XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
X1driver
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Ordered a new X1 M Sport in Canada!

Most people don't know this, but you can actually order the X1 with M Sport trim here in Canada as 2012 model if you request it as a special order with a local BMW dealer. It has to be processed as a special order and not part of the regular order (and therefore it does not show up in bmw.ca site when you click on "build your own" button).

It took some time to figure out the details in terms of the difference between the Canadian version of M sport and the European version, but it's all done now and my mineral white model will arrive in late April! I've got it fully loaded and even added options that were deemed "not available" such as the rear camera and universal remote control (both of these are not even shown in the BMW catalogue or online build guide). I am lucky to have a great sales person walk me through the entire process here in Vancouver.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
DieselDamo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435d Xdrive convertible

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1driver View Post
Most people don't know this, but you can actually order the X1 with M Sport trim here in Canada as 2012 model if you request it as a special order with a local BMW dealer. It has to be processed as a special order and not part of the regular order (and therefore it does not show up in bmw.ca site when you click on "build your own" button).

It took some time to figure out the details in terms of the difference between the Canadian version of M sport and the European version, but it's all done now and my mineral white model will arrive in late April! I've got it fully loaded and even added options that were deemed "not available" such as the rear camera and universal remote control (both of these are not even shown in the BMW catalogue or online build guide). I am lucky to have a great sales person walk me through the entire process here in Vancouver.

congrats my friend same as me waiting lol,,
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
mrm83
Private
Rep
Drives: x1

Omg!!! Are You Serious??????
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
mrm83
Private
Rep

I just emailed them (toronto) asking if they can order it as parts and put it on for me..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm83 View Post
I just emailed them (toronto) asking if they can order it as parts and put it on for me..
Have a look at my 'not for the squeamish' post and you will see what's required for a retro fit of the M Sport body kit. I can't currently remember which post it was that I listed all of the parts required but it will be there in my 'post' file.

I had the work done last summer by BMW and have had no problems with it at all. Has your car got the lower sports suspension?

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
mrm83
Private
Rep

my car does not have the lower sports suspension.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm83 View Post
my car does not have the lower sports suspension.
No problem...BMW Performance can supply and retro fit the parts. Just adds to the cost......you may then want larger wheels, where do you stop?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
ohnoyuji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper/ BMW X1 i28

Nice!
IMO, to customize the car, you only need to know the package code.
Which are available thru bmw.de
Like Mineral White is A96
318 Style 17" is 2KZ
The M sport package cost 3500Euro, and is code 337.

Anything could be done... but i wonder if those part were already approved by transport canada...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
LeeD31
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3\EB 328xi Tour\G01X3

How much was the total for the vehicle (MSRP) if you don't mind me asking.

Karmaloop Rep Code: 'DUBST3P' for 20% off your order @ www.karmaloop.com
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #10
X1driver
Private
Rep

Approx $57,000 before tax and discount, but I ordered every possible options including some items that are not on the regular order guide (special order). For example, I have rear view camera even though it does not show up as an option
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
shag
pullin a boat
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

What is the "Universal Remote Control"? Is it a fancy name for Comfort Access?

2021 X3 M40i, Phytonic/Cognac
Past:
2017 330i xDrive Touring M Sport, EBII, Dinan
2014 328d xDrive Touring M Sport, BSM/CR.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #12
X1driver
Private
Rep

No, it is a programmable garage opener which is built-into the rear view mirror, so that you can open your garage with the built-in button instead of using your clip type garage opener. I also ordered the comfort access too.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
FDinTO
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 335xi Msport 6MT

tell me more

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1driver View Post

Were you able to order it with a manual gearbox? If yes, I am really interested. please let me know the name of your Vancouver dealer and salesperson (the Toronto dealerships are not willing to do anything extra)
Appreciate 0