Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai3000 View Post
DDS2015, thanks for your opinion but the sales never said it is APPROX....he said it IS less...and I put deposit down right at that day which they should've grounded the car for me.
I don't get a free set of tires...I still need to drive back, and wait for them to change the tires back to the tires that I am supposed to have.
I understand that I can think more for them but WE are the customers.
The washer fluid is like when you go to a restaurant, order a BLT sandwich with fries as my side dish and missing the fries when the food got delivered.....should I blame the server? No, I shouldn't..it's not the server's fault...should I complain to the cashier? no, I shouldn't...it's not the cashier's fault...the only thing I can point out is...their carelessness of the restaurant or even their procedure and who can I go to? go to the kitchen to give the chef the piece of my mind? or the manager? or I should forget about it even I am paying the price? I believe you and I work hard for our money and I think our money should get its value.
Idrive...yes, you are right about the idea.
If they continued to use the vehicle as a demo after you put your deposit on it then yes, they are VERY in the wrong. But, like I said there are certain variances that need to be taken into account. I think that 1000 km isn't a huge deal (I've put 17500 km on my car in 6 months), but I understand your frustration.

Also, I was under the impression that you got to keep the winter tires. If not then I totally understand your frustration here as well. It isn't fair that you have to run back and forth after you've bought it. If they aren't letting you keep the tires then you should tell them that as a sign of good faith they should give them to you free of charge for all of the hassle and confusion. I'd be pissed to in your shoes (about the little things, not so much about the milage).

If I were in your shoes, I would waltz in to the manager's office and tell them that they screwed up and it's up to them to make it right. I don't know about Alberta, but in Mb a customer has 30 days to back out of a contract, which is another thing I'd hold over their head. Some ways that they could make it right are: give you those winter tires free of charge, give you an extended warranty (either free or at a huge discount). Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #24
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

When I bought mine I have noted the milleage and acknowledge every litle problem. Then I told them (manager and sales guy) that I will accept 3 km in plus, enough to fill it with gas. Also, any other imperfection or problem will cancel the deal.
However, the guy at the finance office put 80 km less on the papers but that's ok, I knew the real milleage.

Kai, I have sent you a PM.

And one more thing:
If you really don't like the car because of the screen and emty slots, give it back and make another deal in another one. You are in a positiv eposition to do so and fix the problem. NOW, until is not too late.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #25
OnOffPT
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive20d

The same issue happened to me. I bought the car saying 8000 miles and it had 12000 miles when I received. This was obviously negotiated with a few hundred pounds but still very bad for an official BMW dealer. I felt a bit of pressure to buy the car and I would have probably go away if I wasn't really in the need to get the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #26
Kai3000
Rep
Drives: X1

OnOffPT, I feel bad for you too. I know it's frustrating. I am exchanging the car now.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #27
greenfunk
Rep
Drives: X1

Hi there, I got my X1 as a demo as well.
I picked it up at 447km on 16th Aug'11 and it was registered on 29th Jul'11

Here's the thing that i realised only this year when I was trying to use my car to jumpstart my other car in April.
In the engine bay it says the car was manufactured in Sept'10.
only after having the car for 9 months. I have just realised it was manufactured in '10.
They also mentioned that I will be the first owner of the car. But i just saw my log as well... I'm named as the 2nd owner of the car. But i guess since it's been 9 months I cant do anything about it. & i did manage to take 9k off the listed price. So i guess it kinda evens out?

I think in future the best option would be just to get a brand new car. Although it does cost u more, but it gives you a peace of mind.
Appreciate 0