Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

08-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #23
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

I'd buy the car, and if I really cared about it, I'd spend $100 to install whatever I needed to make it work.

I agree with everything else you said. It just sticks in my craw that you can't spend $100 to upgrade this particular BMW. I don't give a crap about nav, and resent the absurd price of this option on ALL cars, but BMW makes their lower end systems unhackable, if you want digital quality. (except for the aforesaid USB flash drive)
Would I have bought the car I did knowing what I now know? Yes, but I would have had some leverage for upgrading to a different system. If you care about music, the mini-plug interface is horrible. On my year, you could option enhanced BT/USB, without buying the nav, IIRC. Still, I love the car, so...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #24
Shock96
That was a hell of a thing...
Rep
Drives: 2013 xDrive 35i M Sport

I bought mine based on driving experience and comfort. The iDrive would have been nice, but not necessary for a drivers car.

The biggest gripe I have is the almost universal inability of the stock radio to keep latched on to HD signals. It vacillates between ST and HD, sometimes every 2-3 seconds. Even when you are close to the HD signal. Drives me nutz.

As far as backup cameras go, the car is small so I don't think it is necessary.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #25
Riche3
Rep
Drives: X Drive , Jet Black Shines

If got idrive fitted you get 2x USB ports
      08-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #26
stratplexi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 Xdrive

I made sure my X1 did not have the nav package. No way I was going to pay 5% of the price of the car for that option. It's free on my phone and easier to use. As far music, I am fine with the radio or plug my phone.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #27
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplexi View Post
I made sure my X1 did not have the nav package. No way I was going to pay 5% of the price of the car for that option. It's free on my phone and easier to use. As far music, I am fine with the radio or plug my phone.
So called "tech packages" are probably one of the largest profit points for manufacturers. Maybe sunroofs?
Appreciate 0