XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

04-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jalopy

I know I should just wait until the build your car but......

Does anyone know if you can get the parking sensors separate from the technology package? In the US version?

Last edited by ba ba boosh; 05-02-2012 at 06:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus

According to the window stickers that have been previewed the answer is no. I asked the CA I used when I bought my 335i last year and he said that check when ordering info is available to them to see if individual options available in other markets could be special ordered without packages. No answers yet, but I'm guessing the answer will still be no unless it costs big bucks. Recent statements by BMW NA indicate that they're trying to lump more options together with packages, presumably to cut costs.

I would be interested in the parking sensors and xenon lights, but don't want to pay for the nearly $7k in packages to get there. What's the point of a $50k X1?
'17 Audi A4 Ultra, Monsoon Grey, Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111R View Post
According to the window stickers that have been previewed the answer is no. I asked the CA I used when I bought my 335i last year and he said that check when ordering info is available to them to see if individual options available in other markets could be special ordered without packages. No answers yet, but I'm guessing the answer will still be no unless it costs big bucks. Recent statements by BMW NA indicate that they're trying to lump more options together with packages, presumably to cut costs.

I would be interested in the parking sensors and xenon lights, but don't want to pay for the nearly $7k in packages to get there. What's the point of a $50k X1?
Yeah same here, I was thinking x1 35ix - premium pk, then parking sensors only. (I don't really need tech pk, primarily drive locally.) If they don't let you get the parking sensors separate, the ultimate package is $5k, so assuming you get no discount that's about $44k.

But if you compare that value to the F30, the 335i xdrive is probably going to be about $50-52k for the same options. So the real question is, is the F30 worth $8k more than the X1?

It would bother me buying a (technically) first year model car in the X1. The market is still unknown and if the sales are not strong, bigger discounts are to be had down the road. Who knows in the economy.

Last edited by ba ba boosh; 05-02-2012 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
ohnoyuji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper/ BMW X1 i28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba ba boosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111R View Post

Yeah same here, I was thinking x1 35ix - premium pk, then parking sensors only. (I don't really need tech pk, primarily drive locally.) If they don't let you get the parking sensors separate, the ultimate package is $5k, so assuming you get no discount that's about $44k.

But if you compare that value to the F30, the 335i xdrive is probably going to be about $50-52k for the same options. So the real question is, is the F30 worth $8k more than the X1?

It would bother me buying a (technically) first year model car in the X1. The market is still unknown and if the sales are not strong, bigger discounts are to be had down the road. Who knows in the economy.
I don't really agree that u said x1 is the first year.
The lci probably is.
And yet I did paid 50k for an x1 in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

+1
      05-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoyuji View Post
I don't really agree that u said x1 is the first year.
The lci probably is.
And yet I did paid 50k for an x1 in Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUH CAR View Post
+1

Well I'm in the US that's why I said (technically) first year model. Perhaps I should have added (technically 1st year in the US), but oh well.........

PS - And you misunderstood me, I think the X1 35i X-Drive @ $44k relatively loaded is worth it. I just think it's a little crazy that BMW makes you pay $5-6k for a boatload of options, some that I don't really need to begin with. I'm just tired of the packages era. With my current vehicle, you can't get the parking sensors separate from the MMI Navigation. In reality I don't really need the navigation, but I would find it difficult to park the car without the parking sensors and camera. Again I think the 35i X Drive @ $44-45k is worth it for what you get and will definitely be my front runner for my next car.

Last edited by ba ba boosh; 05-02-2012 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0