XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #23
tompak23d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Hmm, as I am reading this thread I begin to have som thoughts...

You can not compare the X1 with another SUV, I belive it is only the Mini Countryman that is a competitor and that is SAV...

The Q5 goes against the X3 and GLK. Dont even mention the Asian cars, they do not belong here (but they are really good cars). Not the Swedish joke Volvo Xc60 either (yes I am Swedish but that car belongs in China with itīs cheap interior).

Happy new year BTW
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 11:37 AM   #24
Blofelds_cat
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: April '11 sDrive 18

I fully agree - Q5 faces X3, not X1.
I would not call XC60 a joke car, this is just a chineese car of a chineese brand And the only SwedCar left is Dutch-Russian-Swedish SAAB, but those guys are quite close to death, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #25
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Tompak, that's a horrific thing to say about the XC60 - I've sat in one and it's interior is better than any equivalent German car's.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 02:39 PM   #26
tompak23d
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
Tompak, that's a horrific thing to say about the XC60 - I've sat in one and it's interior is better than any equivalent German car's.
Well what German cars have you sat in? A Trabant?

I purchased my X1 after looking at Q5, X3, GLK and Xc60. All of these cars were to big for me, the X1 suited me perfectually. I canīt in my life see how you can say that the interior is better in a Xc60

BUT... Comparing the other cars, the interior quality of the Xc60 was a big joke, hard plastic interior, the other cars had much higher quality. I donīt have anything against swedish cars, I also own a Xc90, which has a much higher interior quality than the Xc60...

But, this is my own opinion, I donīt blame them who choose an Xc90.

Good luck with your choices...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #27
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicm View Post
I would not say it's better than Merc/BMW/Audi/Porsche/VW but probably better than the rest. Thing is Manicm, people here in Europe have a slightly different view of Volvo than in SA. I know I did. Having driven both XC60 and XC90 I can tell you that like for like it's no contest with BMW. Worst is the engines although I understand the xc90 is not too bad off road. oh and they are very expensive a s well.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #28
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Ditto.
      01-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #29
OliNZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMWx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
Hmm, as I am reading this thread I begin to have som thoughts...

You can not compare the X1 with another SUV, I belive it is only the Mini Countryman that is a competitor and that is SAV...

The Q5 goes against the X3 and GLK. Dont even mention the Asian cars, they do not belong here (but they are really good cars). Not the Swedish joke Volvo Xc60 either (yes I am Swedish but that car belongs in China with itīs cheap interior).

Happy new year BTW
I am pretty sure the XC60s and the rest of the Volvo range are going to be 100% made in Sweden, it would be a commercial suicide if Volvo's chinese owners decided to make its cars in China.
Geely(Volvo's new chinese owner) bought Volvo so that they can strengthen its product's major weakness, its horrific product safety records, and having a name like Volvo as its subsidiary and sprinkled with some marketing skills, the local Chinese consumers would simply prefer Geely over other Chinese car makers.

The Swedes are not losing their job to the cheap Chinese labour, yet
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #30
tompak23d
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliNZ View Post
I am pretty sure the XC60s and the rest of the Volvo range are going to be 100% made in Sweden, it would be a commercial suicide if Volvo's chinese owners decided to make its cars in China.
Geely(Volvo's new chinese owner) bought Volvo so that they can strengthen its product's major weakness, its horrific product safety records, and having a name like Volvo as its subsidiary and sprinkled with some marketing skills, the local Chinese consumers would simply prefer Geely over other Chinese car makers.

The Swedes are not losing their job to the cheap Chinese labour, yet
Well, letīs hope so, but there can be a production in China because of the high penalty taxes the Chinese governement puts on the manuafcters that do not have factories in China. But often the factories just produces for the Chinese market.
Appreciate 0