XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

03-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

If they got the modified part I guess we shouldn't worry. If it ocurrs, it'll be swapped. What more can we do heh
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #24
Tiboon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 20d

Hello guys, info from my dealer from yesterday... oficial BMW service now have new SW for fix problem
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #25
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2 series 218i Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiboon View Post
Hello guys, info from my dealer from yesterday... oficial BMW service now have new SW for fix problem
Hope so Tiboon
My X1 1.8D has just 2,000 miles on it and this weekend we went up north for a run and on my first encounter with a steep hill take off the clutch judder was so bad I thought I was not going to be able pick away,
Phoned supplying BMW dealer and it's going in this Wednesday, so keep my fingers crossed they have a fix.
Attached Images

Last edited by BillQuarter; 03-20-2011 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Add Picture
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #26
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey William. Sorry to hear about your clutch problem. Do hope they'll have the fix ready. Please do let us know.

Also, you seem to have picked the same exterior choices as I have. Xline, no roof rails, those rims. So I would LOVE to see 1000 pictures of the car if you got more? Just ordered my. For the love of God please! Hm well I don't have the mud flaps. I see you added those. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #27
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kres7787 View Post
Hey William. Sorry to hear about your clutch problem. Do hope they'll have the fix ready. Please do let us know.

Also, you seem to have picked the same exterior choices as I have. Xline, no roof rails, those rims. So I would LOVE to see 1000 pictures of the car if you got more? Just ordered my. For the love of God please! Hm well I don't have the mud flaps. I see you added those. Nice.
Hi Kres
Yes mine has roof rails just a poor photograph.
Attached Images

Last edited by BillQuarter; 03-20-2011 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Harry Potter Rail Bridge
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #28
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Quote:

XLine no roof rails? Can this be done ?
      03-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #29
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks William!

@Gatekeeper: yeah course. There's aluminium and "black" roof rails. You can just not order any and it's flat roof then
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #30
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
Thanks William!

@Gatekeeper: yeah course. There's aluminium and "black" roof rails. You can just not order any and it's flat roof then
That I knew.
But my understanding was the X-Line was associated with aluminium rails.
In other words you can get aluminium roofrails without X-Line, but if you take X-Line alu roofrails are de facto included.

Last edited by Gatekeeper; 03-21-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nope nope. That at least isn't the case in Croatia. You can do any such combo without restrictions.

Hm maybe if you want al. roof rails you must get xline?? Dunno
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #32
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

03-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #33
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

lol

Just checked bmw.de configurator and it looks like:

1. You can get Xline and not get alu roof rails
2. You can't get alu roof rails without getting xline
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #34
robswall18
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F30 330e, F10 520d

Hi all, My wife hates her X1 because it is so hard to drive..she's had 320i's for the last 8 years ... I'm going to swap with her for a week to check that it may be clutch judder..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #35
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswall18 View Post
Hi all, My wife hates her X1 because it is so hard to drive..she's had 320i's for the last 8 years ... I'm going to swap with her for a week to check that it may be clutch judder..

What do you mean by "hard to drive" ?
      03-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #36
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah it can either be hard steering wheel, or the clutch judder... No other X1 farts I've heard so far...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 02:51 AM   #37
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it can either be hard steering wheel, or the clutch judder... No other X1 farts I've heard so far...
Spot on Kres
Heavy steering at slow speeds and that clutch judder, my car was checked out by the local BMW dealer for that dreaded clutch judder and the result is it's booked in on Monday, they advised me that BMW insist they carry out a software adjustment before they go ahead and replace the duel mass flywheel and clutch.
If the clutch has to be changed it will take them two days, but they are supplying me with a courtesy car in the mean time.
PS I like your X1 farts bit!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #38
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep

Quote:
You guys are a racket !
      03-24-2011, 07:13 AM   #39
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamT View Post
Spot on Kres
Heavy steering at slow speeds and that clutch judder, my car was checked out by the local BMW dealer for that dreaded clutch judder and the result is it's booked in on Monday, they advised me that BMW insist they carry out a software adjustment before they go ahead and replace the duel mass flywheel and clutch.
If the clutch has to be changed it will take them two days, but they are supplying me with a courtesy car in the mean time.
PS I like your X1 farts bit!
Yep total crap. I'm expecting a new car and expecting that issue to be present eventually as well. What a glorious feeling. But at least they know of the problem and resolution of it. Hence eh, it'll all be ok soon. x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
You guys are a racket !
In the meanwhile, we'll look like rackets (if I googled the word translation right ):

(something like that??) which is +1 for coolness
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #40
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey how does the car behave with that problem? I kind of imagined it like the above video. Ok I know it's far stretched... That was the point x)
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #41
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Hope so Tiboon
My X1 1.8D has just 2,000 miles on it and this weekend we went up north for a run and on my first encounter with a steep hill take off the clutch judder was so bad I thought I was not going to be able pick away,
Phoned supplying BMW dealer and it's going in this Wednesday, so keep my fingers crossed they have a fix.
Good news No clutch judder any more!
Got the car back yesterday from the BMW dealer, they carried out a software update on the car but they informed me that BMW advised them to removed the gearbox and inspect the duel mass flywheel and the clutch plate just in case, after inspection they were satisfied that all were within the tolerances given by BMW so did not require changing.
I can only go by what they have told me, but after trying out the car on the steepest hills around here, no clutch judder at all. and may be its my imagination but the car feels smoother at idle too.

Keep my fingers crossed the judder has gone for good.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #42
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Got the car back yesterday from the BMW dealer, they carried out a software update on the car but they informed me that BMW advised them to removed the gearbox and inspect the duel mass flywheel and the clutch plate just in case, after inspection they were satisfied that all were within the tolerances given by BMW so did not require changing.
I can only go by what they have told me, but after trying out the car on the steepest hills around here, no clutch judder at all. and may be its my imagination but the car feels smoother at idle too.

Good stuff William, hope they have it sorted now.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #43
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Excellent! Glad to hear it. Hope it's the end of the clutch judder for you!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #44
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

Clutch Judder is back, Just two weeks after it was in for repair! this time they have informed me they will change the duel mass flywheel and clutch plate and not just update the software
Appreciate 0