04-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #23
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsbabybeamer View Post
I appreciate the information you gave, but that has to do with how long it takes once it arrives in the United States. My car has been sitting waiting for a vessel for 13 days now in Germany, do you have any idea how long it'll take before it's loaded on a ship to start the journey to the United States?

Thanks
My car showed it was "waiting for a vessel" for a couple weeks, too but it arrived at my dealership right after the status changed. There's no way it was waiting that entire time. I don't know if that's a common occurrence, but your car may already be on the water.

At least you didn't order an Audi ... many of them have a three to four MONTH lead time!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #24
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

I asked the original question that started this thread.....................

Update my X1 is on the vessel named the Faust and is scheduled to arrive in New Jersey on 4/19.

Thank you all who where kind enough to offer information and helpful facts

PS: using your Vin # to track your car doesn't work. I entered it many times in the last few days and each time it gave me a message "no records found" even though it's been on the Faust and on it's way since 4/6.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #25
abwmma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1x

You will get the up-dated info. only if the clerk at the vessel company put the info in files. Good luck with your new car. I think you will get your car by Jan/24.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #26
RCD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

My 2014 X1 completed production, according to tracking on bmwusa.com, on the 8th, and just this morning the status changed to "en route to USA". It's all about timing. From what i understand, status updates are not always perfect either. Patience is the key.
Appreciate 0