Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

X1 Ordered Today!

Well, placed our MY2011 X1 order today and should be here by end of Sept!

We kept the spec quite lean and here’s what we went for:
  • 1.8d
  • xDrive
  • Alpine White
  • V Spoke 17”
  • Anthracite/Silver Median Cloth
  • Satin Silver interior trim
  • Sun Protection Glass
  • Windscreen with grey shade band
  • Cruise Control
  • USB Interface
  • Bluetooth

Still deciding on whether to add the Xenon Headlights, what do yea reckon?

-

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Well, placed our MY2011 X1 order today and should be here by end of Sept!

We kept the spec quite lean and here’s what we went for:
  • 1.8d
  • xDrive
  • Alpine White
  • V Spoke 17”
  • Anthracite/Silver Median Cloth
  • Satin Silver interior trim
  • Sun Protection Glass
  • Windscreen with grey shade band
  • Cruise Control
  • USB Interface
  • Bluetooth

Still deciding on whether to add the Xenon Headlights, what do yea reckon?

-
Congratulations!

I would add the comfort pack before the xenons, you get some nice goodies with it, including the cruise control option you have already added. Which bluetooth did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Congratulations!

I would add the comfort pack before the xenons, you get some nice goodies with it, including the cruise control option you have already added. Which bluetooth did you go for?
Thanks mario

We ordered the 2011 spec Bluetooth option (6NN) Bluetooth hands free facility - £200

Regards the new 2011 comfort pack at £660, which now includes the Cruise Control at £230, leaving £430 on the other comfort pack options for which we would not see a lot of value or benefit - just our personal view.

I think we will add the Xenon Headlights as having had 2 cars with them, they make a big improvement with night driving over the standard lights. It's just that £600 is a fare old whack to pay.

-

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 03:18 AM   #4
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
I would add the comfort pack before the xenons
Hey mario

Having now thought about your comment, you have convinced me to add the new 2011 Comfort Package option! Looking at 2nd hand X1 specs, every one of them has the Comfort Package option, so not having it may raise some eyebrows when reselling.

The opposite appears to be the case regards the Xenon's on 2nd hand X1's - No one seams to have spec'd Xenon's on their X1's, so maybe a waste of £600 for this particular model of BMW. (3 Coupes, 5, 6, 7 and X5 series, yes, but maybe not X1s...)

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #5
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Hey mario

Having now thought about your comment, you have convinced me to add the new 2011 Comfort Package option! Looking at 2nd hand X1 specs, every one of them has the Comfort Package option, so not having it may raise some eyebrows when reselling.

The opposite appears to be the case regards the Xenon's on 2nd hand X1's - No one seams to have spec'd Xenon's on their X1's, so maybe a waste of £600 for this particular model of BMW. (3 Coupes, 5, 6, 7 and X5 series, yes, but maybe not X1s...)
Very few people I know add the xenons themselves. Most of those that you see on the road come as standard on the different cars. Wish it was true for the X1!.

Also have a look at the Storage Pack, you get a few extra bits for £105.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 04:55 AM   #6
senwar
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 x20drive

Congrats - however, Shouldn't you be speccing it how you want it and not based on what a resale may require?

I ordered xenons myself because I've had them on my last 2 cars and find them great. Doesn't bother me if it doesn't add value at a later date - I'll get value from my own use.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 05:13 AM   #7
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Congrats - however, Shouldn't you be speccing it how you want it and not based on what a resale may require?

I ordered xenons myself because I've had them on my last 2 cars and find them great. Doesn't bother me if it doesn't add value at a later date - I'll get value from my own use.
Thanks senwar

Totally agree to some extent e.g. we went with the 'not so safe' Alpine White because we really like how it looks on the X1, instead of the 'very safe' black or silver. But have added the Comfort Package - based on mario's comment and the fact that almost every 2nd hand X1 has it as an option.

Will still probably add the Xenon's, as like you, agree that they really add to the driving experience at night.

-

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
senwar
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 x20drive

Quote:
Thanks senwar

Totally agree to some extent e.g. we went with the 'not so safe' Alpine White because we really like how it looks on the X1, instead of the 'very safe' black or silver. But have added the Comfort Package - based on mario's comment and the fact that almost every 2nd hand X1 has it as an option.

Will still probably add the Xenon's, as like you, agree that they really add to the driving experience at night.

-
Nice one. I didn't add the comfort pack myself altho I ordered pre MY11 so may have done as I've ordered cruise anyway.

Good choice made anyway - the exciting (frustrating!) wait now eh! Lol
Appreciate 0