XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #23
12 Handicap
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 S28 I

This is like the 9-10 issue with this car, thermostat, turbo oil line, gas cap, light issues, shifting problems and so on. And yes it was noticed after the car wash ,just chefs my axx every other month something new. Oh and did I mention it dropped 2/3 in value 9 months after i bought it. Not happy at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #24
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Understandable, and mostly completely unacceptable.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 10:14 PM   #25
mcdanielvzw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 Handicap View Post
This is like the 9-10 issue with this car, thermostat, turbo oil line, gas cap, light issues, shifting problems and so on. And yes it was noticed after the car wash ,just chefs my axx every other month something new. Oh and did I mention it dropped 2/3 in value 9 months after i bought it. Not happy at all.
I hear what you're saying, and that does suck. The value drop argument I can't agree with though (there are plenty of cars that were never liked when they were released, and now are worth loads). Car values are so fickle, and while value may drop in the short term a car purchase (Like most things IMO) should be evaluated from a long term stance. You can never plan on making money off a newer car, so the best plan is to save and get what you really want so you can keep it until it is paid off, at which point at least it serves for a down payment on another car.

Straight from BMW parts are definitely expensive, but if you want OEM that's the price you pay. There are alternatives for many things.... but you might need to speak German to code your car ;-)

There are models in most manufacturers portfolios that end up having an issue sooner or later. The only way to minimize it is to not get 1st gen releases, make sure you have a comprehensive aftermarket warranty or lease a new car so its always under warranty. I consider leasing to be a terrible option, but to each their own.
Appreciate 0