XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 -Mineral Grey

HELP: GOt the VIN number.. how do i know which ship to track?

need help in tracking my car baby...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
dmegeath
Rep
Drives: X1

Great thread on this can be read at this site
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
dmegeath
Rep
Drives: X1

Follow up -

So look at the Live Ships Map and adjust it to the port at Bremerhaven and see what ships are docked. In my case I saw the TOPEKA.

The line Wallenius Wilhemlmsen transports a lot of BMW's. From their web site, I could then look at the schedules and drill down into the TOPEKA.

Days later after figuring this out, my CA emailed me with the shipping info - there is usually a few days' delay for this to get through the BMW system.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
phames
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive281 M Sport

The BMWblog site referenced is a little out of date, but still it is the best place to start. You need to start looking at the Wallenius-Wilhelmsen track and trace area and start seeing what cars are loaded on what ships. The site uses wildcards which allows you to enter partial VINs. If you are lucky your car wil be on a W-W ship and you will get direct feedback. My was on a K-Line ship and they don't provide any details. However, by watching the progress on teh BMWUSA site you can infer what ship your car will be on. There are a number of steps between VIN and sailing though, the car is built, then shipped to the port, then it can be traced on a ship.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phames View Post
The BMWblog site referenced is a little out of date, but still it is the best place to start. You need to start looking at the Wallenius-Wilhelmsen track and trace area and start seeing what cars are loaded on what ships. The site uses wildcards which allows you to enter partial VINs. If you are lucky your car wil be on a W-W ship and you will get direct feedback. My was on a K-Line ship and they don't provide any details. However, by watching the progress on teh BMWUSA site you can infer what ship your car will be on. There are a number of steps between VIN and sailing though, the car is built, then shipped to the port, then it can be traced on a ship.

i entered the VIN # but says " NOT FOUND "....would it be safe to assume that its either in the K-Line. BMW status is en route.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmegeath View Post
Follow up -

So look at the Live Ships Map and adjust it to the port at Bremerhaven and see what ships are docked. In my case I saw the TOPEKA.

The line Wallenius Wilhemlmsen transports a lot of BMW's. From their web site, I could then look at the schedules and drill down into the TOPEKA.

Days later after figuring this out, my CA emailed me with the shipping info - there is usually a few days' delay for this to get through the BMW system.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help.... i tried to enter the VIN number for the W&W..but it said "NOT FOUND"... i am assuming it's with the K-Line. i dunno. but status on BMW said en route to the U.S
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syle View Post
Thank you for your help.... i tried to enter the VIN number for the W&W..but it said "NOT FOUND"... i am assuming it's with the K-Line. i dunno. but status on BMW said en route to the U.S

All i know from the Dealer is that it will be arriving in Georgia. but still have no clue as to what carrier
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
All i know from the Dealer is that it will be arriving in Georgia. but still have no clue as to what carrier
If it's coming to Brunswick, it will be W&W, though you might not be able to track it via the W&W website. My VIN never pulled up a record on their site.

Also, the BMW website and phone status are rather slow in updating.

Your best bet is to get the ship name from the dealer when it is shipped, and just get the ship schedule from the W&W site.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B. View Post
If it's coming to Brunswick, it will be W&W, though you might not be able to track it via the W&W website. My VIN never pulled up a record on their site.

Also, the BMW website and phone status are rather slow in updating.

Your best bet is to get the ship name from the dealer when it is shipped, and just get the ship schedule from the W&W site.
Not totally accurate.
Ours arrived into Brunswick on K-Line ship Florida Highway on Friday. K-Line have a number of ships that route Bremerhaven-Baltimore-Brunswick-Charleston.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtexan View Post
Not totally accurate.
Ours arrived into Brunswick on K-Line ship Florida Highway on Friday. K-Line have a number of ships that route Bremerhaven-Baltimore-Brunswick-Charleston.
I stand corrected. I thought k-line was only doing west coast deliveries...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
phames
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive281 M Sport

You can get a PDF of the K-Line schedule here http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j..._pk2ZMcL6RUx7A
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Thank you all for your help..... i did look at the schedule Kline... and saw a departure Nov. 3 and heading to Brunswick... i hope this is where my baby is.... i work night shift so i was not able to call the SA but i did email him tonight. All i know is ETA to Brunswick according to him was Nov. 14-15....Thanks again guys... i guess it will be home by Thanksgiving day <3

for now, this is how i feel :
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #13
MidgetInBikini
SFBA Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E84 N20 28i

How many weeks did you receive your VIN after placing your order? I placed mine on 2nd of Nov and up to now, the production phase hasn't start.. The waiting is the worst part !!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #14
Christian.F
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F97

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetInBikini
How many weeks did you receive your VIN after placing your order? I placed mine on 2nd of Nov and up to now, the production phase hasn't start.. The waiting is the worst part !!
The website is really delayed. Call dealership, they would know much better
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #15
MidgetInBikini
SFBA Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfrem15 View Post
I haven't tried calling in my dealership. Tried calling BMW USA automated call center tho'. the machine said, my car is scheduled for production but no fixed date yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #16
Dandaman184
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetInBikini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfrem15 View Post
I haven't tried calling in my dealership. Tried calling BMW USA automated call center tho'. the machine said, my car is scheduled for production but no fixed date yet.
The machine still says that for me and I take delivery tomorrow. So take it with a grain of salt. If you talk to a real person on the BMW USA hotline they can help you more
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #17
MidgetInBikini
SFBA Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
need help in tracking my car baby...
how long till you get your VIN after placing the order?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #18
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetInBikini View Post
how long till you get your VIN after placing the order?
i ordered mine on a monday and by Saturday i checked online with the product number and saw that there was a vin number assigned to it. I believe as soon as it goes on production.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
two-five boy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

According to bmwusa, mine has completed production since oct 29 but it has remained in same status with no vin# assigned. I hope it's on the same ship that syle mentioned but am not holding my breath on it. Does anyone know how frequently do ships make their way over to the east coast?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #20
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-five boy View Post
According to bmwusa, mine has completed production since oct 29 but it has remained in same status with no vin# assigned. I hope it's on the same ship that syle mentioned but am not holding my breath on it. Does anyone know how frequently do ships make their way over to the east coast?

My suggestion to you is call your dealer (SA) and ask for your VIN number, they should know... some people suggested on asking about the ship name.. i did that but unfortunately my dealer didn't know what ship my carbaby is on... Here is my timeline though....

Ordered: October 8 monday - @ the dealership
October 13 saturday- my car went on Production (checked the website and got a VIN number)
October 20: - Production DONE
November 2: Checked the website and said: "Car en Route"
November 4: Called Dealer and ask about ship and stuff.. and he said ETA Nov.14-16 in Brunswick, GA.
November 15 now at 1:06 ---- still waiting....

hehehe....
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Carbaby is HERE (well, at the dealer) will be picking "him" coz i'm a girl tomorrow... i will post pics as soon as i get a chance... <3

Appreciate 0