XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Do you like rebates?

Do you bother?

The way I look at it is, we all like to get "more" off of a price.

Say you are buying a battery for $180. And you can save 15% by paying online. then you can get $30 more by mailing your receipt and a form.

I did it. But in this day and age, one should be able to upload a PDF and fill out a form online.

In this latter case, I kid you not, I have gotten $100 gift cards from Audi, GM, etc., in 9-12 calendar days.

With the mail thing, Kumho took 4 months.

Bosch is taking 3 months.

Mobil oil so far 3 wks. for an online submission to appear as pending.

Sometimes, I get the feeling they hope we'll forget about them....otherwise, what gives with the 2-4 mos. to get pyt.?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:23 AM   #2
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070
Do you bother?

The way I look at it is, we all like to get "more" off of a price.

Say you are buying a battery for $180. And you can save 15% by paying online. then you can get $30 more by mailing your receipt and a form.

I did it. But in this day and age, one should be able to upload a PDF and fill out a form online.

In this latter case, I kid you not, I have gotten $100 gift cards from Audi, GM, etc., in 9-12 calendar days.

With the mail thing, Kumho took 4 months.

Bosch is taking 3 months.

Mobil oil so far 3 wks. for an online submission to appear as pending.

Sometimes, I get the feeling they hope we'll forget about them....otherwise, what gives with the 2-4 mos. to get pyt.?
Yes, they do hope you forget.
Also, they do get to sit on your money.
Most importantly though, they get to declare the $30 as revenue, not profit, because it is offset by a $30 "marketing cost". But top line is an Important for companies.
      04-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Yes, they do hope you forget.
Also, they do get to sit on your money.
Most importantly though, they get to declare the $30 as revenue, not profit, because it is offset by a $30 "marketing cost". But top line is an Important for companies.
I know there are easier ways to make money....you go on a business trip, bring your family along. That is a serious amount you can't upload online etc. The meals you have tend to be ones you might not spend your own money on, that's way more than a $100 Audi card or rebate.

But, I still take them because it seems I won't let even $10 go by if it were a matter of clicking something. Maybe $20+ to mail something. I mean I signed up for android pay and got $10. Did a survey and got a $50 amazon, and a $15.

There was only 1 time I did not receive my rebate, and I decided to be a p**** about it--filled out a claim with the TX atty general as it was compaq computer (what a blast from the past). Yep, got my $20.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

It's the cutting the barcode off the package that still makes this difficult for me to complete the process. But I recently got $125 total in cards after buying my son computer parts to build a gaming system.
Appreciate 0