XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

01-09-2024, 08:55 AM   #23
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

*edit - Universal City walk - parking is not free (they also have concerts so check the calender). Disney Springs parking is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 01:36 PM   #24
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Disney Trip 2024

Good to be back home from being at Disney for 5 days (3 park days, 2 travel days). Was a very fun trip and enjoyed being there with my wife and 6.5 year old daughter. Wife and I thought our daughter was toward the end of the Disney Princess phase, however..she is fully over that phase. All she wanted to do was ride the big roller coasters and we enjoyed every second of it! With that, we ended up changing our dinner reservations at some parks and pivoted on the spot.

The Disney app made it easy to navigate through each park, once you got familiar with the app.

A few tips that my wife and I were talking about on the way home from the airport Wednesday night:

1. Make sure to have great shoes. You will walk around a lot, and I mean a lot. Lots of standing and moving. My lower back was hurting towards the end of our second full day and our feet were a little sore too.
2. Watch out for the strollers and rascals. Holy cow this was the worst part of each park. People did not care and thought they had the right a way to everything because they had either or. My heals are all chewed up from being rammed into constantly.
3. If you like coffee or energy drinks, each Disney park was lacking big time in this aspect. We tried to order Celsius drinks from Instacart but that didn’t work. Disney only had the green Monsters and the sugar filled Red Bulls. Coffee places were packed since there were so very few of them. I feel like this is a huge segment Disney is missing out on. A lot of the market type stores didn’t open up until after 9 or 10am. While the park opens up as early as 830am.
4. Reservations: Have your food reservations in place before you go. It’s easy enough to cancel or modify within the app if needed to change anything.
5. Standby vs. Genie + vs. Lightening Lane vs. Virtual Queue: Wtwo3 talked about this perfectly in his Disney review: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2066782&page=3 post #54

6. Get the Magic Bands. These were a huge time saver and allowed us to just use it while checking into each Genie + ride or LL ride. We saw a good amount of people fumbling with key cards or their phones trying to get onto the express line side.

Day 1: Travel & Checking into Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo Village

Our first night we arrived at the Orlando airport around 4pm ET. We scheduled a private suv service to take us from the airport to the AK Lodge. Must do and super easy. We checked into our room online so we made our way to the room.

Room: We stayed at the Jambo Village. The lobby looked the part and the overall theme of the lobby and surroundings were on point. As far as our room was concerned, we overlooked the Safari and saw a lot of animals every morning and evening. The room looked like a very dated 80s Motel 6 while they slapped on a few African theme items. Very disappointing. No originality for what you pay for. We paid extra for the 6th floor club lounge. Comes with apps, drinks, ice cream, snacks. It was nice.

Food: Boma – Flavors of Africa. Buffet style. Dining hall was huge. Crammed all the tables and was hard to move around. Food was horrible. We tried everything they had to offer and we could only muster a few bites of each since it was the only thing we had to eat all day. Very pricey for what you get. Would not recommend.

Final Thoughts: Lobby, animals are cool and all. Would not stay here again. Looked dated. (As you will see, this will be something I mention a lot). Weather was perfect.

Steps: 7,776

Distance walked: 3.94mi

Day 2: Animal Kingdom Park

Our 2nd day was a lot of fun. I set an alarm at 11:55pm ET to be able to snag a Genie+ at Midnight. Then set another alarm at 6:55am ET to get logged into the Disney app and was able to use the Genie+ for Avatar. We took the shuttle from the Lodge to the park and was super easy. The park is spread out so be prepared to walk!

Below is a picture of a part of Animal Kingdom that we walked through to get to the Kilimanjaro Safari. Harambe was a gorilla that was killed within the Cincinnati Zoo a handful of years ago. A little child snuck into the gorilla area and was quickly taken violently by Harambe. The zoo keepers decided to kill the gorilla to save the child.

Link to the news story: https://cincinnatizoo.org/cincinnati...loved-gorilla/

Rides we rode:
- Kilimanjaro Safari (Rope Drop): This was a nice experience. We rode on an old bus that was converted to a safari vehicle. Lots of animals were out. Expected since it was breakfast time for them. Nice way to start the first day.

- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain: This ride was by far our favorite coaster ride. Lots of fun and fast. I love Yeti’s and so does my daughter. This is a must ride. We loved it so much that we rode it twice! My daughter was laughing and having a great time!
- Avatar: Flight of Passage: This was also pretty awesome! First time experiencing anything like this. Must do ride! The quality was top notch. The glasses and visual quality..could be a little crisper.

- Dinosaur: This is a fun ride. Pretty dated but would be good for the hot months to get into some AC.
- Na’vi River Journey: Another Avatar themed ride. It was pretty and the colors were very vibrant. Also good to ride when it’s hot out.

Food: Had Tusker House Restaurant reservations and the food was okay. We were able to interact with the whole Mickey Mouse crew and got pictures taken with them.

Final Thoughts: Had dinner reservations for Tiffins Restaurant at 7:25pm but called it a day around 3pm. I was able to cancel without any issues. We were all tired and went back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and went swimming for the remainder of the afternoon. We had dinner by the pool at a place I can’t remember but the food was mediocre. Usually, my daughter will crush some flatbread pizza, but she only had a few bites, and my burger was overdone.

We went back up to the 6th floor club lounge to get dessert and went back to our hotel room for the night.

Steps: 15,913

Distance walked: 7.96mi

Day 3: Magic Kingdom

I mimicked what I did for Animal Kingdom for Magic Kingdom in terms of getting Genie+ and Lightening Lane. I paid extra for the wife, daughter and I to get on Tron and I am glad I did. The whole time we were there, I was checking wait times…it was over 70mins for the whole day. So, it was well worth the extra expense.

Holy smokes! Packed!!! Lot’s of crazy people! Strollers and rascals everywhere! Busiest park out of all three and we stayed the longest to see the fireworks at night! Got to Magic Kingdom around 8:15am and left about 9pm. We were exhausted as my daughter fell asleep on the 20min bus ride back to our lodge.

Rides we rode:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Loved this ride. It was very short and used Genie+ to cut the wait time. Good turns, good G forces and the whole family loved the ride.

- Haunted Mansion: Waited in line for this one. Over 60mins. My daughter wanted to do this one badly. I love these type of rides. We have one here at Kings Island. We all felt the visuals could have been better. Seemed dated and needed some extra scariness. But we all liked it!
- “It’s a small world”: Can’t believe this is still going. Wow, I can still hear the song playing in my head. Very very dated ride. It’s nostalgic but wow.
- Jungle Cruise: Was a fun ride. The tour guide on the boat made it entertaining enough.
- Peter Pan’s Flight: This is another one where I can’t believe was still in operation.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Another boat ride. I think this was # 4 on the day. The ride was entertaining. Maybe time for something different?
- Space Mountain: Least favorite ride. I thought I was going to come out of the seat a few times and was very jerky. The ride is definitely showing it’s age.
- TRON Lightcycle / Run: Holy shit! This was amazing! Short but the ride was unreal! The build up, the music the look and feel of everything was getting me all pumped up and the way you sit on the cycle was just a completely different experience. Took me back to my sport bike days. We all loved the ride and would have gone a second time if the wait times were less.

Food:
- Gustavo’s: We got two giant cinnamon rolls. They were good but cold.
- Caseys Corner: They sell nothing but footlong hot dogs that you can customize and put different toppings on. (Chili, cheese, jalapenos..etc.). Very greasy. Fries were okay. Place was packed! It was also located in the middle of the park overlooking the Castle.
- Liberty Tree Taven: Food was pretty good. Ate here at 6:55pm for dinner. Had reservations and got in immediately. Place has a set all you can eat menu and was pretty pricey. For two adults and one child, the bill was over $150 with tip. They served a salad, garlic rolls and a Thanksgiving dinner feast with all the fixings. The dessert was good. Vanilla ice cream and a toffy cake. Would entertain the idea of going back.

Final Thoughts: Overall, my thoughts are, it was a good day. Drank a lot of water to stay hydrated and kept moving. Only ride we weren’t able to get on was the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. That ride seemed to always be a 70+ min wait! I think at one point it was down during the day. Whole park seemed dated and needed a fresh makeover. Had “Be Our Guest” reservations but my daughter didn’t want any part of it. Wife and I were relieved because we could ride more rides in it’s place.

Fireworks!

Steps: 15,140

Distance walked: 7.53mi

Day 4: Hollywood Studios

This was our last day at a Disney Park. Seemed to be the smallest of the three we visited as well.
Star Wars was done perfectly! I am more of a Space Balls (Mel Brooks) fan but it was unreal the level of detail.

Toy Story land. Very well done and everything was packed into a small space.

Rides we rode:
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway: Pretty fun ride!
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run: Was an awesome experience. You get to fly a plane with another person, two gunners and another two engineers behind you. Waited a long time in line, 60+ mins.
- Slinky Dog Dash: First ride of the day and it was a good one! Seemed like everyone else had the same idea!

- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance: This was by far my favorite ride out of the three days. The Storm Troopers lined up when you walk out and the whole production of it all. Nothing I have ever experienced before and the ride was just awesome!

- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Pretty cool ride. Daughter wanted to go on it. Had the Genie+ for it. I wouldn’t have rode it if I didn’t to be honest. Another ride that was dated.
Food: Had a dinner reservation for The Hollywood Brown Derby but cancelled it last minute. Daughter was ready to head back to the Lodge and swim. I am glad we did because we both had a blast in the water.

Final Thoughts: Hollywood Studios was a good park. Very small. Might need to invest in a few other big rides there as everyone was either at the Star Wars area or in Toy Story. We wanted to go to the Fantasmic show but the only time was 9:30pm. Too late for us as we had to be up early the next morning to catch the flight.

We ended up ordering Papa Johns pizza while at the pool and by the time we were heading up to our room, I met the delivery driver in the lobby and I took the pizza back to our room and had dinner in there. My daughter said it was the best meal she had the whole time there.

Steps: 10,530

Distance walked: 5.15mi

Day 5: Check out & Travel

Overall Final Thoughts: Everything was expensive. So, plan accordingly. Food is pricey for what quality you get. We never had a meal that we were crazy about, seriously. Plan for over $300 per day for food and drinks. Bottle water was about $5.75 each.

Pretty disappointed in the food quality at all Disney parks and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Wasn’t cheap by any means. So very discouraged in that aspect because we were over $100 - $200 per meal, easily.

Don’t get me wrong, the wife, daughter and I had a great time and we all enjoyed it to it’s fullest extent. Happy we did this and we have our local King’s Island Amusement Park to compare it to and we all three agreed that King’s Island is the better option. We felt the rides at each Disney Park were just so short, thinking they just want to turn and burn to get as many people as possible through. At King’s Island, 90% of the rides are big rides and are long rides. Just my thoughts.

All in all, I feel that Disney needs to invest in more big rides. There are only 1-2 of them per park. Need to make them longer. We were done pretty much by 1pm every day.

At the end of the day, my daughter had the biggest smile on her face the whole time. It made every single second worth it in my eyes to be there with my family!

Thank you to everyone who has helped!

Last edited by MoeTE87; 03-09-2024 at 06:11 AM..
Appreciate 3
Ingraman144.50
wtwo317971.00
      03-02-2024, 10:26 PM   #25
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Awesome write up! Sucks about the room being dated. We stayed at Kidani Village and our room was pretty awesome - not sure if that area of the resort has been updated recently vs. the others, but I didn't feel it was dated.

Glad you had a good time! I think we'll have one more Disney trip in us when my son is older - after that once both kids are in their teens, we're definitely going to do Universal as I find the rides there much more fun.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 08:27 AM   #26
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep

Garage List
Thank you Sir! I think we are one and done to be honest. Wife made a comment, she would have rather spent the money on a very nice beach trip but was very happy we went to Disney!

Kings Island opens up here next month and my daughter already wants to go. So we will see! I know she wants to ride The Beast, Orion, and a few others, but I am not sure if she is tall enough. But damn, they are super fast! Disney can't match at least 4-5 rides that Kings Island has.
      03-04-2024, 03:27 PM   #27
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

I'm glad you had fun, but this sort of cements my thoughts about NOT going to Disney and giving them my hard earned after tax dollars. Just seems like they are there to fleece you with subpar food and accommodations and wait in line.

I'll stick with Wonderland up here in the great white north, maybe some parks in the States when we are down, heard things like Six Flags might be good.

Never been a Disney fan though, and with two boys who I'm not certain have ever watched a Disney movie as unbelievable as that may sound, they have no clue that this place exists and I don't think I'll bother enlightening them.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 07:11 PM   #28
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
I'm glad you had fun, but this sort of cements my thoughts about NOT going to Disney and giving them my hard earned after tax dollars. Just seems like they are there to fleece you with subpar food and accommodations and wait in line.

I'll stick with Wonderland up here in the great white north, maybe some parks in the States when we are down, heard things like Six Flags might be good.

Never been a Disney fan though, and with two boys who I'm not certain have ever watched a Disney movie as unbelievable as that may sound, they have no clue that this place exists and I don't think I'll bother enlightening them.
Went to Dollywood a few years ago. I enjoyed it much more than the pEdoPHile kingdom.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 11:13 PM   #29
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Thank you Sir! I think we are one and done to be honest. Wife made a comment, she would have rather spent the money on a very nice beach trip but was very happy we went to Disney!

Kings Island opens up here next month and my daughter already wants to go. So we will see! I know she wants to ride The Beast, Orion, and a few others, but I am not sure if she is tall enough. But damn, they are super fast! Disney can't match at least 4-5 rides that Kings Island has.
We've been Prestige pass holders at KI for two years but skipped the passes this year. Park has gotten insanely busy, water park is unbearable now and with Coney closing it will be worse. Prestige perks have been getting pretty crummy too, mmmm VIP tap water lol but hey at least we don't have to eat or park with the peasants. Wife and I spent about $1k last year for the two passes and perks and even with over 70 visits we didn't enjoy the year.

KI does have amazing rides, staff, it's a beautiful park that is also stunning at night. Also cool that we have one of only 7 giga coasters, at least I think that's the story still? Banshee is the best ride in my opinion, thing is bonkers good, perfect in every way.

We just feel like there at too many bad signs for this year, for instance, the elimination of KI embassadors which is insane, two less weeks this season, changes to Fast Pass which will make wait times longer, hiring of 3k less employees plus other issues. Food was a BIG disappointment this year, the new head chef didn't do a good job ( the old guy is now head of 9 parks food service) and Grain and Grill is horrible! Food was good occasionally (if busy) but mostly it was cold with tiny portions, I'd be ticked if I didn't have the meal plan. Rest of the food is good but they didn't mix it up enough like the past chef did.

I'm sure the Six Flags merger is going to be a BIG mistake, I sold my stock on the announcement that how much I think of it.

I miss the Paramount days but things always seem better when you're a child lol.

All of this said we are still very lucky to have such a great park for a metro of only 2.5mil.
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87656.00
      03-05-2024, 01:37 AM   #30
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
I have earned all of my fatherhood theme park merit badges. God I’m glad that’s over!

Happy you enjoyed it.
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87656.00
      03-05-2024, 06:44 AM   #31
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post

That is a good thing. Keep them busy with sports. Only thing I like to watch is a little bit of the Star Wars, but even that, I prefer to watch Space Balls to be honest. Don't get me wrong, everything was nice and thought out there at the parks but to me, I feel they need a complete revamp of everything. Seems like they are holding on to years past, maybe people love the nostalgic of things..which is cool and all, but to only have 1-2 rides that are somewhat even worth a damn and everything else is subpar, I will gladly take my money elsewhere for thrills.

As far as the food situation goes. Very disappointed. I thought the food would have been really good for what you pay. It was far from. No taste / flavor. Too much salt. If others love the food, good for them. Just isn't for me and my family.

I heard Six Flags are very nice. Never been though.

Everything is just way over priced for what you get. They nickel and dime to just ride rides is absurd. I had to pay for a Genie+ to ride some rides ($70+ per day for all three times 3 days we were at three different parks), then had to pay extra for the Lightening Lane (Another $70+ for the three of us) because some rides weren't part of the Genie+, oh and I had to pay extra for the Magic band too ($140) for the three of us. Actually, everything was tripled since it's all individual based. Myself, wife and daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Went to Dollywood a few years ago. I enjoyed it much more than the pEdoPHile kingdom.
Never been. I have driven by it but never been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
We've been Prestige pass holders at KI for two years but skipped the passes this year. Park has gotten insanely busy, water park is unbearable now and with Coney closing it will be worse. Prestige perks have been getting pretty crummy too, mmmm VIP tap water lol but hey at least we don't have to eat or park with the peasants. Wife and I spent about $1k last year for the two passes and perks and even with over 70 visits we didn't enjoy the year.

KI does have amazing rides, staff, it's a beautiful park that is also stunning at night. Also cool that we have one of only 7 giga coasters, at least I think that's the story still? Banshee is the best ride in my opinion, thing is bonkers good, perfect in every way.

We just feel like there at too many bad signs for this year, for instance, the elimination of KI embassadors which is insane, two less weeks this season, changes to Fast Pass which will make wait times longer, hiring of 3k less employees plus other issues. Food was a BIG disappointment this year, the new head chef didn't do a good job ( the old guy is now head of 9 parks food service) and Grain and Grill is horrible! Food was good occasionally (if busy) but mostly it was cold with tiny portions, I'd be ticked if I didn't have the meal plan. Rest of the food is good but they didn't mix it up enough like the past chef did.

I'm sure the Six Flags merger is going to be a BIG mistake, I sold my stock on the announcement that how much I think of it.

I miss the Paramount days but things always seem better when you're a child lol.

All of this said we are still very lucky to have such a great park for a metro of only 2.5mil.
That is all good information. I had no idea KI was going through all of that. Yeah, we hardly eat there and make an afternoon of it. Seems to be less crowded when we go and do that as opposed to go first thing in the morning and stay all day.

I love KI and all of the rides. To me, The Beast is the best they have. I grew up riding it and the ride is like nothing else out there. All wooden and fast as shit.

My parents have KI passes and we have a pass for my daughter. My parents love taking her a lot during the summer / fall time. 2-3 times per month and I know my daughter loves it. Especially getting older and taller, she is riding some of the big kid rides now and is a thrill seeker. Which I love seeing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamasM3e93 View Post
I have earned all of my fatherhood theme park merit badges. God I’m glad that’s over!

Happy you enjoyed it.
I am working on mine! Haha! I have 4 badges under my belt. I am sure I will have more by the time my daughter is through high school. She is 6.5 now.

Thanks!
CamasM3e933164.00
      03-05-2024, 08:21 AM   #32
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
I am working on mine! Haha! I have 4 badges under my belt. I am sure I will have more by the time my daughter is through high school. She is 6.5 now.

Thanks!

I liked Sea World and Legoland, both in San Diego. Unlike Disney I felt like the experiences were reasonable compared to the cost and the crowds weren’t so terrible. It’s been 30 years but Knott’s Berry Farm in Orange County CA also a decent one.
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87656.00
      03-05-2024, 08:23 AM   #33
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
That is a good thing. Keep them busy with sports. Only thing I like to watch is a little bit of the Star Wars, but even that, I prefer to watch Space Balls to be honest. Don't get me wrong, everything was nice and thought out there at the parks but to me, I feel they need a complete revamp of everything. Seems like they are holding on to years past, maybe people love the nostalgic of things..which is cool and all, but to only have 1-2 rides that are somewhat even worth a damn and everything else is subpar, I will gladly take my money elsewhere for thrills.

As far as the food situation goes. Very disappointed. I thought the food would have been really good for what you pay. It was far from. No taste / flavor. Too much salt. If others love the food, good for them. Just isn't for me and my family.

I heard Six Flags are very nice. Never been though.

Everything is just way over priced for what you get. They nickel and dime to just ride rides is absurd. I had to pay for a Genie+ to ride some rides ($70+ per day for all three times 3 days we were at three different parks), then had to pay extra for the Lightening Lane (Another $70+ for the three of us) because some rides weren't part of the Genie+, oh and I had to pay extra for the Magic band too ($140) for the three of us. Actually, everything was tripled since it's all individual based. Myself, wife and daughter.

Never been. I have driven by it but never been.

That is all good information. I had no idea KI was going through all of that. Yeah, we hardly eat there and make an afternoon of it. Seems to be less crowded when we go and do that as opposed to go first thing in the morning and stay all day.

I love KI and all of the rides. To me, The Beast is the best they have. I grew up riding it and the ride is like nothing else out there. All wooden and fast as shit.

My parents have KI passes and we have a pass for my daughter. My parents love taking her a lot during the summer / fall time. 2-3 times per month and I know my daughter loves it. Especially getting older and taller, she is riding some of the big kid rides now and is a thrill seeker. Which I love seeing!

Thanks!
The Beast is fantastic, love riding it at night. Once rode it at almost midnight, incredibly dark out making it even more a thrill.
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87656.00
      03-05-2024, 09:44 AM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

For my youngest, I got my Dad-badges at places like "Grandpa's mountain," Jamaica-mahn, Japan, Canada, Grand Canyon, Taos/Shiprock, Pacific ocean fishing, various cruises.

My wife's niece has two kids approaching Disney age. I already have a note from my (deceased) mom that says I'm too well to attend. My sock drawer is rather cluttered and in need of rearranging. Missed birthday trips to Lego and Sea World because I was on-call.

There are discussions of Disney cruise in the Caribbean, but there are also rumors of no alcohol on Disney boats. Umm, I think I have a root canal that week, sorry.
      03-05-2024, 01:46 PM   #35
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
but there are also rumors of no alcohol on Disney boats. Umm, I think I have a root canal that week, sorry.
Disney Cruises DO serve alcohol on their cruises. No root canal for you that week, sorry.
Appreciate 1
UncleWede18026.50
      03-05-2024, 02:13 PM   #36
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep

Garage List
My wife asked me if we wanted to do a Disney cruise before we finally decided on going to Orlando and I told her flat out "F no I don't!" I can't imagine being on a boat for a week with all of those kids running everywhere. No thanks. Not sure how anyone can do that to themselves..lol.
vreihen1615280.00
      03-08-2024, 07:17 PM   #37
ErikJ1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport

Extremely well written piece. Just curious what your profession is?? As a 7 th Generation North Florida Cracker , thank you for your patronage. Yankee bed tax money let's florida Man have extra money for guns and weed.😄..

My company had its annual Sales conference at The Swan last month. We rented out EPCOT for the night. Food sucked, drinks sucked, dirty..I only go if I am getting paid. Next year we are going to Hard Rock at Universal thank god.

The best advice I give to people going to D is do not be afraid to leave for meals. Take an Uber 5 mins off campus and you will cut your food cost by 60% and quality is 75% better.
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87656.00
      03-09-2024, 06:17 AM   #38
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikJ1 View Post
Extremely well written piece. Just curious what your profession is?? As a 7 th Generation North Florida Cracker , thank you for your patronage. Yankee bed tax money let's florida Man have extra money for guns and weed.😄..

My company had its annual Sales conference at The Swan last month. We rented out EPCOT for the night. Food sucked, drinks sucked, dirty..I only go if I am getting paid. Next year we are going to Hard Rock at Universal thank god.

The best advice I give to people going to D is do not be afraid to leave for meals. Take an Uber 5 mins off campus and you will cut your food cost by 60% and quality is 75% better.
Thank you for the kind words!

I am a project manager in IT Infrastructure, Security, and Risk & Compliance.

The food was pretty bad and very pricey as you know from my review. Never thought about going off campus to go grab some food.

As a family, we always take a Destin, FL trip every year in middle of August. We might skip this year and do something else as we are over the beach and when we went to Destin last year, it was during the heat wave. It made everything unbearable. Even the condo's massive pool was very warm and not refreshing.
ErikJ1421.00