Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

10-03-2023, 10:27 AM   #1
Allworth
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d (E84)

Cabin air pollen filter replacement

As I just got this car recently, I've made a decision to replace a cabin filter and after checking a history its been done about 2 years ago, which is a normal interval. However, I was getting a lot of unpleasant smells including nox gases and just permanently stinky smell of some bacteria perhaps.
Now the smell is gone, and it seems that only time when gases I am getting is when reversing! Yet to do more testing.

Something I wanted to share is;
- A rubber that seals a wiper (picture 1, already fixed) was out of place, which means some of air was sucked avoiding the filter.

- A new filter actually has foam around (picture 2), which gives it a better seals around housing, comparing to an old one. It also pretends to have an antibacterial properties for a long run.

update:
a bit of my own exhaust gases are getting in anyway when stationary / reversing. Maybe leaking from other parts of the car. /shrug
Attached Images

Last edited by Allworth; 10-03-2023 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0