XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Today, 04:46 PM   #45
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post

I broke my phone this week. After arpaio got his pardon I declared i would avoid buying anything that'll benefit mostly the USA so I guess I'm now poaching my friends old phones. This is a pain in my ass but the fastest way for this madness to end is to cut out support from it.

You can't vote in their elections, but they sure as fuck listen when our wallets close.
I cancelled my vacation plans to go to the US this summer. Going to Ontario instead!
Appreciate 1
Lups9492.00

Today, 05:05 PM   #46
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I don't think that verse was used by the Nazis. They were atheists, and certainly didn't want to start quoting the Bible, as it went against everything they believed. (They did, however support Darwin).

Nokia got crushed because they didn't continue to innovate - the government and EU essentially discourage innovation
I think it's pretty well documented that the Nazis used the same verse based on my Google search...which also tells me that white religious leaders in South Africa used the same version to justify apartheid. Nazis weren't really atheists, from what I understand Nazism was basically a 'religion' itself based loosely on Christianity. Hitler was a baptized Roman Catholic so one would think his early live would play a part in Nazi doctrine.

Last edited by MrRoboto; Today at 05:11 PM.
Appreciate 1
Lups9492.00

Today, 05:06 PM   #47
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I cancelled my vacation plans to go to the US this summer. Going to Ontario instead!
My friend was getting married in Hawaii last spring. Then the magistrate saved them thousands and they looked really cool by making a (also, their guests kept telling them they wouldn't show up. That was around the Muslim ban thing but we around here fucking hate spending money and we band together when we see echoes from our own past.) distance wedding in to a low key one as a protest .

You did well. Thanks to nafta that's hard there but I truly suggest you spend a weekend and look at your purchases from the last month. Shopping is not hard when you learn to avoid certain companies and it's addicting to realize how much you spend on certain things too.

I'm still trying to figure out why I missed that part of canada on my roadtrip(Detroit. I'm a huge fan. I absolutely adored the city and the people!).

Please post pics of that tiny corner of Canada I missed on my drive through. As much as I go here against you all thanks to hockey and milk, I've been in a lot of countries and I've never been around people as great as yours.

But still. Milk bagging is wrong.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:18 PM   #48
Lups
Rep

Quote:
I think it's pretty well documented that the Nazis used the same verse based on my Google search, which also tells me that white religious leaders in South Africa used the same version to justify apartheid. Nazis weren't really atheists, from what I understand Nazism was basically a 'religion' itself based on Christianity. Hitler was a baptized Roman Catholic.
Just like I posted here way, way before... no baddies ever used it...

My own fucking grandmother quoted me that to make me stop pitching at her about her outdated views since the leaders were always right thanks to God.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in God but I've read the holy texts of many religions because those help a person to understand a ton of things. For what I've read I don't understand that verse being used since the whole ducking bible is about love and kisses.

A few people here have tried to argue how badly Koran is portrayed here thanks to extremists. Yeah well, Christians are doing the same right now.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.

Last edited by Lups; Today at 05:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:37 PM   #49
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
My friend was getting married in Hawaii last spring. Then the magistrate saved them thousands and they looked really cool by making a (also, their guests kept telling them they wouldn't show up. That was around the Muslim ban thing but we around here fucking hate spending money and we band together when we see echoes from our own past.) distance wedding in to a low key one as a protest .

You did well. Thanks to nafta that's hard there but I truly suggest you spend a weekend and look at your purchases from the last month. Shopping is not hard when you learn to avoid certain companies and it's addicting to realize how much you spend on certain things too.

I'm still trying to figure out why I missed that part of canada on my roadtrip(Detroit. I'm a huge fan. I absolutely adored the city and the people!).

Please post pics of that tiny corner of Canada I missed on my drive through. As much as I go here against you all thanks to hockey and milk, I've been in a lot of countries and I've never been around people as great as yours.

What are you on about now?!?!!
Attached Images

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:40 PM   #50
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I too am a huge fan on the USA. Many of my colleagues are US bases and I have travelled there many of times..love the people, places, etc. but I think we need to send a message to Trump. Let's just negotiate a fair deal and move on. I don't take kindly to foreign governments threatening my government or it's citizens.

Curious...where do you call home Lups?
Appreciate 1
Lups9492.00

Today, 05:43 PM   #51
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
What are you on about now?!?!!
I drove through that country! I saw free milk next to those bags!

But anyway, that's just milk. I'm all in on attacking Canadians on That issue nobody but me cares about but I think you're pretty ducked now when it comes to trade deals with developed nations.

Bag free milk is an issue fought by one. Taking kids from.their parents by using bible and showers as justification is an issue to everyone who has been taught history through fifth grade.

Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:51 PM   #52
Lups
Rep

Quote:
I too am a huge fan on the USA. Many of my colleagues are US bases and I have travelled there many of times..love the people, places, etc. but I think we need to send a message to Trump. Let's just negotiate a fair deal and move on. I don't take kindly to foreign governments threatening my government or it's citizens.

Curious...where do you call home Lups?
I've driven through like 40 something states of USA, and I loved it all. I love the people, I loved the weirdos.

I call home the place where I'm with my kids. I think one needs to contribute to the community they call home. I think I love and accept most of us but I think your home is also a place where you make a stand against the things you see as threats.

The world is my home. That makes me your neighbor.

Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:00 PM   #53
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I've driven through like 40 something states of USA, and I loved it all. I love the people, I loved the weirdos.

I call home the place where I'm with my kids. I think one needs to contribute to the community they call home. I think I love and accept most of us but I think your home is also a place where you make a stand against the things you see as threats.

The world is my home. That makes me your invader/squatter.
FTFY.
J/K

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:03 PM   #54
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
FTFY.
J/K
That's the best you could do?

Oh come on. Work harder

Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:50 PM   #55
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I don't think that verse was used by the Nazis. They were atheists, and certainly didn't want to start quoting the Bible, as it went against everything they believed. (They did, however support Darwin).

Nokia got crushed because they didn't continue to innovate - the government and EU essentially discourage innovation
It was not and I'm pretty sure that's the one. My own grandmother quoted the same verse to me.

Oh, and she was a piece of work. She lost a ton in the civil war we had though she wasn't around then but bitterness transforms lives better than anything. Her dating pool went to die first because of the soviet union, then with her high approval with the nazis beside them. You can see where I'm going with this for sure? No sleepovers with the grandma after I was seven and she told me I should die you for shaming my family because I had immigrant friends.

I've witnessed in my life what hate does, what treating others badly does. I'm okay with you having a completely different stance on what's going on right now, just as I expect you to understand that me calling you out here won't do shit. I trust that you respect my minimal effort of using my pennies to rebuke USA I see being formed.

Nokia kept on innovating. They just completely lost their balls. They had touch screen and all in the works and those got the axe thanks to leadership that was still on sugar high when they were the big shit and they thought they were set for life. Our text books here are filled with stories of those time and you can't graduate from university without bwing slapped around with that trout.

Did I mention that my husband was the youngest member in the nokia egg head team back then? I had a great view to the crash period. It was unreal.

It's even funnier when you watch the current big rollers doing the shit right. I'm absolutely certain their leadership teams do a prayer every night that ends with a "please do not let us be the next nokia".

Anyway. Behind that firm was a ton of my hombres and now it seems they all have learned from the lessons of yesterday. Considering how long nokia sucked in our youngest and best engineers I'm really glad to watch the wave it has produced.
It's not hate; the US and her citizens help the world more than any other country. We simply cannot throw open the doors to everyone who wants to be here, because it will crush us, and situations won't improve elsewhere in the world. We are 5% of the world's population, and our population has increased by 50% in the past 50 years. It's not hate - it's reality - though the left always plays the "hate" card.

It's ironic that the same people who advocate for open borders also advocate for abortion.

If the EU encouraged innovation, there would have been competitors to come in behind Nokia, but there were none. I certainly don't know the whole situation, but it's just logical that they wouldn't have been the only ones.