sDrive18i Manual $49,455
sDrive18i Steptronic $51,721
sDrive20d Manual $55,429
sDrive20d Steptronic $57,695
xDrive20d Manual $58,941
xDrive20d Steptronic $61,207
xDrive25i Steptronic $63,538
xDrive23d Steptronic $ 65,719
These prices are driveaway in Australia.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #69
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1

Hey guys
If there's any further clarification required regarding the Luxury Car Tax discount in Australia, check out:
http://www.strattonfinance.com.au/ca...explained.aspx

Current combined fuel efficiency for X1s here in Aus (l/100 km) are:
sDrive18i: 8.2 [8.4 auto]
sDrive20d: 5.3 [5.9 auto] (< 7L/100 kms and thus eligible for LCT discount)
xDrive20d: 5.8 [6.2 auto] (< 7L/100 kms and thus eligible for LCT discount)
xDrive25i: 9.3
xDrive23d: 6.3 (< 7L/100 kms and thus eligible for LCT discount)

So, in Aus, if you buy a sDrive20d, xDrive20d or xDrive23d and all your specs total less than $75,375), you'd be entitled to deduction of the LCT and about 30% off the price of the accessories only.

Quite significant savings can be made taking into account what model you want and how many specs you order; you could only order ~ $20k worth of specs for the sDrive20d compared to ~ $10k of specs for the xDrive23d (not easy to keep under $10k!) if you wanted to be eligible for the discount.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #70
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Need opinion on price:
X1 Xdrive23d
Pro Nav
PDC (F+R)
Reverse Camera
Leather
Xenons (+washers)
Roof
18" alloys (322's)
Lights package
Sport seats
Shadowline
Anthracite headliner
Voice control
Comfort Access

Quoted $83K on road in WA.

Thoughts?
      07-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #71
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey BMWDave
Nice choice of specs there on whats a fairly loaded model. You thought about getting the Design Cool Elegance selection? Depends on what colour leather you want inside of course.
I think its fairly reasonable for that price, though I'd have to go through and add up the accessories myself
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #72
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxx View Post
Hey BMWDave
Nice choice of specs there on whats a fairly loaded model. You thought about getting the Design Cool Elegance selection?
Yes, I did look at the Cool Elegance pack but to be honest, it's not my choice of colour/trim. If i'm ordering new, I'd rather get it just as I like, obviously that freedom comes at a price.

I didn't think it's a bad deal, although I reckon I can push them that little bit further on the day if I say I'll sign on the dotted line then and there if they come to the party. I'm also going to get them to price my 135i and see what sort of changeover we're looking at.

Thanks for your feedback though. When I first drove the 23d I wasn't even seriously considering it really, more just curious but it really surprised me and the looks I actually really like.

Thinking black (non-metallic) with the red/brown interior. With the shadowline trim and some nice tinted windows, should look mint.
      07-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #73
frayedsheet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jeep GC Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDave View Post
Need opinion on price:
X1 Xdrive23d
Pro Nav
PDC (F+R)
Reverse Camera
Leather
Xenons (+washers)
Roof
18" alloys (322's)
Lights package
Sport seats
Shadowline
Anthracite headliner
Voice control
Comfort Access

Thoughts?
Ditch the F&R sensors... its a SMALL car... and you have good forward visibility.

Same goes for the camera. You get a great visual display of the sensors when reversing. Much more reliable that the camera image.

Lights package? really!?!

Shadowline is very subtle for the cash.

Voice control - it already comes with basic voice control for dialing phone numbers etc.. that should be enough.

Comfort access is an awful lot for the convenience it provides! and then where do you put the key?

Ditch that lot and it will be 77K
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #74
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedsheet View Post
Ditch the F&R sensors... its a SMALL car... and you have good forward visibility.

Same goes for the camera. You get a great visual display of the sensors when reversing. Much more reliable that the camera image.

Voice control - it already comes with basic voice control for dialing phone numbers etc.. that should be enough.

Comfort access is an awful lot for the convenience it provides! and then where do you put the key?

Thanks for your input and opinion.

The above list was as I spec'd it in the showroom on the day without too much thought. If I were to go back and order, I'd probably refine a few selections, like delete the Comfort Access and the Voice Control and add Performance Control.

Lights package I selected cause I have it on my 135i and I really like it. So yeah. Really.

The parking sensors are handy regardless of the size of the car and the rear camera is only a small expense in the scheme of things if you're already paying for the F+R sensors and pro nav screen.

I'm thinking of going for a black x1 so the shadowline will help with the blackout look, and again, I'm used to it on the 135i, though I agree, it's a lot of coin for aesthetics only. I may yet drop that but it'll come down to the deal I can do. I prefer the shadowline but I'm not made of money either.

I'd be pretty happy with that lot on the road for no more than $80K.
      07-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #75
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedsheet View Post

Sort of agree although we have a slightly different requirement here in the UK. I also don't know how the options differ in price between Oz and the UK but for what its worth my comments:

Sat Nav - I would ditch that and get a good aftermarket one at a tenth of the price. I have said this elsewhere that my Garmin outperforms the built in one. There are some postcode issues as well that still needs to be resolved. If having onboard power etc is important BMW make (and fit) one thats on the accessory list.

Parking Sensors - I would keep these. Visibility at the back especially is not that great (not bad but the tail is high). Again important here in the UK with our narrow streets and tiny parking spaces.

Rear Camera - Looks cool but not that important if you have sensors. The option also forces you to take the Sat Nav option.

Lights Package - A must in my opinion. Gives some nice touches for little money.

Voice Control - Not sure what you mean it comes with basic voice control. In the UK there is no voice control unless you specify the option 620

Comfort Access - Agree, its nice but very expensive and personally cannot see the point. Rather spend the money on a Hi Fi upgrade.

Anthracite Headliner - Only goes with certain interior trims in my opinion. For example I have chosen the Black Leather interior and this option just makes it too black/dark

Again a lot comes down to personal preference but.....

You have a high spec there BMWDave but some are missing:

Bluetooth?
Rainsensors and AutoLights - Cheap option but makes a big difference
Extended Storage?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #76
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post

You have a high spec there BMWDave but some are missing:

Bluetooth?
Rainsensors and AutoLights - Cheap option but makes a big difference
Extended Storage?
Our 23d's come standard with rainsensors and autolights + bluetooth + basic voice control for telephone.

Not sure about the extended storage?

If I wasn't going the nav, I wouldn't be going the camera. As I said to frayedsheet, once you go nave for AUD$4.5K, another A$900 isn't much for the camera and I think it's pretty cool. I plan on keeping this car a long time so figured I'd spec up the nav (i know portable unit as good if not better).

As for the headliner, I'm thinking going the red leather so it should contrast nicely.

Cheers
      07-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #77
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Our 23d's come standard with rainsensors and autolights + bluetooth + basic voice control for telephone.

Not sure about the extended storage?

If I wasn't going the nav, I wouldn't be going the camera. As I said to frayedsheet, once you go nave for AUD$4.5K, another A$900 isn't much for the camera and I think it's pretty cool. I plan on keeping this car a long time so figured I'd spec up the nav (i know portable unit as good if not better).

As for the headliner, I'm thinking going the red leather so it should contrast nicely.

Cheers
OK, sounds as if the base model in Oz is a higher spec than here. Our base 2.3d comes in at the equivalent of AUD$53 000. In the UK the storage pack adds cup holders, storage pockets behind the front seats, undertray storage and extra power socket in the boot. We also have a Comfort Pack which adds PDC F/R, extended lights, auto lights and wipers at a small discount. On the continent they also have a media pack which bundles sat nav/phone/voice etc. Its strange that there are these small differences
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #78
yohans
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
OK, sounds as if the base model in Oz is a higher spec than here. Our base 2.3d comes in at the equivalent of AUD$53 000. In the UK the storage pack adds cup holders, storage pockets behind the front seats, undertray storage and extra power socket in the boot. We also have a Comfort Pack which adds PDC F/R, extended lights, auto lights and wipers at a small discount. On the continent they also have a media pack which bundles sat nav/phone/voice etc. Its strange that there are these small differences
In my view the SatNav is a must have as it provides the iDrive and together they integrate all the electronics really well. So the telephone through Bluetooth and with Voice Control, the iPod interface, the SatNav itself, the radio and CD player. They all just work amazingly well together and integrated with the steering wheel controls.

I have the business version of the SatNav.

I'd suggest you downgrade SatNav to Business and ditch the rear camera and extended lights.

For the non-aussies here in Aus we also have the extended storage as standard.

I have:
xDrive20
Auto
Roof
322 Alloys
X line
Comfort Access
Leather
PDC
Business Nav
Anthracite Headliner

Plus we have a fairly high level of standard specs:
Bluetooth
Auto dim mirrors
Auto headlights
Fog lights
Rain sensors
Roof Rails
Sports Steering Wheel
Cruise
Rear PDC (correction: was listed as front, corrected to rear)
Automatic Aircon
Prof Radio
Arm rest/cup holders
Luggage nets
Storage package
Glasses holder
USB Audio i/face
Basic Voice control for the telephone

I've probably missed some or called some out that are not unique to Aus

cheers

Last edited by yohans; 07-03-2010 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: Correction on std specs PDC
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #79
twentyten
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3

Yohans may be able to confirm or deny, but I think there are issues with the comfort access, the owner of BMW car magazine here in the UK has a M3 with it, and it keeps flattening the battery.

IIRC it's to do with keeping the key far enough away from your car when it's parked outside your house, apparently if they're in range, the car can't shut down properly, leading to a flat battery.

Google it you might find out more.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #80
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey BMWDave, no probs. For sure you should get the interior combination that you want for sure.

We are fairly lucky here in Aus that we have a relatively more standard equipment of options, that isnt the case in other countries.

Packages and standard equipment varies quite a lot amongst different BMW models in different countries. It all relates to different climates/driving conditions etc which is understandable. Here in Aus we only have the Design Cool Elegance package, and that's it.

I'm getting the Sat Nav too, only for the iDrive/computer integration options for music etc.; I don't actually really need/want the Sat Nav function particularly, but will use it since I'll have it.

Glad to hear opinions about the PDC sensors from frayedsheet. I wasn't sure if I should get the reversing camera or not. PDC rear sensors are standard (front PDC are optional) here in Aus, regardless of whether you have Sat Nav or not. Good to hear thats enough
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #81
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Need opinion on price:
X1 Xdrive23d
Pro Nav
PDC (F+R)
Reverse Camera
Leather
- Xenons (+washers)
Roof
18" alloys (322's)
- Lights package
- Sport seats
Shadowline
- Anthracite headliner
- Voice control
- Comfort Access
+ Metallic Black
+ Heated Seats
+ Performance Control

Thoughts?
Added +/- to your options above to adjust for my combination. I took delivery of new X1 three weeks ago. Was $79k on road in SA. Ordered in January so didn't get much opportunity for negotiation on price.

Highly recommend performance control. Went for a hard drive in hills on the weekend and couldn't get it to understeer at all. Totally amazing for such a vehicle.

Ignore comments about reversing camera, it is great (especially if your wife is driving). Wish I got sport seats, have M-sport seats in the 325 and my wife and I miss them in the X1.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #82
yohans
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyten View Post
Yohans may be able to confirm or deny, but I think there are issues with the comfort access, the owner of BMW car magazine here in the UK has a M3 with it, and it keeps flattening the battery.

IIRC it's to do with keeping the key far enough away from your car when it's parked outside your house, apparently if they're in range, the car can't shut down properly, leading to a flat battery.

Google it you might find out more.

Mike
I have had no problem with comfort access. It works very well. I'm still finding out little nuances with it (in fact the whole car). Found out that if you have gotten out of the car and are about to lock it by touching the door handle and then realise that you left the sunroof open and want to close it, that all you need to do is touch the door handle twice and it closes the sunroof as well as locking the car. Nice
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #83
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andret View Post
Added +/- to your options above to adjust for my combination. I took delivery of new X1 three weeks ago. Was $79k on road in SA. Ordered in January so didn't get much opportunity for negotiation on price.

Highly recommend performance control. Went for a hard drive in hills on the weekend and couldn't get it to understeer at all. Totally amazing for such a vehicle.

Ignore comments about reversing camera, it is great (especially if your wife is driving). Wish I got sport seats, have M-sport seats in the 325 and my wife and I miss them in the X1.
Thanks for your input. I went in on Tuesday to have my 135i valued and they flat out insulted me with an offer of $48K to which I simply said, "That's just insulting" and walked off. (They have the only two in WA for sale, comparable condition and kms for $72K + onroads each or thereabout). I got a call about 30 mins later from the salesman apologising for the valuation and begging me to come in again for another go at a deal. I'm off again today and I'm not going to be giving them an inch. I'll buy from over east if I have to. I'm an accountant, so you don't want to try and screw me on the numbers!

Andret, yours sounds like a nicely spec'd vehicle at a reasonable price. I've definitely decided to tick the performance control box and remove comfort access and voice control. All the other options I plan to keep cause it's my car and those specs suit me (and will suit missus/parents or anyone else driving it and not familiar with the car).

Will let you know how I get on.
      07-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #84
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Righteo. They continued to insult the value of my 135i but have come to the party on the X1.

Offer:
Xdrive 23d, pro nav, 322 style 18"s, leather, PDC (F+R), reverse camera, shadowline, lights package, sport seats, anthracite headliner, performance control, xenons, pano roof

On road for $78K.

Now THAT's a decent price! Unfortunately due to their crappy trade in price for the 135i, I've declined to sign for now and will put the 135i up for sale privately and see if I can get the same deal once it's sold. There are only two for sale in WA so hopefully I can snag a buyer quickly.
      07-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #85
boxx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thats good work BMWDave; getting BMW to knock any price off a new model such as the X1 is no mean feat.
I suspect you can probably get a better sale privately for your 135i; dealers always offer less for trade ins, I believe
ETA: have they given you a delivery date as well?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #86
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
If I pull the trigger on the X1, I'll actually request a post Sept 2010 build car as we're getting close to the end of the MY10 models and Sept will bring the start of the MY11 cars. So i'm probably looking Dec 2010 or Jan 2011. I may sit on the whole thing and put the wheels in motion in about a month's time.
      07-09-2010, 03:21 AM   #87
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
If I pull the trigger on the X1, I'll actually request a post Sept 2010 build car as we're getting close to the end of the MY10 models and Sept will bring the start of the MY11 cars. So i'm probably looking Dec 2010 or Jan 2011. I may sit on the whole thing and put the wheels in motion in about a month's time.
Good luck with selling the 135i, its a really nice car. Are you not going to miss the performance? We have the same problem here in the UK wrt trade-ins. Convenient, but you take a big knock on the price. I have always thought the dealers make more profit on a second hand car than they do on a nes one!

Not many changes for the MY11, I have listed them elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #88
s4008616
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 991 Carrera S

Quote:
Righteo. They continued to insult the value of my 135i but have come to the party on the X1.

Offer:
Xdrive 23d, pro nav, 322 style 18"s, leather, PDC (F+R), reverse camera, shadowline, lights package, sport seats, anthracite headliner, performance control, xenons, pano roof

On road for $78K.

Now THAT's a decent price! Unfortunately due to their crappy trade in price for the 135i, I've declined to sign for now and will put the 135i up for sale privately and see if I can get the same deal once it's sold. There are only two for sale in WA so hopefully I can snag a buyer quickly.
I am looking at getting an X1 too and I actually sit down to do the sum of your deal.
Full price of the deal (according to the price table on page 1, before LCT - LCT is insignificant anyway as it is only slightly above $75000) is $81457, so at $78000, they are only giving you $3500 discount.
Not trying to have a go at you but that price, $78000 is not really that exciting.
BMW E92 335i 2008 (SOLD)

Last edited by s4008616; 07-09-2010 at 05:24 AM..
Appreciate 0