XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #1
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Golden State Warriors

Congratulations to the Warriors for a great season. 73 wins. Outstanding!
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2016, 12:07 AM   #2
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Not a big basketball fan but definitely appreciate the Warriors bringing a championship and now history to the Bay Area.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Very cool was overshadowed by kobe leaving with 60
Appreciate 2
      04-14-2016, 12:30 AM   #4
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

The enormity of 60 points, at 37 years old...on that aged and broken body is unreal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2016, 12:38 AM   #5
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Very cool was overshadowed by kobe leaving with 60
I'm not sure what one has to do with the other but okay. Yes, Kobe is great and he had an amazing final night.

I don't think that really overshadows a new NBA record. Just two great achievements side by side.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 12:43 AM   #6
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Wasn't trying to discount everything just an observation. I was out and the kobe game had priority in the bar, no one even paid attention to gs. That was expected kobe wasn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 01:31 AM   #7
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

73 wins for GS, 402 threes for Curry and 60 pts plus game winner and final 15 straight points for Kobe. Outstanding finish to NBA regular season. Glad I DVR'd both games.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 01:51 AM   #8
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Not diminishing what was accomplished, but was at a bar. It was basically the Kobe show and there was one TV that also had the Warriors game. Either way, glad there was great basketball tonight.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #9
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Congratulations to the Warriors for a great season. 73 wins. Outstanding!
On to another title, hopefully.
      04-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #10
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Congratulations Golden State for a amazing season. Now go out and finish the job. This is coming from a depressed Knicks fan. Good luck GS.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #11
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Appreciate 1
      04-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #12
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

how they get open 3s
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 12:23 AM   #13
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

I imagine the bandwagon GS fans are the same as the ones that bandwagon'd the Lakers back in the early 2000's
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2016, 03:07 AM   #14
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I imagine the bandwagon GS fans are the same as the ones that bandwagon'd the Lakers back in the early 2000's
What?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 03:31 AM   #15
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
how they get open 3s
When a team wins, there are fans of opposing teams who think the refs favored that team and that contributed to their winning. This is probably true every year for every sport. So, its no surprise that some people think the Warriors were advantaged by no calls on what looked like moving screens. Not being a technical expert, I don't know for sure. What I do know is that good calls and bad calls go both ways in every game in every sport. The bottom line is the Warriors won their division and they are in the playoffs. If they are executing moving screens as determined by refs on the floor they should be called on it. They are having an incredible season and if they win the championship again it should be fair and square.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #16
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When a team wins, there are fans of opposing teams who think the refs favored that team and that contributed to their winning. This is probably true every year for every sport. So, its no surprise that some people think the Warriors were advantaged by no calls on what looked like moving screens. Not being a technical expert, I don't know for sure. What I do know is that good calls and bad calls go both ways in every game in every sport. The bottom line is the Warriors won their division and they are in the playoffs. If they are executing moving screens as determined by refs on the floor they should be called on it. They are having an incredible season and if they win the championship again it should be fair and square.
Are you that naive to believe darling media teams and NBA superstars don't get preferential treatment by the refs? Or are you just blind and too far atop the gsw bandwagon?
It's ok to feel great when your team is winning , even when calls go their way. Admitting that fact means you're a real fan. Anyone watching that video thinks those are good plays, even if the refs missed called or simply ignored it simply have no business being a fan
I am a Spurs fan, but when calls go their way and are obviously bad, I wouldn't hesitate to bring it up. But hey we got away with it so that's OK.
Just don't go and blame fans of apposing teams of being butthurt and making up imaginary noncalls going the warriors way
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #17
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Yeah man it's bad in the bay area
Back in 2010 every time Lakers played at Oracle there would be a sea of Kobe jerseys
It's hard to believe all those "fans" moved to LA and only "authentic" gsw fans left rocking #30s
Go back 10-15 years and check out the Alamo dome or AT&T center and see if there are anything but silver and black when my Spurs play the Lakers
It's still only silver and black now BTW
GSG
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #18
mojobmw_e90
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63S

Sure Kobe 60pts sound badass, but when u attempt 50 shots, 2points each shot that's 100 points.. The entire Lakers team attempted 85shots(35 everyone combined except kobe) .the numbers don't sound impressing after all do they
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #19
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Are you that naive to believe darling media teams and NBA superstars don't get preferential treatment by the refs? Or are you just blind and too far atop the gsw bandwagon?
It's ok to feel great when your team is winning , even when calls go their way. Admitting that fact means you're a real fan. Anyone watching that video thinks those are good plays, even if the refs missed called or simply ignored it simply have no business being a fan
I am a Spurs fan, but when calls go their way and are obviously bad, I wouldn't hesitate to bring it up. But hey we got away with it so that's OK.
Just don't go and blame fans of apposing teams of being butthurt and making up imaginary noncalls going the warriors way
I'm not quite sure what part of my post pissed you off. I agree that refs give preferential treatment. What I am saying is calls go both ways. I'm sure a video could be assembled that shows a bunch of plays where the refs' calls went against GS. I'm also saying that opinions about a given call tend to follow party lines. Go to YouTube on any controversial call in any sport and look at the wide variety of comments on the very same video. I mean, its hard to believe all those commenters are even looking at the same video. While a fan of a team will sometimes call out his/her own team, mostly the comments about a controversial play align the team. That is all I'm saying. Therefore, it's no surprise that fans of other teams think GS gets special treatment by the refs. That's just how it goes.

I meant it when I said I am not a technical expert. As a casual fan who goes to a game a couple of times a year, I am not an expert at what constitutes a moving screen. I'm still trying to figure out what constitutes traveling for crying out loud. I see guys carrying the ball like a bag of groceries down the aisle at the store and they don't get called. And I really did mean it that the refs should call plays right so the winning team wins fair and square.

As far as being on the GS bandwagon, whatever that is, I was born in San Francisco and lived here for most of my life. As such, I am a fan of the Warriors. If that's being on a bandwagon so be it.

I started this thread to simply congratulate the Warriors for an incredible season. They won their division. They set a new record for most games one in a season. They have some talented players who are playing very well. Heck, they even beat San Antonio at home for the first time in a long time. All the talk in the world about favoritism and bad calls being the reason is pretty much expected but it doesn't change the outcome at all.

Not that you asked but I will give it to you anyway. When I was 10 years old my Little League manager gathered the team at the beginning of the season and said that he didn't want to hear any whining about bad calls or he would bench the player that whined. He said, "Bad calls happen. You need play well enough so bad calls don't change the outcome of the game." Pretty smart man I'd say.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #20
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
A great accomplishment considering Jordan's Bulls were considered one of the best teams ever.

I'm not a huge basketball fan and this is one of the reason why. There is no drama in who will win the title. Unless Curry and half the starters get hurt, nobody will beat them. As opposed to hockey where it's a 2 month war of attrition and there are several teams that can win.

So, I'll say congrats to Warriors on winning the title now!
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #21
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what part of my post pissed you off. I agree that refs give preferential treatment. What I am saying is calls go both ways. I'm sure a video could be assembled that shows a bunch of plays where the refs' calls went against GS. I'm also saying that opinions about a given call tend to follow party lines. Go to YouTube on any controversial call in any sport and look at the wide variety of comments on the very same video. I mean, its hard to believe all those commenters are even looking at the same video. While a fan of a team will sometimes call out his/her own team, mostly the comments about a controversial play align the team. That is all I'm saying. Therefore, it's no surprise that fans of other teams think GS gets special treatment by the refs. That's just how it goes.

I meant it when I said I am not a technical expert. As a casual fan who goes to a game a couple of times a year, I am not an expert at what constitutes a moving screen. I'm still trying to figure out what constitutes traveling for crying out loud. I see guys carrying the ball like a bag of groceries down the aisle at the store and they don't get called. And I really did mean it that the refs should call plays right so the winning team wins fair and square.

As far as being on the GS bandwagon, whatever that is, I was born in San Francisco and lived here for most of my life. As such, I am a fan of the Warriors. If that's being on a bandwagon so be it.

I started this thread to simply congratulate the Warriors for an incredible season. They won their division. They set a new record for most games one in a season. They have some talented players who are playing very well. Heck, they even beat San Antonio at home for the first time in a long time. All the talk in the world about favoritism and bad calls being the reason is pretty much expected but it doesn't change the outcome at all.

Not that you asked but I will give it to you anyway. When I was 10 years old my Little League manager gathered the team at the beginning of the season and said that he didn't want to hear any whining about bad calls or he would bench the player that whined. He said, "Bad calls happen. You need play well enough so bad calls don't change the outcome of the game." Pretty smart man I'd say.

Can you find me one of the Spurs in recent times ??
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #22
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Can you find me one of the Spurs in recent times ??
Please just read what I wrote or ignore it, your choice.

All I wanted to do is congratulate the Warriors on a great season, nothing more.

Good luck to the Spurs in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0