMW as an aftermarket fitting.
It's not the M-package because I'm pretty sure they dont have the option of this package here in Brazil,I wish they did!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
It's not the M-package because I'm pretty sure they dont have the option of this package here in Brazil,I wish they did!
This may help: JaakkoA has a post on the pictures thread of his girlfriends X1before and after he carried out this modification. He did a good job, but I think he also used a body shop for the paint work.

If you look at my post Not for the Squeamish you will see that I carried out an MSport modification to my 23SE. There isn't an MSport package as such but your dealer should be able to order the parts. I listed all of the parts required on another post in response to a similar question.

Whichever way you go I think that you will get a better result by removing the plastic parts first. Also if your car does not have lowered suspension and 18" or 19" wheels it may look a little odd, but of course that's a personal opinion.

You may also like to look at the AC Scnitzer website for inspiration

Last edited by Mulberry; 12-13-2011 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: error
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
I listed the parts required for the M Sport modification on CanadianX1's - Ordering M-Sport parts in Canada post.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
pedrosolheid
Rep

Thanks a lot guys! If i end up paiting it i will post some pictures!
Appreciate 0