07-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #67
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pringle View Post
We tried the Audi Q3 in its 170 and 211 HP (both AWD) versions available in Mexico. For various reasons, the X1 (sDrive20i w/ 184 HP engine) felt way more responsive, nimble and just more fun to drive. I'm sure Audi will be coming out with something more suitable to compete head to head with the X1's 240 HP engine in the U.S. and Canada. But as we experienced first hand, a powerful engine is just a fraction of the equation.
The Audi is indeed quick and nimble - the top model has more HP and torque than the X1 35i. However, in my opinion, where most Audis lose are in the detached feeling you get - you're not connected to the road and engine in the same way as in a BMW.
For some this is a plus, as the Q3 arguably feels more of a "luxury" drive, despite the small size.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #68
Chris Pringle
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

^^^^
I believe you nailed it. The Q3 did have a little more luxurious feel (e.g., better finishings, plusher suspension, better off-road capabilities w/ standard AWD) than the rear drive X1 we test-drove, but somehow I felt as if I were still driving our Passat. We are not into race cars or anything, but we definitely felt more engaged in the driving with the X1. It reminded in an odd way to the engagement or feel of riding my road bike (my real passion.)
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #69
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Pringle View Post
We are not into race cars or anything, but we definitely felt more engaged in the driving with the X1. It reminded in an odd way to the engagement or feel of riding my road bike (my real passion.)
Recumbent bike here And I'm not into race cars or anything either, I just want to drive like my former neighbor Martin.
Appreciate 0