XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Introducing the new ER Competition N20 Downpipe!

Just wanted to announce the new ER downpipes for the X1

Introducing our new Competition Series 4" Downpipes for your N20 four cylinder
turbo engine! Fits all 2011+ X1 s/xDrive20i, 2012+ X3 xDrive20i/xDrive28i.

Key Features:

Horsepower gains of 14 to 16whp average (gains will vary based on modifications of your vehicle).
Higher Max Horsepower Power Curve
Torque gains of 16wtq average (stock boost) up to over 24 wtq (Software upgrade) (gains will vary based on modifications of your vehicle).
Higher Intial Torque Curve. Torque curve hits faster and higher and longer.
Better throttle response and faster turbo spool up times.
Mandrel Bent 4" piping. Smooth transition to the exhaust system.
100% Stainless Steel Construction
100% TIG welded for better quality welds
Precision CNC machined turbocharger V-Band flange.
Stainless steel flex section like factory that allows proper exhaust movement and flexibility.
Mirror polish or brush finish
Available with high temperature black thermal coating to reduce underhood temperatures.
Optional - Additional O2 sensor bung for wideband O2 sensors (comes with pre-installed plug)
Optional EGT sensor bung for EGT gauges (comes with pre-installed plug)
Compatible with the factory or aftermarket exhaust systems.
Track tested durability.
Includes all hardware for complete installation.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Restrictions in the exhaust system robs horsepower and torque especially on turbocharged cars. Thus, removing as much exhaust flow restrictions will increase horsepower and torque significantly. The factory catalytic converter found in the factory downpipe is a big culprit of this and is a major exhaust flow restriction. The factory catalytic converter is made up of catalyst material formed into "honeycomb" weaves. Exhaust gas must pass through these tiny "honeycomb" weaves on their way to the exhaust system thus causing a major exhaust flow restriction. It also causes turbulence after the catalytic converter which causes the exhaust flow to slow down (which increases restriction). By replacing the factory downpipe/catalytic converter with our Competition Series 4" Catless Downpipe, more power is unleashed! Our dyno testing has shown around 14-16whp average peak gains and upwards of 24wtq peak gains! While peak horsepower is nice to look at on dyno charts, what's more important is the power curve. If you look at the dyno charts, torque hits MUCH earlier and harder. The torque curve is BROADER throughout the RPM band. More usable power. You have more time spent in the RPM band with higher horsepower and torque. This equates to faster turbo spool up (less turbocharger lag) and better throttle response. Bottom line, faster. You will feel the difference instantly.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
FFEMT510
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive28i

I plan on adding this after BMS Stage 2. Is it correct that with Stage 2, I won't need an additional fix to run the DP without throwing a CEL?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFEMT510 View Post
I plan on adding this after BMS Stage 2. Is it correct that with Stage 2, I won't need an additional fix to run the DP without throwing a CEL?
Yes thats correct. The stage2 has the o2 light eliminator built in.

Mike
Appreciate 0