XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

08-20-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

6NR Connected Drive retrofit - has anyone done it here in Australia

I saw BimmerTech does this so sent an email twice but never heard back.. So does anyone know if there's anyone here in Australia that does similar retrofitting? Thanks

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep

In addition, does anyone without integrated SIM in the vehicle been able to have it retrofitted without fitting in the in-car SIM?

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
I saw BimmerTech does this so sent an email twice but never heard back.. So does anyone know if there's anyone here in Australia that does similar retrofitting? Thanks
I am sorry if you did not receive a reply from us. We usually reply the same day but if you are still looking for an upgrade for your X1 please get in touch with us.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
I am sorry if you did not receive a reply from us. We usually reply the same day but if you are still looking for an upgrade for your X1 please get in touch with us.
I have had chat with other guys as well who does the retrofitting and since I'm just 6 mths into warranty and servicing I risk getting them wiped out by BMW Service Centre with possibility of them making it impossible to remotely import/activate fsc codes . Hence have suppressed my dream of getting one may be until my warranty expires. Anyway, thank you for the reply

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

Quote:
I have had chat with other guys as well who does the retrofitting and since I'm just 6 mths into warranty and servicing I risk getting them wiped out by BMW Service Centre with possibility of them making it impossible to remotely import/activate fsc codes . Hence have suppressed my dream of getting one may be until my warranty expires. Anyway, thank you for the reply
You talked to the wrong guys
No problem to reactivate FSC even if your dealer wipes it out.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
You talked to the wrong guys
No problem to reactivate FSC even if your dealer wipes it out.
Sounds good However, below are my concerns..

It wasn't that the fsc codes couldn't be reimported/activated once dealer wipes it, it's that, I was advised, in some cases I might have to send the whole CIC unit itself to them to be able to reimport/activate fsc code which I don't think is feasible.

Since, I'm in Australia, I guess I'll have to do the wiring/installation myself esp. for 6NF base plate that I want along with 6NR. This is my first bimmer, first car and a brand new one. So, I want to make sure what I'm doing before I start doing it. I started a whole new thread requesting for some instructions here..

What are the things I require for you guys to do remote fsc code importation/activation? Do you guys provide them? Also, if dealer were to wipe it off what's the cost to get a new fsc code and to reimport/reactivate it?

Here's what I'm actually after:
I already have 6NS base plate in my centre armrest. Since it doesn't support video I want to replace it with 6NF base plate and be able to use media snap-in adapter that I have now for iPhone 4/4s for videos. Since I need 6NR for it to work, I'm looking at getting 6NR + 6NF and hence be able to use BMW Apps, plugins and the video. At the moment my car is equipped with Pro Nav (609), Convenience Telephony (6NS) and Internet (614). I'm not sure about combox as I can't see it listed anywhere in my order list

What would be the initial cost to have this activated/installed on my car first time?

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good However, below are my concerns..

It wasn't that the fsc codes couldn't be reimported/activated once dealer wipes it, it's that, I was advised, in some cases I might have to send the whole CIC unit itself to them to be able to reimport/activate fsc code which I don't think is feasible.

Since, I'm in Australia, I guess I'll have to do the wiring/installation myself esp. for 6NF base plate that I want along with 6NR. This is my first bimmer, first car and a brand new one. So, I want to make sure what I'm doing before I start doing it. I started a whole new thread requesting for some instructions here..

What are the things I require for you guys to do remote fsc code importation/activation? Do you guys provide them? Also, if dealer were to wipe it off what's the cost to get a new fsc code and to reimport/reactivate it?

Here's what I'm actually after:
I already have 6NS base plate in my centre armrest. Since it doesn't support video I want to replace it with 6NF base plate and be able to use media snap-in adapter that I have now for iPhone 4/4s for videos. Since I need 6NR for it to work, I'm looking at getting 6NR + 6NF and hence be able to use BMW Apps, plugins and the video. At the moment my car is equipped with Pro Nav (609), Convenience Telephony (6NS) and Internet (614). I'm not sure about combox as I can't see it listed anywhere in my order list

What would be the initial cost to have this activated/installed on my car first time?
I can see at least three threads where you posted pretty much the same questions about this retrofit and I am not even sure where I should answer them

None of our customers had to send the CIC back to us to have the 6NR reactivated. EVER. So I wouldn't be worried about it...

If you want us to help you we need your VIN to start with. You can email it to info@bimmer-tech.net and we will get back to you with a quote.

You can also check if we have any installer in your area if you do not want to install it yourself:
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/dealers

However if you have a cradle the installation is not that difficult and you will receive instructions from us.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #8
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

What if you have the standard stereo, and no iDrive, etc? Would it cost over $600 US just to make the USB work with an iPod? I may get a custom audio installation if this' the case. I'm so pissed at BMW for making you pay extra for what KIA gives you for free. Adding salt to the wound; the inputs are there, they just aren't fully functional. Mine won't even play flash drives properly.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeevette View Post
What if you have the standard stereo, and no iDrive, etc? Would it cost over $600 US just to make the USB work with an iPod? I may get a custom audio installation if this' the case. I'm so pissed at BMW for making you pay extra for what KIA gives you for free. Adding salt to the wound; the inputs are there, they just aren't fully functional. Mine won't even play flash drives properly.
Send us your VIN by email and tell us what features you would like to add and we will check what can be done.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #10
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
I can see at least three threads where you posted pretty much the same questions about this retrofit and I am not even sure where I should answer them

None of our customers had to send the CIC back to us to have the 6NR reactivated. EVER. So I wouldn't be worried about it...

If you want us to help you we need your VIN to start with. You can email it to info@bimmer-tech.net and we will get back to you with a quote.

You can also check if we have any installer in your area if you do not want to install it yourself:
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/dealers

However if you have a cradle the installation is not that difficult and you will receive instructions from us.
Thanks for the reply. Glad to know that you guys have dealers in Sydney as well

Email sent

My concern with the craddle is I have to take 6NS one off, disconnect the cables where ever they are connected to and then replace it with the 6NF craddle and reconnect the cables. Yeah instructions would help me decide if I can dare it

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0